Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Close Encounter with Meire (QandA Royal Greenwich Suite)

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:

...It's surprising and unwise she is even attempting these fans meetings especially when it's too late and it's going to be Impossible to change people's opinion.

It's human nature to not want to give in and admit your wrong, especially when you have been offended along with perhaps a bruised self opinion...

...Doing the right thing will benefit her a lot further down the road...

I think you make a lot of good points there, Dave. It must actually be putting a hell of a strain on her, pretending (to herself) that she's up to spec, when all the evidence shows otherwise. Better to end it now Katy. Put yourself out of this misery, admit that football and business are not for you and find yourself a job that you're suited to.
  • Options
    Has there been any form of signed petition demanding her resignation/removal handed over to Roland?

Wonder how many signatures that would reach?
  • Options
    It's ok saying that you have learned from your mistakes but when you keep making the same error time after time then it's a different matter.

The problem is, is that she is incapable of doing actually anything, let alone anything of note.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Dave2l said:

...It's surprising and unwise she is even attempting these fans meetings especially when it's too late and it's going to be Impossible to change people's opinion.

It's human nature to not want to give in and admit your wrong, especially when you have been offended along with perhaps a bruised self opinion...

I think you make a lot of good points there, Dave. It must actually be putting a hell of a strain on her, pretending (to herself) that she's up to spec, when all the evidence shows otherwise. Better to end it now Katy. Put yourself out of this misery, admit that football and business are not for you and find yourself a job that you're suited to.
    We need a cleaner at work.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    She might have deflected the questions easily enough, but can you imagine the humiliation? If someone told me, in public, that I had failed in my job, and the best I had was 'That's your opinion' I would probably go home, stare into a fire for a bit then go for a long walk with a bottle of scotch and a revolver.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

She might have deflected the questions easily enough, but can you imagine the humiliation? If someone told me, in public, that I had failed in my job, and the best I had was 'That's your opinion' I would probably go home, stare into a fire for a bit then go for a long walk with a bottle of scotch and a revolver.

We are only Domme Mensen, so we mean nothing to her.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

I doubt it though. Surely even she's not so deluded that she can't see the evidence of her failure.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

I doubt it though. Surely even she's not so deluded that she can't see the evidence of her failure.
    The squirrel has no shame.

She should have walked out and never returned once the Liar bedsheet appeared at the Burnley game.

Mel Baroni has principles and self respect, something squirrel face is sadly lacking.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

Her arrogance and self-belief has no limit ...plus Uncle Roly will never sack her so she is not accountable to anyone.

No one criticises her internally leading her to believe she is just a victim of circumstance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

Her arrogance and self-belief has no limit ...plus Uncle Roly will never sack her so she is not accountable to anyone.

No one criticises her internally leading her to believe she is just a victim of circumstance.
    But she must lie awake in bed and wonder about the amazing coincidence of Charlton completely going to shit since she turned up.
    I would love to think she does but very much doubt it.

She has a job she has no background for nor no aptitude to fulfil it.

I would imagine she celebrates her luck and has no problem sleeping.

Uncle Roly has given his 'niece' her first step in business and will never move her on.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Meire: Incompetent at her job, incompetent at answering a simple question. "Well, that's your opinion"; what a childish manner in which to answer. I'm surprised she didn't follow it up with 'Ner nicky ner ner' sticking out her tongue and waggling her hands behind her ears. Not only is she still clueless as to how football clubs run (despite three years of wrecking one), but she is incapable of coming up with an adult answer to a simple question. It beggars belief that she is still here.

We've seen/heard her say this and things very similar before. It's come across as somewhat smug and arrogant, but I think some of it is also down to a limitation of linguistic capabilities--that's not a dig, for all of the things you can level at her, she is fluent in three languages and some days I struggle with one (still can't spell bureaucracy on my own), it's just an observation (spelled that wrong on the first attempt, too).

@Airman Brown to your point earlier about someone needing to always ask her why she's still her, what is the end goal of that? This is not a dig, it's a genuine question. I kind of feel like we're at an impasse, and while it's pretty clear the club is for sale, I don't really know what we get out of these smaller exchanges. This is likely down to my lack of imagination.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

When bold as day evidence is stacked against you, suggesting, overall you have been rubbish, in terms of whether or not you have been good at your job.

More to the point, her direct association with how bad things have got since Roland took over.

It's surprising and unwise she is even attempting these fans meetings especially when it's too late and it's going to be Impossible to change people's opinion.

It's human nature to not want to give in and admit your wrong, especially when you have been offended along with perhaps a bruised self opinion. (Charlton fans moaning at her)

The only reasonable thing she can do is to hold official "fans apology meetings", Where instead of deflecting, twisting or putting very obvious unrealistic spins on things that everyone laughs at.
    She says sorry for every major blunder, but ......soon as she honestly openly apologises for one thing, then it's going to move on to the next thing then the next thing, until all her defences are down and it gets embarrassing for herself. She's made too many evident mistakes she can't run away from.

When in a job. How can you possibly admit your not good enough for it? Where does that leave you?

Her stubbornness is necessary for her own well being, but it's a ticking time bomb she will have to give into sooner rather then later.

Doing the right thing will benefit her a lot further down the road.

