Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Southend | Sat 8 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Surprise 2-1 win, holmes to score
  • Options
    2 - 0 Defeat. It's hard to believe that it's the same players that Nugent got 7 points with ,that are still playing in the same team.
  • Options
    Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Chickson
    Byrne Aribo Homes Ulvestad De Silver
    Maggenis

Cover in front of both backs with players who know how to defend. Pack midfield and not lose. Homes in a free role.
  • Options
    Very worried now. Southend play as a team to their strengths. Not sure what we will do except lose...3-0 to Southend. Dismal.
  • Options
    If they are shit we will be more shit... 0-1 to the Shrimpers.
  • Options
    Horrible feeling that we'll get thumped 4 or 5 in this one.

Just have no confidence in the manager or the team after Tuesday.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    3-0 to southend...easy saturday afternoon stroll for them.
  • Options

Surprise 2-1 win, holmes to score

If we are going to win it, Holmes and Rudd are going to be the key men!
  • Options
    0-2 is the new draw under KR.........

I'm going for our third successive 0-2
  • Options
    For goodness sake Karl; I know you listen to your wife, but when she said she likes diamonds, she did not mean as a team formation. Just try 4-4-2 and see what happens, it can't be any worse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-2 to Southend. Gillingham playing Millwall the result of that game could be significant if we lose.
  • Options

2 - 0 Defeat. It's hard to believe that it's the same players that Nugent got 7 points with ,that are still playing in the same team.

It's not. We sold Lookman for £11M and replaced him with no one of any consequence.
  • Options
    Lots of pessimism on here as per usual. 0-2 being the favourite scoreline. Might have to shorten the odds and only give 20p on £1 bet. But in all brutal fairness to these fans it seems that when we have a dodgy Tuesday home game which is immediately followed up by a home game on the immediate Saturday we struggle in that Saturday game as well. So I can see exactly and understand why they are backing us to lose again. But hopefully this game coming up we will finnally buck the trend.
  • Options
    Charlton have always surprised. 3-0 home win.
  • Options
    Thought they looked really good when we played them at their place and have some very good players in a system that works for them, so just pretty much every side in the division except us basically! They'll be desperate for a win to get back in the play off hunt after a late defeat on Tuesday' can't see us getting anything here. 3-0 S'arfend.
  • Options
    If we get 3 points from this, I think a takeover might be announced within 24 hours afterwards.

I suspect if it is still "on" that it won't be announced until it is more likely we are secure in L1.
  • Options
    Cmon u Addicks,surely can't be another week of will we or wont we stay up...but I'm sure it will surely be...that the mighty Shrimpers (groan..!!') will be heading back over the Dartford bridge with another 3 points in hand...2-1 loss...!!, & the circus continues

Fuck of Roly & just Sell The Club...!!
  • Options
    On current form we've got no chance

We tend to better against the better teams though, so maybe there's hope. Especially if someone kidnaps KR and let's someone else set the formation, even Congo Chris.
  • Options
    I remember that tuesday night 3-0 defeat. Curbs was so impressed by their goalie "who kept flying all over the place" that he went and bought him.
    It was Simon Royce.
  • Options
    Unsure how the team can play together for 90 mins after Tuesday's debacle. Too many are hiding and not making themselves available for a pass. Passes, when made, are too often behind the intended receiver which causes our attacks to slow down. When defending we are disjointed and play at odd angles; no flat back four for us! So, it's with relief that I can't be there today to witness eleven blokes jogging about in an attempt to make their manager look stupid. A job he can adequately do himself if you wave a microphone near him. I predict a riot off the field and 1-1 on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everything is falling in to place now...the analysis room is complete...the players are training at the valley...we've established our best formation and starting 11....err maybe not.

Like many I can only see another defeat...desperately hoping teams beneath us slip up as well to prevent us dropping in to L2. The season is already over for some of the players, they know they're moving on and yet another summer "rebuild" is on the cards.
  • Options

Phil Brown is more famous for being the unnamed premiership manager that got caught kex down in a brothel that time.

3-0 Addicts to Send Sarfend (kerb) crawling back to Essex.

I've always regarded Robinson as a bit of a Phil Brown 'mini-me'. In that he also spouts utter toilet and loves the sound of his own voice. I'm guessing the next stage in the transformation is the perma-tan.
  • Options
    I'm in London today. The Valley was my 3rd choice of sports venue to attend.

I'm off to Twickenham to watch Bath Leicester. I would have gone to the Oval to watch the start of the mighty Surrey's charge to the title.

Didn't even consider the valley was an option to be fair..
  • Options
    4-0 Southend - should be nice weather anyway. Fully expect us to lose every game under KR at present so I've stopped worrying.

How many changes will KR make to the team?
  • Options

I'm off to Twickenham to watch Bath Leicester. I would have gone to the Oval to watch the start of the mighty Surrey's charge to the title.

Big mistake. The inevitable 4-3 triumph from two goals down will make you wish you'd....

Oh, wait a minute....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Big mistake. The inevitable 4-3 triumph from two goals down will make you wish you'd....

Oh, wait a minute....
    You never know... however after listening to the last few games I can't see us picking up another point let alone a win.

I've stuck a £10 on us to go down. Never been this down about Charlton I'm usually overly optimistic. Never bet against my own team before
  • Options

Congo Chris appointed as interim coach by 6pm.

The one person in professional football management more inept than Gobby Knobinson.

Perfect.
  • Options
    I said before the last game that defensively we are still poor and continue to conceed goals.
    A good result today would be a boring 0-0 but this won't happen unless KR plays more defensively, which won't happen.
    Can only expect a 1 or 2-0 loss.
  • Options

Congo Chris appointed as interim coach by 6pm.

The one person in professional football management more inept than Gobby Knobinson.

Perfect.

Has Congo graduated from putting the cones out .
  • Options
    Table could make grim reading at 5pm.