Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Southend 2017 post match views

124»

Comments

• well survive till next season but if there still here will be more of the same, of course i always want us to win, but don't want to relegate coventry on friday it certainly is more about what possibly could be one of the bigger protests yet.
  • I was at the Scunthorpe v Bolton game .. two very good teams having a right good scrap in the sunshine .. we took four points from both of these teams this season ... small comfort though if both are promoted
  • I was at the Scunthorpe v Bolton game .. two very good teams having a right good scrap in the sunshine .. we took four points from both of these teams this season ... small comfort though if both are promoted

we always do well against the top teams & lose to the bottom ones...............just hope that doesn't continue over the next 4 games as we might not pick up another point.
  • Couldn't believe how bad Southend were considering where they are in the league.
  • Rudd: couple of decent saves
    Solly: back to something like his former self
    Bauer: not as fallible as recently
    Pearce: better than Tuesday but partly responsible for shrimpers' goal
    DaSilva: singled out again by the visitors for his lack of height and with no cover in front, acquitted himself well
    Crofts: adequate defensive performance but his passing is woeful
    Konsa: given a role for which he has almost no tools or experience but exerted himself not at all, only KR could keep him on that long doing absolutely nothing
    Ulvestad: decent and energetic
    Byrne: typical loan player performance avoiding injury and serious exertion wherever possible
    Magennis: looks absolutely shattered and given a thankless task with no support, gave it everything he has left, admirable
    Holmes: ran himself into the ground and what appeared to be a glute/hamstring injury, KR doesn't deserve players like RH

Forster-Caskey: immediate impact replacing the inert Konsa but anything less would have been impossible, only credit he gets for the goal is being there to distract the shrimper
    Texeira demonstrated in a few minutes the benefit of having someone equipped for the role he's given - a concept still alien to the fat scouse gobshite

Phil Brown and Southend must still be incandescent and bewildered in equal measure how they got nothing from the game against such piss poor opposition. The missing Wordsworth and Ranger must be superhuman to have hauled such a limp unimaginative rabble to the heights of 6th. KR's latest attempt to outdo Fraeye in the "I have no idea what I'm doing and care even less" stakes presented the Shrimpers with an open goal which they wholeheartedly spurned. Bizarre.
  • GRAY9 said:

Couldn't believe how bad Southend were considering where they are in the league.

Agree but as someone said missing Ranger and Wordsworth
  • My daughter is claiming the win was her doing. She was mascot and walked out with Ricky Holmes. Apparently her chat with him was why he scored so early. A hugely enjoyable day for her and my brother and I. Don't tell anybody but Charlton still do some things really well.

nice occasion for the young lady .. I am sure that she soothed Ricky's fevered brow as well as thoroughly enjoying her day with the team ((:>)