Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESSEX CCC - 2017 season

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Wow! Not following on as Worcs batted first... Hope we get a open top bus through the streets of Chelmsford haha

Doh! That's what happens when following the Essex lancs and Kent games.
  • Options
    Don't worry. I didn't even get the name of the county right
  • Options
    84-8 now.
    And Lancashire now 2 down and still 58 behind.
    Champagne on ice.
  • Options
    you know Lancs will eke out a 120 lead and Somerset will capitulate....
  • Options
    Lancs 4 down & 31 behind.
  • Options
    to confirm :

This victory takes Essex to 209 points.

Even if Lancashire win, they will go to just 169 points.

That would leave them 40 points behind Essex with 48 available from the two remaining matches.

If Lancashire draw against Somerset their maximum total would be 206 and title will be Essex's, a Somerset win would of course also confirm that.
  • Options
    Well done (humph!)
  • Options
    Will be Kent in 2019....
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Champioooooons
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So after the champions had to follow on, they set Hampshire 185 to win.
    They are now 25-5.
  • Options
    76 all out.
  • Options
    EEEagles.
  • Options
    Bless my buttons. I didn't even bother following this one. Even when we give teams a head start we whoop them
  • Options
    Well done Jamie Porter.

In the PCA team of the year.
    Winner of PCA Young Player of the year
    Winner of the Natwest PCA County Championship player of the year.
  • Options
    Legend.
  • Options
    In other news I see Essex might be in for Matt Coles. Decent player. Nice to see we might be a buying club for once.
  • Options
    Boozy waste of space who hits a long ball. Not a signing any team should make unless they have a good hypnotherapist on the staff
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Boozy waste of space who hits a long ball. Not a signing any team should make unless they have a good hypnotherapist on the staff

We got a decent season out of Jesse ryder who was a tidy bowler for us. Could do without too much disruption to a decent dressing room where we got a couple of ex Essex back. We haven't got a lot of money though, and some of our players like foster, ten doeschate, even cook and bopara are still good but getting on. Coles is 27?
  • Options
    See Jamie porter has a stress fracture in his back and will miss the lions tour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

See Jamie porter has a stress fracture in his back and will miss the lions tour.

Gutted for him. Would have been a great experience.

I'm not sure exactly of the situation with Porter, but I do think we have a problem in this country of over bowling young quick bowlers. The rumours on the Surrey circuit (Alec Stewart to some members who I know) are that the reason neither of the Currans have been picked for the lions this winter is the sheer number of overs they have bowled in the last 2 seasons. For lads who are still growing it's dangerous for them. Both of them are bowling nearly 10mph slower than a year and a half/ 2 yrs ago. And with much fewer quicker balls thrown in.
  • Options

That's a real shame.
  • Options
    Hope Jamie makes a speedy recovery. He's already proven that he has the ability to come back from adversity and I'm sure he will do so again.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Have known for a while but was not allowed to say.

He goes up to Loughborough at end of the month with the England PACE team to be monitored and train with them, but is confident all will be sorted for the Lions Windies tour.

Interesting point from Canters there about the Currans. Jamie has not got their express pace so maybe they do need the rest.
  • Options
    Hope he makes a full recovery. Is it an injury that normally gets better with rest? I know that Mills and Topley had big problems with their backs as well. I wonder what can be done to avoid it?
  • Options
    I think it is just a period of rest needed. They reckon no long term damage and should just heal fine.
  • Options
    Silverwood leaving to go to England as fast bowling coach. Presumably Anthony McGrath will be his replacement.
  • Options
    Porter named as one of the Wisden five this year, fully deserved.
  • Options
    Very proud of him.

think it will be a tough season this year though.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Very proud of him.

think it will be a tough season this year though.

Agree. Porter and Harmer will be known quantities, and Cook, Bopara, Tendon and Foster are all getting on. Essex are bookie's favourite, but it certainly isn't going to be last year's romp.

Think Siddle will be important for the first half of the season.