Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Why do you all worry about a promote, I do not have any, but enjoy putting information or opinions on here and reading what others have to say. It is good when someone likes what I have put and enjoys my comments, but I think I can survive without a promote

Don't knock it until you've tried it Ross 1, it's like getting a gold star from teacher :wink: .
    What is a gold star? :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Why do you all worry about a promote, I do not have any, but enjoy putting information or opinions on here and reading what others have to say. It is good when someone likes what I have put and enjoys my comments, but I think I can survive without a promote

Don't knock it until you've tried Ross 1, it's like getting a gold star from teacher :wink: .
    ... and being one of the chosen by teacher towards the end of the day to get a leftover warm curdled small bottle of milk unused from the morning. (That was before Thatcher snatched them away!)

• Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Don't knock it until you've tried it Ross 1, it's like getting a gold star from teacher :wink: .
    What is a gold star? :wink:
    Recognition of an outstanding piece of work and I think you should at least have one to show for your dedication to the match thread cause, week after week when a lesser person would have jacked it in by now :wink: .
    You are too kind, and now I am embarrassed :smiley:
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Don't knock it until you've tried Ross 1, it's like getting a gold star from teacher :wink: .
    ... and being one of the chosen by teacher towards the end of the day to get a leftover warm curdled small bottle of milk unused from the morning. (That was before Thatcher snatched them away!)

I'm sure he told you it was a warm curdled small bottle of milk
  • Options
    35mil Goes Through Monday
  • Options
    Can't wait to win my book on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc_will said:

35mil Goes Through Monday

If you know the price, the next manager, the chairman etc etc. How come no one knows who the fuck they are?
  • Options
    Just gone in the front room and switched on the tv, my youngest was last watching Nick Jr and Peppa Pig is in Australia. If that isn't a sign I don't know what is.
  • Options
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Just gone in the front room and switched on the tv, my youngest was last watching Nick Jr and Peppa Pig is in Australia. If that isn't a sign I don't know what is.

Pity she's not in NZ !

Would be an improvement on our batsmen out there .

Well, anyone would.....
  • Options

cfgs said:

Pity she's not in NZ !

Would be an improvement on our batsmen out there .

Well, anyone would.....
    Don't you worry about the England cricket team Fanny.
    You should be getting those hot pants ready !
  • Options

Surely worth using up the rest of protest fund to put up a “we won” poster?

Brilliant idea. I can't think of anything more that I'd want the money spent on. Not just any old poster though - one on the perimeter fence at The Valley. That would provide a wonderful photo opportunity and would but the money back into the club.
  • Options

The only person who won is RD we have had four seasons of decline we have become a laughing stock and example of how not to run a club , we have sold players who should’ve been the light in the dark times for shitty amounts and RD has benefited and he has got by the looks of it the majority of his wish amount back

And right now he still ain’t gone

You need the lows to appreciate the highs.
    Been a while since I've seen a high!!

• Options

I’d always thought he was a bit acerbic but maybe he’s more acetic.

So long as he's not Arabic!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Ah, but did you get a Wagonwheel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

Now reached Two Million views

Thank you

Deserves a promote :smile:

Do you think so?
    Oh, by the way Henners did I mention that I got my fourth promote yesterday :wink: .
    In fairness, I was pissed :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2018

RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

Thank you

Do you think so?
    Oh, by the way Henners did I mention that I got my fourth promote yesterday :wink: .
    Lol. So was WSS for one of the others, but don't tell Henners. Having said that it's all about opportunism and timing :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

I can confirm that ;-)
  • Options
    2 million views nearly.... the multinationals will be sponsoring here soon..... maybe even a takeover in the offing.

• Options

Ps. Anyone feeling upset about the Saudis walking remind yourself of this:

The Australian Football Consortium has been established to acquire an underperforming English football team with a view to elevating the club back to the Premier League.

In 2016 AFC commissioned Deloitte’s Football Business Group in Manchester to conduct a feasibility study on our project and identify clubs that fit our criteria.

Our goal is quite simple: To rebuild the club that we acquire and over time, attempt to elevate it to the Premier League. Of this we are resolute. Winning is important to us. However, winning only occurs when a sporting organisation has the best people, processes and governance in place. As a result, AFC intend to incorporate the very best local, Australian and global sports leadership, psychology, coaching, data analytics, management and science to ensure that we leave no stone unturned in our quest to achieve our goal. It is AFC’s intention to inject significant funds to ensure that this occurs.

A critical component of AFC’s strategy will be to invest heavily into the training facility so that the club can attract and develop local talent and provide them with the opportunity to represent their club at a senior level.

It is also important to note that AFC is keenly aware and understands the importance of the fans in English football. We are committed to our responsibility to honour and respect the history and tradition of the club and ensure that the fans are respected as key stakeholders in the process.

AFC’s expert advisory team includes some of the most respected names in Australian sport. These experts have committed their time, free of charge, because they believe wholeheartedly in the validity of the project.

We believe that this is a good news story for Australia, the UK and all football lovers because we know that with the right ownership and leadership, it is possible to restore a winning culture to a club for the benefit of the fans, the local community and to help grow support for the club further afield.

Strong football relationships already exist between Australia and the UK and we believe this well-constructed project will only strengthen these over time.

We remain hopeful of being able to conclude a deal in due course but we will not be making any statements or comments until a deal is completed.

Ed. but then also remember this from the Saudi football team.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/08/saudi-arabia-footballers-ignore-minutes-silence-for-london-attack-victims

But this is the statement from the original bunch who didn't seem to have the money before the Andrew Muir rumours surfaced.
    Yes, but maybe they're backed by him.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    buckshee said:

Can we please use some of the protest fund to send Roland a fucking big roll of duct tape.

I wouldn’t give him the steam off my piss.
    Vinegar pisser
    Ok, I wouldn’t give him the steam off my vinegar piss
  • Options

buckshee said:

Can we please use some of the protest fund to send Roland a fucking big roll of duct tape.

I wouldn’t give him the steam off my piss.
    Vinegar pisser
    Ok, I wouldn’t give him the steam off my vinegar piss
    Perhaps in time you will be able to look back more kindly on the tragic days of the twerp from Antwerp.

• Options

RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

Thank you

Do you think so?
    Think of me next time you're pissed
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

Thank you

Do you think so?
    Think of me next time you're pissed
    I tend to think of Kelly Brook but everyone to their own.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!