Apologise. Drop the association with Roland. Say you got it wrong but you have learnt greatly from the experience due to your age.
    Explain the regrets but of course don't dis credit yourself too much. Even if evidence does that itself.

She's scared that as soon as she admits defeat, even though in this case she hasn't got a leg to stand on. She's scared that no future employer will take her seriously enough and that's the big money career out the window.

She has to keep that self belief.

We've all seen the Apprentice when that Suger fella decides to not fire the worst person at the task, because they majorly stick up for themselves and give it all mouth in the boardroom till the death.....Even if they were shit.

Simple analogy. Pretty relevant.

All of the above. Also not forgetting the, I'm guessing, the 150 -200 k salary and the prestige of being the CEO of a famous English Club, must be other major factors in her not wanting to let go.
    I know photos can be misleading, but in those posted above, she looks a pale shadow of the happy, bubbly, self confident lady who first arrived at the Valley. She now looks miserable, stressed, and from her words, it sounds very much like she has now conceided that the end of this regime, is just around the corner, and she wants to leave with a smidgen of respect and affection, if only from Sue!
  • Options
    Is there a video of the meeting knocking about? Please tell me someone recorded it on their phone!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

But she must lie awake in bed and wonder about the amazing coincidence of Charlton completely going to shit since she turned up.
    She has no trouble sleeping, she's from the same school as 90% of politicians. Success is measured in £££ in the bank and profile, nothing else matters. And to make sure it stays that way, they surround themselves with sycophants and people who are exactly like they are.
  • Options
    If I was in a well paid job, why would I resign even if lots of people thought I was useless at it?

None of us would resign in such circumstances unless we'd found something better. IF the club gets taken over, then she'll be removed by the new owners with a nice payoff, or found another job within Roland's empire; either way from her point of view it make sense to stay put, especially as it's clear that RD isn't unhappy with her.

• Options
    She wont leave if RD thinks shes doing a good job and shes on a huge wage, that shes unlikely to get elsewhere quickly if she did lose her job. Its pretty simple really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    CAFCTrev said:

Is there a video of the meeting knocking about? Please tell me someone recorded it on their phone!

No. Someone started to record, were spotted and asked not to.

As I've said elsewhere, Meire was less bullish and more accepting of failures, than I've ever seen before. I've attended about 4 previous meetings with her.
  • Options

If I was in a well paid job, why would I resign even if lots of people thought I was useless at it?

None of us would resign in such circumstances unless we'd found something better. IF the club gets taken over, then she'll be removed by the new owners with a nice payoff, or found another job within Roland's empire; either way from her point of view it make sense to stay put, especially as it's clear that RD isn't unhappy with her.

She doesn't appear to be employed by the football club, in which case it's hard to see why she'd be paid off by new owners.
    In which case she'll presumably continue to be employed by one of Roland's other companies, unless RD makes her redundant

Either way, there's no incentive for her to jump now
  • Options
    edited April 2017

She doesn't appear to be employed by the football club, in which case it's hard to see why she'd be paid off by new owners.
    In which case she'll presumably continue to be employed by one of Roland's other companies, unless RD makes her redundant

Either way, there's no incentive for her to jump now
    Ironically, the worse someone does a job the less likely they are to volunteer to leave. If she goes to Roland and asks to be moved to something else it could well end badly for her. If she hangs on then when it becomes convenient for him, she may well be 'given' a new position. It is quite possible that she will be moved from one high paying job, she is incapable of doing properly, to another one for most of her career. Whatever it is that Roland sees in her it is likely that he doesn’t blame her for our fall down the league.

What sane person would volunteer to give up a millionaire lifestyle to appease disgruntled football fans? Especially when the employer blames the football fans for the failures?

As much as the fans are convinced that it is all KM and RD's fault, KM and RD are convinced that it isn't. If she rides this out she can probably rely on him to continue to pay her, what most of us can only dream about, for many years to come.

And all this fails to consider that she might have, actually, learned something that will make her able to do a job like this in the future. It also fails to acknowledge that it is very common for a failed CEO to walk straight into another job when he/she is dismissed.

In fact, the least surprising thing about any of their time with us , from my perspective, is that she is refusing to accept that she is incompetent or to step down.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    It did strike me, incidentally, that there was a hint of her imagination that she'd still be in post regardless of who the owners would be next year. I suspect she will be in for a rude awakening if a takeover succeeds.
  • Options

Stig said:

Dave2l said:

Who in their right senses would employ KM as one?

• Options

Stig said:

Dave2l said:

She'd come in late most days, not come in at all a for few more, and swan off with her mates at short notice for a holiday. When you tell her the bins were not emptied again and the carpet still hasn't been vacuumed you'll get told she has learnt from her mistakes and wait for improvements in the summer.
    I'd go for another candidate.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Stig said:

Dave2l said:

She'd come in late most days, not come in at all a for few more, and swan off with her mates at short notice for a holiday. When you tell her the bins were not emptied again and the carpet still hasn't been vacuumed you'll get told she has learnt from her mistakes and wait for improvements in the summer.
    I'd go for another candidate.
    And if she talked while on the job she'd leave a trail of bullshit behind her on the freshly cleaned floors.