Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message for Tom Rubashow.

Tom, I presume you monitor this website. Don't worry I am not going to abuse you but give an opinion or two.

I understand a mega new website is hoving into view, and Alan Curbishley is being paid to be part of the launch.

I also understand that the new website is supposed to solve all of Charltons problems. It is in fact the only idea in town.

The new website will supposedly get supporters back to the Valley, the participants can behave like mini Thomas Driesens, the website will win matches and points for us, and all the sponsorship and advertising the new website generates will pay off the debt to staprix.

May I suggest that to depend on a website, a website no less, to solve the problems at Charlton Athletic is going to be a bit of a big ask for you? The real work would be actual human beings physically getting into our community, to our schools and institutions. Not to assume that's what CACT do, because that isn't their role, to do community work with a naked ulterior motive, it is your role Tom and any staff you can muster. The hard yards of contacts, follow ups, liaison with school staff, visits, ticket distribution again and again and again is the way to build support. I am afraid a website might look like good window dressing, and attract corporate sponsors (maybe) which is the glam side of things, but there is also a roll your sleeves up aspect to building support.

I also understand that the only strategy for improvement at Charlton Athletic is a website. May I ask what you intend to do for those not on the internet, or those who don't care to tweet on their facebooks? Do you see those as either too young and their tech savvy parents will do whatever for them, or too old to be online and anyway the old ones will die off soon enough?
Might I caution you that a new website, launched by Alan Curbishley or not, is essentially irrelevant flim flam, and time devoted to getting it, what's the phrase, up and running, is time wasted?

I also have heard that 'phase two' of the Sparrows Lane development starts in the summer. Which phase two is that? The phase two that was signalled to be finished 18 months ago, the phase two that started in October, or the phase two that started in January?

As the communications spin mastermind, would you clear these things up, or would you prefer to deal with supporter concern on an individual case by case basis?

Comments

• Options
    As Tom said today, there are lots of positive things about the club, although he missed out this one too.
  • Options

WTF?

WTF,
    Surely Alan Curbisley is not that nieve?
  • Options
    People who attended the pre-match meeting might know a lot more about this than me.
  • Options
    I give up
  • Options
    Sorry that wasn't a deliberate attempt to be awkward. What Tom said was little more than bugger all when asked what are the positives things that have happened at the club since Roland arrived at the club. No mention of website whatsoever.
    He did however say there were plenty of positives about the club.
  • Options
    Are we sure it's going to be our website? Is it home grown or has it been signed from elsewhere in the network? If so, what language is it in?
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

Are we sure it's going to be our website? Is it home grown or has it been signed from elsewhere in the network? If so, what language is it in?

As with all things, you need to wait for the answer to those questions on the OS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just getting surreal now.
  • Options
    What the HELL is going on?
  • Options
    Will we be able to watch last seasons highlights in HD?
  • Options
    How do you spin this one Tom? Gashing yet more of Roland's money on pointless shite. Put your crayons away and get them to spend the money on bringing Yann Kermorgant back for his final season. THAT would be a PR win.
  • Options
    Generally a hired PR agency will have nothing to do with the website or even be that web literate. Carry on
  • Options
    I'm absolutely lost Seth to be honest.

Are you saying from the VG meeting earlier today a whole heap of 'au revoir' was delivered but the fight back was hold fire, 'bonjour' we've a brand new website via ITRM being delivered?
  • Options
    The ten year deal for the generic EFI site runs out this summer.

The club is planning to bring the website I. House which if you're head if comms is a big deal.

The site should be a lot better, more flexible and more specific to CAFC.

So for example the comms team borrowed all the museum's old videos and DVD so that they have a library of clips available.

Not actually heard what Rubashow has said other than CharltonKeston saying it was nothing like what is being claimed.

Hence the request for some facts.
  • Options
    Thanks, some clarity at last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My head hurts.
  • Options

Yep. The answer as to what improvements were on the horizon, to try and restore the club, was a new website coming soon.

Just when I was starting to give up hope, the club throw me a lifeline!! FFS
  • Options

I'm absolutely lost Seth to be honest.

Are you saying from the VG meeting earlier today a whole heap of 'au revoir' was delivered but the fight back was hold fire, 'bonjour' we've a brand new website via ITRM being delivered?

There was another pre match meeting as well as Valley Gold.
  • Options
    OOps
    Just seen MrLargo's post.
  • Options
    I'm even more confused. So KM was in 2 meetings? Is this to double the damage?