Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Doucher me old mucka just so what i done sit back know your info is bang on and let the madness continue on here ,

We have come full circle

It’s time to just chill

• Options

From a source at the club today.

"It will happen, we know it will happen. But I haven't got a clue when. I've had no conversation with anybody and no one has called me. I do not have a clue.

About as informative as most of the other 'sourced' information on this thread, to be fair.
  • Options

From a source at the club today.

"It will happen, we know it will happen. But I haven't got a clue when. I've had no conversation with anybody and no one has called me. I do not have a clue.

About as informative as most of the other 'sourced' information on this thread, to be fair.
    Really? So you're saying Karl Robinson isn't ITK?

Here's the full quote.

On takover rumours

"It will happen, we know it will happen. But I haven't got a clue when. Richard (Murray) is coming today to watch training. I've had no conversation with anybody and no one has called me. I do not have a clue.

"All I know is we are playing well but timing wise on that, it's not my job. I don't get paid to worry about the boardroom, I just concentrate on the pitch."
  • Options

Doucher me old mucka just so what i done sit back know your info is bang on and let the madness continue on here ,

We have come full circle

It’s time to just chill

true enough but what's the point of a discussion board if not to discuss? be boring if everybody agreed - some on here get a bit silly but most can think for themselves
  • Options
    I suppose we can take some consolation that despite this farcical, demoralising and protracted sales process and the absence of any CEO or half-sensible senior management figure, the team is not doing any worse than when Roland and his trusted experts had their hands firmly on the tiller.
  • Options
    Murray said it's likely to happen some time in February. So...are we honestly seriously just days away?

My fear is Roland being Roland, a boring old tosser who cannot agree to reasonable offers and approaches and decides to drain everyone's time by purposely being so slow and careful with it.

It's like getting dragged around a supermarket with someone that takes 45mins deciding exactly what brand of butter they want to buy and excessively consider all of the deals available.

They then think... nah f*ck this, let's look at the butter available in a different shop...which ends up costing them more money on travel to get there. Agonisingly boring unnecessary needless and frustrating.

In the end people understandably get bored and move on.

I think an official takeover confirmation will be announced around the end of march.

Just a hunch

based on....nothing.
  • Options

Their debts are over £100M and they are losing £25M per year and heading for League One. He won't get an offer until he eats half the debt. Also has players on PL contracts killing their wage bill. I think they are in administration within 36 months.
    Their debt was 136m in their latest accounts but they're from 18 months ago. Since then they've more than halved their wage bill, had another year of sky tv money, will have 3 years of parachute payments (about 70m) and sold Pickford, van Aanholt and Borini for about 45m. I'd guess the debt must be down to around 50-60m by now
  • Options
    I'm seriously bored with all this. When are the beach balls coming back? More fun anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm seriously bored with all this. When are the beach balls coming back? More fun anyway

You give em out, I'll throw em.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

You give em out, I'll throw em.
    You'll have to blow it up I'm afraid
  • Options

More info from Angeldust elsewhere. Without quoting the whole post, the gist is that Angeldust believes that the Aussies are still on the radar, while "nearly all" of the other interested parties have walked away over the price. His view is that the Aussies have reached some sort of agreement with RD, but it's far short of what he is looking for. As a result, his gut feeling is that RD will retain some interest in the club.

Angeldust also thinks that a timescale has been established for the deal to go through (the end of Feb or early March) but RD is still open to higher offers in the interim. Angeldust is concerned that this might not be a watertight arrangement with the Aussies, with the implication that RD might extend the deadline (that's my reading of it anyway). He ends on a more positive note that the Aussies are always looking for extra investment and could buy out RD over time.

Just thought people might find this interesting, and I know not everyone looks in "elsewhere" so might have missed it.

But RM promised RD wouldn't keep any part of the club :cold_sweat:

When asked if Roland Duchatelet would keep the ground and training ground

“I heard this thing that Roland was keeping The Valley and selling the club, no, not that I’m aware.

“To my knowledge this (the sale) would be lock, stock and barrel.

“The training ground for any buyer is quite key as well. They realise that for a club like us the academy is essential and I think Jason (Morgan, CEO of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust) is aware that the Trust is very much one of the assets which they (potential buyers) feel is linked to Charlton and can be expanded even further than it has been already.”
  • Options
    edited February 2018

More info from Angeldust elsewhere. Without quoting the whole post, the gist is that Angeldust believes that the Aussies are still on the radar, while "nearly all" of the other interested parties have walked away over the price. His view is that the Aussies have reached some sort of agreement with RD, but it's far short of what he is looking for. As a result, his gut feeling is that RD will retain some interest in the club.

Angeldust also thinks that a timescale has been established for the deal to go through (the end of Feb or early March) but RD is still open to higher offers in the interim. Angeldust is concerned that this might not be a watertight arrangement with the Aussies, with the implication that RD might extend the deadline (that's my reading of it anyway). He ends on a more positive note that the Aussies are always looking for extra investment and could buy out RD over time.

Just thought people might find this interesting, and I know not everyone looks in "elsewhere" so might have missed it.

So this would suggest that the interested Australian party are the ‘original’ consortium, which does not include Andrew Muir?
    That being the case, I find it hugely disappointing as they appear not to have the necessary funding, whereas Muir clearly does, and from the ‘get go’ into the bargain.
    Has he also walked (over the asking price), I wonder?
    If so, it’s a huge blow IMHO.
  • Options

Scoham said:

“I heard this thing that Roland was keeping The Valley and selling the club, no, not that I’m aware.

