Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre Match with KM

Comments

• Options

From Wyn Grant's blog:

Their most expensive acquisition, Ajose, had been on the recommendation of the then manager. They had not realised that the whole system at Swindon had been built around him which was not possible at Charlton. One would have thought this would have been looked at more carefully before signing him.

This is absolute classic Meire. There's always some flimsy mitigating factor. 'Hadn't realised', 'not possible at Charlton' - what is she on about?

Of course they 'hadn't realised' how to utilise Ajose - they are a bunch of clueless fucking idiots.

On 18 March, Thomas Driesen retweeted a Swindon goalflash about Ajose scoring for them, so I assume YouTube Boy is still doing the scouting...
    If only we could sign him.
  • Options
    I don't think Meire will be telling Uncle Roly it's all his fault. So to some degree, she's between a rock and a hard place....
  • Options

CoyoteJohn listed the main disaster points and asked why she hadn't resigned. She said she wouldn't. He asked if RD was going to sack her and she replied you'd have to ask him, to which their was laughter and calls of how could we possibly ?

Everyone at the Trust meeting was critical, bar one guy, who commended the cheap prices.

The cheap prices were challenged, pointing out that the prices had gone up in many areas and even the cheap seats couldn't be sold.

I suggested they couldn't fill the stadium if they gave away the tickets.

Meire commented on the change of zones to avoid people paying cheap and sitting in dear seats. JohhnyH2 pointed out that it was her crazy idea in the first place.

They have a dozen players they are looking at as first choice for next season and also second and then third choices.

Robinson will be retained & RD is not selling.

Meire looked quite slim, in no way pregnant.

Meire was challenged about the poor crowds compared to our last stint in L1 and she admitted it was because of her & RD.

I pointed out that we could talk all day about players, managers, ticket prices etc etc, but all the while that we have an owner that doesn't care whether we win matches or not, then we will never achieve anything. If the owner doesn't care, how can anyone be expected to. The room applauded and Meire's face seemed to accept the point and she had no reply.

For whatever reason, I felt Meire was more honest and accepting than she has been before.

I genuinely feel she does understand most of the issues, but of course, that doesn't necessarily get us anywhere.

I thought there was more acceptance of the reality, although no solutions.

Would you say that her seemingly changed attitude would support rumours on here that her Roland have fallen out?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

CoyoteJohn listed the main disaster points and asked why she hadn't resigned. She said she wouldn't. He asked if RD was going to sack her and she replied you'd have to ask him, to which their was laughter and calls of how could we possibly ?

Everyone at the Trust meeting was critical, bar one guy, who commended the cheap prices.

The cheap prices were challenged, pointing out that the prices had gone up in many areas and even the cheap seats couldn't be sold.

Meire commented on the change of zones to avoid people paying cheap and sitting in dear seats. JohhnyH2 pointed out that it was her crazy idea in the first place.

They have a dozen players they are looking at as first choice for next season and also second and then third choices.

Meire was challenged about the poor crowds compared to our last stint in L1 and she admitted it was because of her & RD.

I pointed out that we could talk all day about players, managers, ticket prices etc etc, but all the while that we have an owner that doesn't care whether we win matches or not, then we will never achieve anything. If the owner doesn't care, how can anyone be expected to. The room applauded and Meire's face seemed to accept the point and she had no reply.

For whatever reason, I felt Meire was more honest and accepting than she has been before.

I genuinely feel she does understand most of the issues, but of course, that doesn't necessarily get us anywhere.

Would you say that her seemingly changed attitude would support rumours on here that her Roland have fallen out?
    She said nothing to suggest or intimate a falling out.

I think it was some sort of acceptance that RD and her have failed on all fronts and I'm desperately hoping that a sale is on the cards and therefore perhaps she wasn't quite as bullish. It may just have been that although the questions were excellent and tough, they were not put in an aggressive tone, so possibly she reciprocated.
  • Options
    Thanks for the summary.
  • Options

Where are these rumours?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't anyone ask about those potential takeover rumours?
  • Options
    @ken from bexley Who is the guy to the right of Daisy who looks like he is modelling for M&S?
  • Options

Some of the photos from the Meeting with the CASTrust....
    see for more https://www.flickr.com/photos/52647217@N00/albums/72157679042152494

