Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which Of Our Players/Youth Are Championship Potential, If Any?

Let's say we avoid relegation and stay in League One. Let's also say we have a new owner and manager.

Which of our players can actually play in the NEXT division? Do we have any? If so, who? Any young players who could develop into that, in your opinion?

I just wonder if we have a complete rebuild in our future if we get back to The Championship, or whether we have some talent at CAFC now who can survive up there.

Comments

• Options
    All of them
  • Options
    Let's say we don't avoid relegation and we go down to League Two.
    Let's also say that we have the same owner and manager.
    Which of our players will still be here to stop our slide to non-league obscurity?
  • Options
    Holmes would be ok in the Champ but more as a squad player. Same with Pearce. Solly if he rediscovers previous years form. Konsa would be decent. That's it from the first team IMO.

Maybe some kids in time, maybe Aribo in time. None of the rest from what I have seen would cut the mustard in the Champ. That's why we are so low in League One.
  • Options
    By the way, why on earth are you asking about players being good enough for the Championship when we are stuck in the lower reaches of League One?
  • Options
    Because I am depressed at always thinking out being demoted and in case we improve, wanna know if any of our team can handle the next league up.

In other words, it's an anti-depressant.
  • Options
    Is it working?
  • Options
    So far, no.
  • Options
    I didn't think so!
  • Options
    As a newer fan, is this what life is like all the time???
  • Options

Yes. It's full of rainbows and roses on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel irritable, scared and carry a pit in my stomach.
  • Options
    Times like this make the good times that much sweeter mate. It's easy to support a big team but you would not realise just how great football can make you feel if you were a plastic man Utd fan or similar.
  • Options
    There have always been ups and downs as a Charlton supporter but the last 3 years have been, by far, the worst of my 46 years supporting the club.
  • Options

Because I am depressed at always thinking out being demoted and in case we improve, wanna know if any of our team can handle the next league up.

In other words, it's an anti-depressant.

Relegated we call it, not demoted.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Nope. From time to time, just when you're not expecting it, there's a sudden downturn.

Apart from that, it's pretty much this bad, permanently.