Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESSEX CCC - 2017 season

Comments

• Options

Surrey fans take a lot of stick know here and regularly get called Palarse fans. There is however I only one team that chant 'Eagles Eagles' during there matches.

From here on anyone who contributes to this thread is a Nigel! ;)

At least we aren't called the brown noses. That's right. I called you the brown noses.

What you gonna do about it?

Signed, the Essex Ultra.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Surrey fans take a lot of stick know here and regularly get called Palarse fans. There is however I only one team that chant 'Eagles Eagles' during there matches.

At least we aren't called the brown noses. That's right. I called you the brown noses.

Signed, the Essex Ultra.
    I dunno who we're brown nosing?

Certainly not the ECB as we're the only county with the bollocks to stand up to them and their bullshit idea...
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

MrOneLung said:

Another unlikely loss avoidance!!!
    Middlesex must be regretting going back into bat.

Sounded like a dead wicket the first two days and a couple of dodgy decisions against the Essex batsmen too.
    Hopefully Jamie will get bit more luck with the ball when championship games recommence.

He's a very good bowler
    Btw, what does he think about bowling with Mohammed Amir later this season?
    I think the general feeling is that he was a kid who was taken advantage of.

My feeling is different though.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Signed, the Essex Ultra.

Certainly not the ECB as we're the only county with the bollocks to stand up to them and their bullshit idea...
    Actually, Essex didn't agree with the city-based T20 competition either if that's what you meant.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

McBobbin said:

MrOneLung said:

Another unlikely loss avoidance!!!
    Middlesex must be regretting going back into bat.

Sounded like a dead wicket the first two days and a couple of dodgy decisions against the Essex batsmen too.
    Hopefully Jamie will get bit more luck with the ball when championship games recommence.

He's a very good bowler
    Btw, what does he think about bowling with Mohammed Amir later this season?
    I think the general feeling is that he was a kid who was taken advantage of.

My feeling is different though.
    Thanks. I think there's an element of that. Probably doesn't help that we had a similar issue with Danish Kaneria and Mervyn Westfield. Quite a few people were unhappy with the Amir signing. I'm willing to give him a chance, and he's a decent bowler. I just don't like cheats is all.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Signed, the Essex Ultra.

Actually, Essex didn't agree with the city-based T20 competition either if that's what you meant.
    But aren't set to vote against it.

With Kent announcing their abstention (pointless) and Sussex losing their bottle Surrey are thought to be last man standing.

I'd be delighted if Essex joined us.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Signed, the Essex Ultra.

But aren't set to vote against it.

With Kent announcing their abstention (pointless) and Sussex losing their bottle Surrey are thought to be last man standing.

I'd be delighted if Essex joined us.
    Well I guess I need to say well done to Essex for voting against the changes. More shame on Surrey that they spent so long opposing the changes and persuading other counties to vote against only to lose their bottle and vote for them. I'm pissed off at the surrey stance (not that it would have made a difference but its right to take a stand) but well done Essex!
  • Options
    I knew they were going to vote against it... nice to know they actually did!
  • Options
    Slurrey 94/4 at 28 overs after having their top order rattled. Pleasing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:

People's obsession with Surrey on here is like Gillingham fans obsession with turning Charlton into a derby game. Unique.

Don't you worry about us. We have plenty of batting to come and the man on form Foakes is going well as is Borthwick.

We will win this game. Mark my words.
  • Options
    The pitch is deteriorating with every ball according to the commentators.

Expect Jade and Sam to ruin your top order then the spin of Batty/Borthwick/Sibley to tear you a new one.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

People's obsession with Surrey on here is like Gillingham fans obsession with turning Charlton into a derby game. Unique.

Don't you worry about us. We have plenty of batting to come and the man on form Foakes is going well as is Borthwick.

Haha. I have no particular loathing of Surrey, other than they are playing Essex. I begrudge them their money, but enjoy watching them play. Foakes is quality - wish we cold have kept him! Essex's batting is inconsistent, so I'm enjoying it while I can!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Haha. I have no particular loathing of Surrey, other than they are playing Essex. I begrudge them their money, but enjoy watching them play. Foakes is quality - wish we cold have kept him! Essex's batting is inconsistent, so I'm enjoying it while I can!
    It's more the Kent fans who are obsessed. Explains the Gillingham analogy!
  • Options
    Sounds like anything above 200 is a decent score on this track.
  • Options
    Surrey will hope Foakes can turn it on for the last three overs. If 200+ is par, Essex will make it close
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Surrey will hope Foakes can turn it on for the last three overs. If 200+ is par, Essex will make it close

All out for 210. Game on I think.
  • Options
    Reckon so. Eaaaaagles

EEEEEAAAAAAAGGGGLLLLESSSSSS

Soap!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Reckon so. Eaaaaagles

EEEEEAAAAAAAGGGGLLLLESSSSSS

Soap!

Palarse scum! ;p
  • Options
    I'm not saying goes anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex are folding faster than Superman on laundry day
  • Options
    I'm still not saying anything.
  • Options
    Essex squeak a win! Exciting low scoring game. Harmer man of the match for Essex, dernbach for Surrey
  • Options
    What a great game.
    Simon Harmer was fantastic. The last six overs he virtually won the match single handed.

Come on you Eagles!

• Options
    Another fine win in the one sayers, this time against Gloucestershire. Essex put on 315, including a century from Cook, much underrated at one day cricket in my view. Gloucestershire, despite a few decent partnerships left it too late and couldn't live with the total. Bopara getting 3/35 off his 10 probably the pick of the bowlers
  • Options
    3/3 for the Essex.
  • Options
    Essex lost against Gloucestershire by one run, but today beat Sussex. Exciting match. Tons for Cook and Ten Doeschate, and three late wickets for Paul Walter in his list a debut. He's a decent player. Tall left armer with a decent slower ball, and can bat well. Hope fills a Napier sized void - time will tell. Sussex did well and could have won it to be fair
  • Options
    Middlesex 147-9 off 40.00

Porter 4-40 off 10
    Walter 4-37 off 8
  • Options
    Easy win for Essex.

Cook has been in great form.
  • Options
    Jamie did very well... Don't see a lot of him in limited overs. Good to see Foster back with three catches. Glad Walter has stepped up with Wagner paying for NZ. I don't think he's being replaced.
    Eeeasy. Essex are a very decent one day side.