Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Master chef tonight.

Greg - you sound like a Londoner. Where are you from?

Contestant - Woolwich.

Greg - Millwall fan?

Contestant - I'm not really into football.

Greg - oh, what are you cooking for us tonight?

He should have said - oh, you're a Charlton fan then. But he missed a wide open goal.

Comments

• Ha ha yeah I thought that. Would have thought he would have asked if he was Charlton being from Woolwich
  • Words cannot express how much contempt I have for that idiot

Greg or contestant?
  • Greg.

I think you're alright @iainment, what you talking about
  • Greg.

I think you're alright @iainment, what you talking about

It was a joke. ;-)
  • Yep, saw that and mentioned it to the wife.

Thinking about complaining to the BBC.
  • I'd have thought Arsenal would have been the obvious team to ask about.

Exactly. If he was from east London/ docklands the Millwall question would have been more sensible. When he said he was a south east Londoner Charlton or Arsenal were the likely answer. ;-)
  • Macronate said:

Yep, saw that and mentioned it to the wife.

Thinking about complaining to the BBC.

I can guide you through that minefield

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/contact_us/making_a_complaint.html
  • Sponsored links:

They do have quite a few 104 year olds on Masterchef.
  • Dear BBC,

As a license payer, I feel I should bring your attention to the appalling language and ignorance of geographical boundaries exhibited by Gregg Wallace on the Masterchef programme last night.

He asked a contestant if he was a 'Millwall' (language) supporter following him providing confirmation that he was from Woolwich (geography).

Was Gregg making assumptions on the basis that the contestant was a bald fella who appeared to be wearing a string vest under his apron. Also, at the start of the programme, I think I saw him put his flat cap in the designated locker and was arguing in the foyer with the other contestants over the preparation time for meatballs.

I await your reply with interest.

Yours,

A Charlton supporter
  • Slightly aside, British Masterchef is complete rubbish compared to Australian Masterchef and Maserchef USA.

Thanks to my wife, I dont think I've watched much else over the last 3 years :(

Exactly. If he was from east London/ docklands the Millwall question would have been more sensible. When he said he was a south east Londoner Charlton or Arsenal were the likely answer. ;-)
    Don't forget Palace :wink: