Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Agents Fees Feb 2016 - Jan 2017

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Well, I guess that is about right. What's our player wages? 12 mil? So 600k is about 5%. That's about what it is in sports over here.

Bet it gets worse in the PL. I hear Pogba's agent got 20 mil of the transfer fee?
  • Options
    Of course it is worth it. You have to speculate to accumulate such a huge crock of shite.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Could some of these fees have been paid to agents of players who have moved on ?

More than likely
    So we have spent probably somewhere in the region of five per cent of the fees we've received, on agents' fees.

I know the rag-bag shower of shit that runs Charlton at the moment are an unequalled festering pile of incompetence, but ponying up five per cent of their sales revenue in commission fees is a long, long way from being the worst thing they've ever done.

In some ways, it's a good thing they've spunked it on agents. Imagine the harm they could have done if they'd chosen more players to sign with that money.
    Maybe a complete misunderstanding on my part but I thought that buying clubs paid agents' fees?
  • Options
    That's some serious money on some seriously average players
  • Options

Chizz said:

Could some of these fees have been paid to agents of players who have moved on ?

More than likely
    So we have spent probably somewhere in the region of five per cent of the fees we've received, on agents' fees.

I know the rag-bag shower of shit that runs Charlton at the moment are an unequalled festering pile of incompetence, but ponying up five per cent of their sales revenue in commission fees is a long, long way from being the worst thing they've ever done.

In some ways, it's a good thing they've spunked it on agents. Imagine the harm they could have done if they'd chosen more players to sign with that money.
    Maybe a complete misunderstanding on my part but I thought that buying clubs paid agents' fees?
    They take a chunk out of everyone - it's fucking nonsense, beats me why the clubs put up with it. If you are an actor or an author or suchlike, the agent works for you, and you and you alone pay them. The theatre or the publishing house don't weigh out.
  • Options
    I mean, you didn't think we had an extensive scouting network, did you? How else would we find players?

I imagine some of the January signings last season, namely Motta and Fanni, would have had large agent's fees. Possibly true of RoJo as well given they were all free/in footballing wilderness.
  • Options
    WSS said:

The good old days

That was before desperation took over
  • Options
    There was a moment during the last game of last season against Burnley. When a the whole stadium rose to sing "Katrien Miere, she ain't got a clue". Couldn't be more correct.

I wonder who would start a chant like that! :p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There was a moment during the last game of last season against Burnley. When a the whole stadium rose to sing "Katrien Miere, she ain't got a clue". Couldn't be more correct.

I wonder who would start a chant like that! :p

I'm guessing the agents won't! ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Just when you think things couldn't be funnier this comes out. Because women are better at tightening the purse strings said Roly. Didn't mention the purse strings were wrapped tightly around his bollocks.....