Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Southend 2017 post match views

Comments

• Options

Better than Tuesday but not sure it was really possible to be worse.

Tarbuck still playing stupid formations and we are still huff and puff and very little else.

Sad indicment that we have players embracing and tub thumping at the end of a game in which a win has more or less kept us in fucking league 1.

What was the formation?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Better than Tuesday but not sure it was really possible to be worse.

Tarbuck still playing stupid formations and we are still huff and puff and very little else.

Sad indicment that we have players embracing and tub thumping at the end of a game in which a win has more or less kept us in fucking league 1.

What was the formation?
    He started 4-3-2-1, went to a diamond and ended up 4-1-4-1. FFS just play 4-4-2!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    _MrDick said:

Posting without going... pleased that we won

Out of interest, was it just a PWG or did you go the whole hog and do a PWR as well?
  • Options
    I thought it was a poor game. Southend we're poor. Glad we won, we probably deserved it over 90mins.

Result should see us safe (I think).
  • Options
    It wasn't until after the match I realised how much the sun had sapped my energy just sitting and watching the game so fair play to both teams for running around for 90 minutes. They both looked crap but at least they made the effort. Southend better hope the temperature drops again if they do get to the play offs.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    cabbles said:

I thought it was a poor game. Southend we're poor. Glad we won, we probably deserved it over 90mins.

Result should see us safe (I think).

I thought it was a decent game! Quite open, the stats are misleading as Southend were poor and deserved nothing, none of their fans at the station I heard thought they deserved anything out of the game. Most of their shots were either off target or easy saves other than the free kick and the one on one which Rudd did well for.

No idea how we didn't score from the goalmouth scramble, and if Magennis had kept onside (which he continually failed to do) he would have had a tap in.

Solly was excellent, both in his defending, but also in his calm, accurate passing down the line instead of either hoofing it or getting caught on the ball which others were guilty off
  • Options
    So much relief at the end we so needed it. Much better all round than Tuesday all round. Solly's defending top class after being rubbish then, probably rusty. Still need a couple more points but interestingly our last 4 games could end up as the 4 that go down!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Only worry is how badly injured is Holmes, we cannot afford to be without him for the last 4 games

Freddie S says it was cramp?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was telling the players who looked happy with that win a most likely avoiding relegation and who Robinson spoke with hugging after.
  • Options
    Well done lads - we needed that.
  • Options
    Had planned to go but an arthritic flare up overnight scuppered that.

If my absence helped the team I'll take it.
  • Options
    Spent 10 minutes talking to killer so a good day for me
  • Options
    Survived a season in League 1. Whoop di do.
  • Options
    Much better performance than Tuesday

Expected more from Southend to be honest, thought their fans were top class.

Spine of the side all needs to be replaced for next season, but hopefully that will now be in league one
  • Options
    Nicked a tight, poor ish game....good...about time.

All back four, goalie plus Crofts did well. The others did ok apart from Konsa who twice went 15 mins without touching the ball in the first half. Shame because when he did touch it, he was quite good. Young, learning etc so not a problem.

Solly the pick defensively. Crofts should play every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As has been said, much better performance with a lot more effort expended, deserved 3 points.
  • Options
    Any sign of the gruesome foursome?
  • Options
    well i thought it was a good game and quite entertaining . great to see solly back to his best, i was beginning to question whether he'd lost it for good. best game crofts has played for a while too. same for rudd. Bauer still worries me and the game seemed to pass by konsa.
    as a team they performed together, so much better than tuesday when they looked like strangers to one another
  • Options

Survived a season in League 1. Whoop di do.

Exactly
  • Options
    Good result.

Poor in the first half, if they were decent they would have seen us off, their goal was almost laughably bad defending but the second half we looked like a team with vision and purpose which I haven't seen all season. Plus Nouble missed a sitter at the end.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Nicked a tight, poor ish game....good...about time.

All back four, goalie plus Crofts did well. The others did ok apart from Konsa who twice went 15 mins without touching the ball in the first half. Shame because when he did touch it, he was quite good. Young, learning etc so not a problem.

Solly the pick defensively. Crofts should play every game.

Crofts has put in too many poor performances to be an automatic selection I reckon.
    Too many mediocre players which is why we are where we are. No consistency. We play well in around one in five matches, which'll get you nowhere near the playoffs.
  • Options
    Today was the start of Charlton's charge that League One has been waiting for...