“The training ground for any buyer is quite key as well. They realise that for a club like us the academy is essential and I think Jason (Morgan, CEO of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust) is aware that the Trust is very much one of the assets which they (potential buyers) feel is linked to Charlton and can be expanded even further than it has been already.”
    I’d take anything Murray says with a pinch of salt.
    And what about angel dust?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

So this would suggest that the interested Australian party are the ‘original’ consortium, which does not include Andrew Muir?
    That being the case, I find it hugely disappointing as they appear not to have the necessary funding, whereas Muir clearly does, and from the ‘get go’ into the bargain.
    Not necessarily true in my opinion.

Andrew Muir or any interested party will not want to pay RD's over-the-odds asking price. Perhaps Muir's party are the only group that have entertained the idea of Roland keeping a small interest in the club going forward with the intention of paying him off one way or another further down the line.

No idea and I'm just guessing here really but I think that's a safer guess than assuming we're back to the original AFC bid.
  • Options

Not necessarily true in my opinion.

Andrew Muir or any interested party will not want to pay RD's over-the-odds asking price. Perhaps Muir's party are the only group that have entertained the idea of Roland keeping a small interest in the club going forward with the intention of paying him off one way or another further down the line.

No idea and I'm just guessing here really but I think that's a safer guess than assuming we're back to the original AFC bid.
    Interesting take Callum.
    I sincerely hope you’re right.
    Yet another intriguing twist in this never ending saga!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have come full circle

It’s time to just chill

Me me me look at me I’m right
  • Options
    Angledust’s comment :

have received some information that sheds a little more light on proceedings.
    As I informed in previous correspondence no period of exclusivity has been requested by any of the interested parties.I could not understand for that matter why the Australian party were, and still are on the radar?
    Nearly all of the other interested parties have made enquiries and upon reaching the point of price have walked away understandably.

It appears the Australian party have reached some sort of an agreement with the entrenched owner. Their offer is far short of what he is ideally looking for by all accounts. Now I'm not sure if that is a much lower offer for all assets or an offer for part of them, with Duchatelet retaining some interest. My gut feel suggests the latter.

Now this is where it gets unusual in terms of most business transactions I've been involved in. A timescale has been set for the conclusion of this deal. I believe this is at the very end of February or early March and this was struck up well over two months ago. Part of this agreement allows the current owner to pursue other investment. And if such an offer arises that meets the owners demands a deal can be struck with the new party leaving the Australians out in the cold.

Fairly unusual I think you'll agree. I understand the Australians are fairly confident of getting this over the line.
    My only concern would be, looking from their side is as to how water tight this agreement with the owner is?

In terms of Duchatelet keeping assets this is a worry. However the Australians are looking for and welcoming new investment all of the time. If they can get a deal over the line and make a good early fist of things once they are in, there's a very good chance that they would be able to buy Duchatelet out in time.

The part about looking for and welcoming new investment links with what @Airman Brown said about them being in the city
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

I don’t really know who he is, other than he posts on ITTV.... so.....
    Reminds me of when I was in the Valley Cafe and saw former chess Grand Master, Gary Kasparov in there. When I asked him to pass the salt, it took him half hour
    After he retired from Chess he drove a cab, he was asked to drive a royal to Westminster Abbey.

Took him ages to get the Queen past the Bishop
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Reminds me of when I was in the Valley Cafe and saw former chess Grand Master, Gary Kasparov in there. When I asked him to pass the salt, it took him half hour
    I try to treat all my celebrity sightings confidential
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

I try to treat all my celebrity sightings confidential
    Yes indeed I heard he had quite a checkered career after his chess days.
    Mind you, of course, he was pretty set in his ways, everything was very much black or white to him..

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Angledust’s comment :

have received some information that sheds a little more light on proceedings.
    As I informed in previous correspondence no period of exclusivity has been requested by any of the interested parties.I could not understand for that matter why the Australian party were, and still are on the radar?
    Nearly all of the other interested parties have made enquiries and upon reaching the point of price have walked away understandably.

It appears the Australian party have reached some sort of an agreement with the entrenched owner. Their offer is far short of what he is ideally looking for by all accounts. Now I'm not sure if that is a much lower offer for all assets or an offer for part of them, with Duchatelet retaining some interest. My gut feel suggests the latter.

Now this is where it gets unusual in terms of most business transactions I've been involved in. A timescale has been set for the conclusion of this deal. I believe this is at the very end of February or early March and this was struck up well over two months ago. Part of this agreement allows the current owner to pursue other investment. And if such an offer arises that meets the owners demands a deal can be struck with the new party leaving the Australians out in the cold.

Fairly unusual I think you'll agree. I understand the Australians are fairly confident of getting this over the line.
    My only concern would be, looking from their side is as to how water tight this agreement with the owner is?

In terms of Duchatelet keeping assets this is a worry. However the Australians are looking for and welcoming new investment all of the time. If they can get a deal over the line and make a good early fist of things once they are in, there's a very good chance that they would be able to buy Duchatelet out in time.

The part about looking for and welcoming new investment links with what @Airman Brown said about them being in the city

Also ties in with "done deal but no finalised" and with February being Duchatelet's deadline hence it being mentioned by Murray.

It also fits in with the "leaving the deal on the table" speculation re: the aussie.

But Angeldust is also speculating and hasn't always been correct in the past.

WIOTOS.
  • Options
    Just seen a robin. It's a sign.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!