Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Barker Leaving?

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Heard Barkers off to Rotheram at the end of the season

And Robinson to Wigan I heard ;-))
  • Options
    Poor Rotherham. Charlton can't win with KR and Baker
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Or he might want to move up north. We have had experience of those types before.

So he's really going to Brighton then?
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/22581/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-not-ruling-rotherham-move-trusted-lieutenant-richie-barker/

Funnily Barker actually lives in Brighton!
  • Options
    We now have more fewer coaches than National Express
  • Options
    ..........and Congo Chris moves up the pecking order.
  • Options
    Still think JJ will be announced as his number 2 after this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Barker out
    JJ in
    It works for me

Jason Euell?
  • Options

Barker out
    JJ in
    It works for me

Jason Euell?
    Yep, that works too
  • Options
    He's probably leaving for a number of reasons.

I'm guessing it's mostly personal decisions that will suit his professional life and the location is better for him.

The fact that he's off and Robinsons staying, may also suggest that Robbo knows he's a gonna too but he wants to wait for the payoff and can afford to be in between jobs.
  • Options

Wasn't it recently confirmed that Bowyer was no longer part time and was in fact now fully part of the setup? Or did I dream that?
  • Options

Barker is a very experienced coach and manager. Like the also departing Clark he was the wise old head in an otherwise young and inexperienced team of coaches.

KR is 36, JJ 34, Bowyer 40 but has no experience to talk off. Not sure how old Congo Chris is but he has a few months in English football.

Barker going leaves a big experience gap but such things have never worried Duchatelet before.

Barker is only 41, so not that much more experienced than KR really seeing that KR has been managing for 7 years

Steve Gallen might have been brought in on the recruitment side but can probably help as well, as he's certainly experienced
  • Options

Barker is a very experienced coach and manager. Like the also departing Clark he was the wise old head in an otherwise young and inexperienced team of coaches.

KR is 36, JJ 34, Bowyer 40 but has no experience to talk off. Not sure how old Congo Chris is but he has a few months in English football.

Barker going leaves a big experience gap but such things have never worried Duchatelet before.

Barker is only 41, so not that much more experienced than KR really seeing that KR has been managing for 7 years

Steve Gallen might have been brought in on the recruitment side but can probably help as well, as he's certainly experienced
    Thought he was older than that as seemed to have been around for ages. My mistake.

Still need a more experienced coach imo. A Peacock for Curbs
  • Options

Thought he was older than that as seemed to have been around for ages. My mistake.

Still need a more experienced coach imo. A Peacock for Curbs
    I guess it could have been Lennie if things had turned out differently...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to say I think Jose Jeunechops made the sort of solid contribution that is likely to be under rated.

Maybe we could get him back and return to the glory days of being thrashed 3-0 in the Championship?
  • Options
    Clark to go as well as Barker according to the SLP. If the Liverpool Lip (Nicked from Kevin Nolan's report on the Chesterfield game) thinks that replacing them with ex Charlton players instead, will make the fans happy, he's daft as a brush.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Think the main point about this we can see is less the merit of individuals as the continuing instability.

Robinson's set-up always looked top-heavy, although O'Loughlin was imposed on the club by Duchatelet and Nugent and Clark he inherited.

Out of 12 second-tier coaches who have begun to work with the first team since the takeover only one - Lee Turner - has lasted more than a year and more than half have failed to survive six months.

None of the seven different managers / head coaches have completed a year either. Overall, 22 different people will have taken charge of training about 100 different players in just over three years - even before considering the other backroom staff.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He's got the look on his face (like fans) of a man struggling not to laugh at the sorry sight on the pitch!!

• Options

Think the main point about this we can see is less the merit of individuals as the continuing instability.

Robinson's set-up always looked top-heavy, although O'Loughlin was imposed on the club by Duchatelet and Nugent and Clark he inherited.

Out of 12 second-tier coaches who have begun to work with the first team since the takeover only one - Lee Turner - has lasted more than a year and more than half have failed to survive six months.

None of the seven different managers / head coaches have completed a year either. Overall, 22 different people will have taken charge of training about 100 different players in just over three years - even before considering the other backroom staff.

Put like that it shows why we are in our current position. To be honest, it's amazing we are not even lower.
  • Options
    Good luck in your future exploits Richie and thanks for everything you tried to do at Charlton.
  • Options
    With Clarky, we spoke to him about one or two things internally that he didn’t think were for him. He wants to challenge himself in a different way. He is another great guy and someone that I will stay in contact with.

Yeah he didnt want to be a puppet anymore I bet!!

There will be more changes in the summer – some through their own choices, and some mine. They are choices that I believe will help us to get to where we want to go.

There are going to be a lot of things that are completely different around the building and that gives us complete flexibility moving forward.

These two sentences make me very nervous!!