Nice touch, is it Heather? wearing a Roland Out badge
  • Options

Well done, but perhaps next time she could explain how the new structure addresses this problem. There is still a £200 differential in ST prices in the same stand and will no doubt be a corresponding spread of match ticket prices. Very little has changed.
    Also I'm unclear as to how exactly raising the price of my already top-whack ticket to £500 prevents people paying for cheap seats and moving?
  • Options

Can't remember may of been dick plum or Seth the other day said something about they had heard reltionships from Belgium and here was strained now or something alone these lines.
  • Options

Can't remember may of been dick plum or Seth the other day said something about they had heard reltionships from Belgium and here was strained now or something alone these lines.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Let us hope they are selling.
    RD has no interest, so KM is totally to blame, but she accepts no responsibility.
    I will see out my season ticket by going to the last home game, then it's goodbye until they have gone ( yes apologies to many should have said goodbye last season)
    KM has had success as I am giving up ( I will not say my age but KM has her desire of getting rid of another of the age group she wants out)
    Where are the 15,000 replacements coming from? She has no answer to that.

• Options

Sadly, much like a lot of rumours about sales and resignations, I think it's more a sign of how desperate for change we have become and how we are prepared to clutch at any straw. Another legacy of Roland's regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017

Well done, but perhaps next time she could explain how the new structure addresses this problem. There is still a £200 differential in ST prices in the same stand and will no doubt be a corresponding spread of match ticket prices. Very little has changed.
    Let's face it, with attendances in freefall any changes to zones etc is shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic. It's also been a while since she mentioned Target 20K ...
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Also I'm unclear as to how exactly raising the price of my already top-whack ticket to £500 prevents people paying for cheap seats and moving?
    There were £525 season tickets in the west stand last season, so the maximum differential in that stand was £250 - the cheapest tickets were £275. In the east the spread was £275 to £475; it is now £300 to £500 in both stands. So no change at all in the east, although I think they will increase the minimum adult match ticket price to £20 from £17.

How bonkers is it that Gillingham is a "gold game", given the circumstances? That means the minimum adult ticket price for anyone walking up on the day will be £23 (£20 advance) - under this regime, why on earth would you pay up to £32 (£29 advance) to sit in the middle of the east stand for that game, when you can pay the cheapest rate and sit there anyway?
  • Options

There were £525 season tickets in the west stand last season, so the maximum differential in that stand was £250 - the cheapest tickets were £275. In the east the spread was £275 to £475; it is now £300 to £500 in both stands. So no change at all in the east, although I think they will increase the minimum adult match ticket price to £20 from £17.

How bonkers is it that Gillingham is a "gold game", given the circumstances? That means the minimum adult ticket price for anyone walking up on the day will be £23 (£20 advance) - under this regime, why on earth would you pay up to £32 (£29 advance) to sit in the middle of the east stand for that game, when you can pay the cheapest rate and sit there anyway?
    In reality the damage is worse than that. I am not going to renew next season and even though I will always sit near my current seat (or in it if it's available) and I won't buy a cheap seat and move, I will miss many games because I will have to assess the financial cost relative to how good we are.

With hindsight, I wish I'd gone yesterday but after Tuesday night I decided I didn't want to, and the seat is still free.

That means that in order to benefit from any revenue from people like me the team will have to perform on the pitch, and the more they charge the better I will have to believe they will play for me to pay for it.

I have, for as long as I can remember, had offers of free tickets at the Premier League teams in London. Deciding to go to an all expenses paid day out at, say, Arsenal v Man Utd or paying £20 to watch us lose to Gillingham will be more of a consideration if we don't have new owners and/or are near the top of the table.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Some of the photos from the Meeting with the CASTrust....
    see for more https://www.flickr.com/photos/52647217@N00/albums/72157679042152494

Nice touch, is it Heather? wearing a Roland Out badge
    Yes.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

chilham said:

...........and had afterwards met with Jacko and Solly for the players' perspective on things.

Thats an interesting one, poor performance so the CEO meets with Captain and Vice Captain.... sounds like losing confidence in Robinson.
    That's exactly what I thought. Although Karl was getting the vote of confidence throughout her talk.
    I really didn't think the three of them said anything at all apart from everything we've heard before, we've made mistakes, misjudged the strength of the league, too many managers, spent money on the pitch, academy, blah blah blah.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Jeez, there's a lot of age in those pictures. And if you take out the three club employees that average age goes up even higher.

Where's the youth coming through? We know they care, or at least some of them do, so why is it they don't feel able (or welcome?) to attend these things?

Go to an away game and you see the same.

I can only put it down to the generation of fans lost when we were groundsharing.