Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I know that the recent dip in form has not helped with trying to bring to a conclusion the bids that are under consideration - certainly implies things are not 'done'
  • Options
    Has Airman Brown been banned yet?
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

More info from Angeldust elsewhere. Without quoting the whole post, the gist is that Angeldust believes that the Aussies are still on the radar, while "nearly all" of the other interested parties have walked away over the price. His view is that the Aussies have reached some sort of agreement with RD, but it's far short of what he is looking for. As a result, his gut feeling is that RD will retain some interest in the club.

Angeldust also thinks that a timescale has been established for the deal to go through (the end of Feb or early March) but RD is still open to higher offers in the interim. Angeldust is concerned that this might not be a watertight arrangement with the Aussies, with the implication that RD might extend the deadline (that's my reading of it anyway). He ends on a more positive note that the Aussies are always looking for extra investment and could buy out RD over time.

Just thought people might find this interesting, and I know not everyone looks in "elsewhere" so might have missed it.

But RM promised RD wouldn't keep any part of the club :cold_sweat:

When asked if Roland Duchatelet would keep the ground and training ground

“I heard this thing that Roland was keeping The Valley and selling the club, no, not that I’m aware.

“To my knowledge this (the sale) would be lock, stock and barrel.

“The training ground for any buyer is quite key as well. They realise that for a club like us the academy is essential and I think Jason (Morgan, CEO of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust) is aware that the Trust is very much one of the assets which they (potential buyers) feel is linked to Charlton and can be expanded even further than it has been already.”
    I’d take anything Murray says with a pinch of salt.
    And what about angel dust?
    I don’t really know who he is, other than he posts on ITTV.... so.....
    Reminds me of when I was in the Valley Cafe and saw former chess Grand Master, Gary Kasparov in there. When I asked him to pass the salt, it took him half hour
    I try to treat all my celebrity sightings confidential
    Yes indeed I heard he had quite a checkered career after his chess days.
    Mind you, of course, he was pretty set in his ways, everything was very much black or white to him..

Gary Kasparov, a man who spent to much time bashing the bishop and checking out Queens.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Has Airman Brown been banned yet?

I think he just underwent a self imposed 2 day suspension and gave himself a thorough dressing down - no shame in getting things wrong I'm told
  • Options
    To come on this Charlton life thread you need more patients than the NHS.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Rudders22 said:

Rudders22 said:

Prayfor@BDL. Has anyone heard or seen Dave Lockeood since his drunken escapade earlier this afternoon? Is he in trouble with the missus for getting drunk??

What's happened there is that you've pressed quote when you meant to press edit. I've been there a few times myself.
    Cheers mate. Was trying to the edit onbmy phone but wouldn't work
  • Options
    So reading between the lines the 'business side' could be sold but Roland will somehow retain all or part of The Valley and / or training ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But I don’t get it. Rio Ferdinand said we were getting some very good news by Christmas and here we are - it’s almost March.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

So reading between the lines the 'business side' could be sold but Roland will somehow retain all or part of The Valley and / or training ground.

Unlikely.
    So what we know is that there is a group with an Aussie in it,not sure if Muir is in or not? Paul Elliott might be involved?
    Do they have enough funds or are they borrowing it and are they potentially worse than what we already have, if they were Mega Rich wouldn't they just buy it all and pay off the Ex Directors and grab all the assets?
    The other Muir and McLeish are gone.
    Who else is there and are they borrowing funds or cash rich?
    Is Duchatalet being greedy on price or not sure if he takes part now part later than anyone bidding can cover the future and get to a point to pay him back the rest of his money?
    I am coming to conclusion this is going to go on for a very long time, and we already been going at least 8 months.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Unlikely.
    So what we know is that there is a group with an Aussie in it,not sure if Muir is in or not? Paul Elliott might be involved?
    Do they have enough funds or are they borrowing it and are they potentially worse than what we already have, if they were Mega Rich wouldn't they just buy it all and pay off the Ex Directors and grab all the assets?
    Is Duchatalet being greedy on price or not sure if he takes part now part later than anyone bidding can cover the future and get to a point to pay him back the rest of his money?
    I am coming to conclusion this is going to go on for a very long time, and we already been going at least 8 months.
    Paul Elliott is not involved. That is from a 100 per cent, pukka, solid, unequivocal, concrete solid, source.

• Options

LenGlover said:

Unlikely.
    Does anyone else get the feeling that we are just getting mugged off and RD is laughing his bollocks off
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

LenGlover said:

Unlikely.
    Paul Elliott is not involved. That is from a 100 per cent, pukka, solid, unequivocal, concrete solid, source.

I’m not going to be fooled with that bluff
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Unlikely.
    Does anyone else get the feeling that we are just getting mugged off and RD is laughing his bollocks off
    Yes.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Unlikely.
    He's willing to pay a lot for his laughs then....?

Around £750,000 per month down the pan - not to be seen again...
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

LenGlover said:

Unlikely.

Ah, Pukka Pies you say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

Unlikely.
    Relax. Richard Murray said we will be sold.
    (The same Richard Murray that said:
    "Iain Dowie is an excellent manager."
    "Michael Slater is a 'football person'."
    "We will not have to sell our best young players under Roland's tenure".
    That one.)

Roland has said the club is for sale
    (...well it was on the morning he said that.)

He also said Parky was a better manager than Curbs.
  • Options
    @Redhenry on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is very dirty money and 10 is 100% honestly earnt or inherited, what would you say 'your' investers money would score ?
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

LenGlover said:

Unlikely.
    He's willing to pay a lot for his laughs then....?

Around £750,000 per month down the pan - not to be seen again...
    perhaps his got dodgy batteries in his calculator
  • Options
    Hex said:

@Redhenry on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is very dirty money and 10 is 100% honestly earnt or inherited, what would you say 'your' investers money would score ?

@Redhenry on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is Hartlepool United and 10 is Manchester City, where would you say "your" investors wealth would score?
  • Options

But I don’t get it. Rio Ferdinand said we were getting some very good news by Christmas and here we are - it’s almost March.

You got no presents for Xmas.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    If I was losing the money he is, I don't think I would be laughing my proverbials off about it!
  • Options
    So the real question is will he settle for a sensible amount due to his ongoing losses or will the loss of senior figures mean that we have nobody to pay the bills and we end up in administration and he gets nothing. The second option is highly unlikely but would be funny.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown Apart from matches, season tickets and income from transfers, do you know when the club will next receive money to offset RD's losses ?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Roland just wants competition, if it doesn't happen he'll have to accept the lower offer.
  • Options
    Roland is clearly playing the game and trying to create a bidding war. I don't blame him for that because we would all do the same.

At some point he will have to lower his asking price because that's going to be a better option than continually funding our losses.

My information regarding the Scottish interest was that he was asking for a fairly substantial amount if he were to sell and we went on to gain promotion. I think that has been a sticky point because getting promotion from League 1 to the Champ is not worth an extra 5mil (the amount I was told he wanted including in the contract of sale).

I do think we have to be patient, we are close to being sold. It's just when Roland decides to lower his valuation because he is not going to get anywhere near what he thinks he can get.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!