Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• P
    cafcpolo said:

Who's in the VIP seats today then?

Paul May by all accounts!
    Who?
    Selwyn Froggat u mean.
  • JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

Heard some good news about the sale from someone more ITK than me yesterday. He’s on here but is discreet.
    I am now less worried than I was before.
    Care to elaborate a little?
  • Or a tab of white lightning more likely!
  • DA9 said:

Lol, he was there, spoke to him before and after.

One fella told me in the millennium lounge that one of the bidders is Scandinavian

DA9 said:

One fella told me in the millennium lounge that one of the bidders is Scandinavian
    Finnish?

WIOTOS
    No way?
  • DA9 said:

Finnish?

WIOTOS
    Not quite, seems like there’s still more to get done before it’s Finnish :smiley:
  • I knew there was a reason I changed my prediction to 29th February.

Seems like this is going on for too long and it’s never going to get done. But we know eventually it will. Just needs to hurry up so we can move forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

Heard some good news about the sale from someone more ITK than me yesterday. He’s on here but is discreet.
    Have you been on the wacky baccy?

On this list and discreet!!!!

Yeah right....
  • edited February 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

Didn't know you and DOUCHER were pals ;-)
  • Three days until Joynes leaves for Boro.
  • DA9 said:

We'll be in good hands then.
  • seth plum said:

Three days until Joynes leaves for Boro.

Told he went on Friday
  • DA9 said:

IKEA sofa?
  • seth plum said:

Told he went on Friday
    Makes sense.
    So anybody contacting the club with a serious enquiry or issue gets directed to

Constable Eager?
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2018

DA9 said:

He wasn’t even a Charlton fan, Spurs, him & his son, seemed to know a few people and getting photos with David pleat and mark bright
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Told he went on Friday
    Makes sense.

Constable Eager?
    The two Belgian members of staff who came over a few weeks ago???

Duchatelet expected to have sold the club months ago IMHO and still expects to sell so won't waste time and money employing or sacking anyone.

He doesn't care and hasn't done for a long time now.
  • DA9 said:

DA9 said:

He wasn’t even a Charlton fan, him & his son, seemed to know a few people and getting photos with David pleat and mark bright
    Bright was at The Valley for the Bradford game as well.

Expect a departure to 'them' in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Told he went on Friday
    Makes sense.

Constable Eager?

Duchatelet expected to have sold the club months ago IMHO and still expects to sell so won't waste time and money employing or sacking anyone.

OK.
    I wonder if it can be assumed two Belgian people are ensconced at the Valley fielding enquiries in Flemish, French and English...let's hope they also have Latin so as to deal with the recent acquisition enquiry from Julius Caesar.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Told he went on Friday
    Makes sense.

Constable Eager?

OK.
    I wonder if it can be assumed two Belgian people are ensconced at the Valley fielding enquiries in Flemish, French and English...let's hope they also have Latin so as to deal with the recent acquisition enquiry from Julius Caesar.
    Not felt any ripples in the Correze, yet......
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Told he went on Friday
    Makes sense.

Constable Eager?
    Yep. Just over 4 years now.
  • Stig said:

Quantum nonsense, more like. There's no logic on that Ono quote at all - it's a complete non-sequitur. There's no basis at all for saying that man made- concepts are not relevant to think about. The whole point of man-made concepts is to aid our thinking and guide our actions. Project management, sushi, double glazing, performance art... all man made concepts. Is Ono shunning these too? Of course not. Just as she didn't choose not to think about time: the Plastic Ono band produced an album called Some Time in New York City and Ono's comment on Ringo Starr's knighthood was, 'it's about time'. If she was to come around here saying time is not a relevant thing to think about, I'd say 'oi, Ono no...'.
    The whole of what we term Reality is a man made construct. We can’t even prove that what you call red is what I call red!
  • JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

You can’t leave it like that, you should have said nothing or at least expanded on your comment.
    Ok, perhaps you can not then. Been nice to know in what context the good news was? Was it financial, ie they got loads of money / none, its happening this week / next year, there’s a lot of information you could say without dropping your discreet source in it. To be honest whilst I would like to be informed I find post like these just a bit to teasing for my liking.
  • I have always suspected that Rolands 'I'm selling' announcement was designed to excuse him not spending during January. If he said 'good morning' to me I would immediately check my watch. I loathe the man, and will continue to stay away until he finally leaves which I believe is not in sight.
  • June 15 ... you will see I am right :wink:
  • stonemuse said:

June 15 ... you will see I am right :wink:

June 15 will happen, definitely, but what happens on June 15? :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!