Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leaving games early

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
When it comes to Charlton, I used to be very anti leaving games early, even if it didnt look like a Charlton goal was coming. But in the last 3 years Ive left more games early then I did in the previous 15-16 years of going football. Is this how my feelings toward the regime have manifested themselves?

I feel so empty at Charlton games, and the performance last night summed it all up. I was contemplating leaving on 60 odd minutes, even hoping for a 3rd MK goal as that would have made the decision easier. Its only since RD took over that Ive ever had these thoughts.

Sure enough I snuck off on 80mins, feeling utterly dejected but happy that I wouldnt have to sit through the rest.

Comments

• One game this season (Bury I think) I went down for beers on 40 minutes and came back up on the 75th minute.

I never would have considered doing that in the past and would have slaughtered somebody else that did.

• I stay to the end so I can boo Tarbuck off the pitch ; - )

Not as if there is much traffic to avoid after games.
  • Left after the second went in. Couldn't take any more.
  • I have barely aggregated 90 mins in the 4 diabolical games I have watched this season.
  • Left on 80 minutes and in hindsight wished i'd left at half time
  • edited April 2017
    I've only left matches early three times (that I can remember).

1 the battle of Stamford bridge. I had my 10 year old nephew with me in the West stand and left 3 mins before the final whistle. My brother would have been extremely pissed with me if his son had been caught up in any agro.

2 the cup game at the Community Homes stadium Colchester. This time it was when extra time started. Didn't see the point in watching us being outclassed any further.

3 - Last night. Again didn't see the point in watching any further when extra time started.
  • fucked off after the 2nd went in last night and done the same on saturday at peterboro.
  • During our relegation from the Championship at the end of 2009 season - I think I left early most games......and at half time on a number of those.
  • Sponsored links:

• leave early a lot now, if only to prevent myself getting more angry

I remember the 6-1 home defeat to Leeds, left early then......then the following week from memory I think we were at home to Birmingham and were 2-0 down after 20 mins, walked out at that point - earliest I've ever left a game
  • leave early a lot now, if only to prevent myself getting more angry

this

• I never used to leave early, first time was against Forest maybe 5 or 6 years ago - but in the last 3 years, I now can't remember the last time I've been in the ground at the final whistle, I was already at Charlton House when my phone told me the game was over last night and i could hear the distant booing...
  • edited April 2017
    The only time I have ever left a game early was at Stamford Bridge when I was 10. I was ready to tie my scarf round my face to hide my identity and get stuck into the Chelsea Headhunters and kick the granny out of them but my sensible uncle (Alex Wright) said we had to go before the game ended.

I have since found out the real reason we left early was so uncle Alex could get home and post his players marks on the internet before some geezer called Henry Irving beat him to it. :smile:

• I stayed to the end last night solely so I could join the inevitable round of "your not fit to wear the shirt". It felt necessary.
  • I think it is disgraceful that our players leave a game before it is finished.
  • I always leave on 86 minutes, usually as i cant stand us hanging on if were winning and hopefully if were losing we equalise. Also quite often at night games i have to start work at 23.00, and some Saturdays have to start work at 19.00.

Often as I travel into lonfdon to get home if its with a fiesty club i try to avoid their fans, usually as our idiots are goading them on the other platform.
  • Pet hate of mine, but christ you can see why so many do.
  • I left on 72 minutes last night. I am pretty sure that is a new 'low' for me in my 40+ years supporting the team. I am pretty sure that I didn't miss much!
  • Sponsored links:

• Earliest I've left was many years ago at an evening game against Luton.

It was 1-1 and chucking down, I was on the East Terrace.

Around the hour mark Luton went 2-1 up, I thought we can pull this back.

Minute later it was 3-1, thought we can still come back and get a draw.

Another minute and its 4-1, I thought bollocks to that I'm off home.
  • I left months ago.
  • The only time I have ever left a game early was at Stamford Bridge when I was 10. I was ready to tie my scarf round my face to hide my identity and get stuck into the Chelsea Headhunters and kick the granny out of them but my sensible uncle (Alex Wright) said we had to go before the game ended.

I have since found out the real reason we left early was so uncle Alex could get home and post his players marks on the internet before some geezer called Henry Irving beat him to it. :smile:

Behave yourself, or i'll clip yer ear! :)
  • The only time I have ever left a game early was at Stamford Bridge when I was 10. I was ready to tie my scarf round my face to hide my identity and get stuck into the Chelsea Headhunters and kick the granny out of them but my sensible uncle (Alex Wright) said we had to go before the game ended.

I left with @Alex Wright to stop him attacking the Shed End his own
  • I always stay to the end to clap our warriors off the pitch
  • I struggled with the game last night.

Having dashed from a flight to get to the game, I needed to go to the toilet a bit early into the first half.

I've never done this before but I had a pie and a pint rather than go back to my seat.

I then struggled to engage at all with what was going on on the pitch, they seemed to walk a goal in, we seemed to never have the ball.

Ultimately a terrible day.
  • I leave so early nowadays that I go before I arrive.
  • Left on 65 mins last night - wasn't even angry, past that...
  • Very few times I've left early but Millwall away last time and the 4-0 a couple of years back i would of payed to leave early.
  • I haven't left a game early since an England friendly at Wembley ten years ago. Hate it and never understand people who regularly leave early. Last night was my first home game for a year but after an hour I'd have happily left. As it was my mate and I left after about 85 minutes.