Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre Match with KM

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

shine166 said:

Ask your questions in a manor so that you do get an actual answer... rather than allowing her to just waffle on about any old tripe

Sort of Terry Tibbs style - 'failure, talk to me'
    Or 3 piece suites, talk to me....
  • Options
    Not possible for us with our "top six budget" to build as creative team around Ajose as he was used to at Swindon Town............I would say unbelievable but sadly this kind of nonsense has become easily believable the last few seasons.
  • Options
    have turned down the chance to meet Daisy before the Swindon game as I'm expecting to be busy elsewhere helping CARD
  • Options
    Link to Wyn's blog with his comments on the pre-meet with KM where he reports her remarks re Ajose;

http://addicksdiary3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/we-are-going-down.html?m=1
  • Options

Link to Wyn's blog with his comments on the pre-meet with KM where he reports her remarks re Ajose;

http://addicksdiary3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/we-are-going-down.html?m=1

Interesting, as for the woman's team they don't own it!
  • Options
    Their most expensive acquisition, Ajose, had been on the recommendation of the then manager. They had not realised that the whole system at Swindon had been built around him which was not possible at Charlton.

SURELY this should be done with any player... i.e. Two Questions you should ask yourself before signing a player

(1) - Is this player GOOD ENOUGH to play for Charlton, will he IMPROVE us as a team
    (2) - Will he fit into the CURRENT system of players that we current have!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Asked whether the club was for sale, she said, 'We're her for the long term', but Roland may not necessarily tell her what is going on."

That's not a no, then.
  • Options

Their most expensive acquisition, Ajose, had been on the recommendation of the then manager. They had not realised that the whole system at Swindon had been built around him which was not possible at Charlton.

SURELY this should be done with any player... i.e. Two Questions you should ask yourself before signing a player

(1) - Is this player GOOD ENOUGH to play for Charlton, will he IMPROVE us as a team
    (2) - Will he fit into the CURRENT system of players that we current have!!

It is, if the answer is no to both questions Tommy boy tells the owner to go get him. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Missed It said:

I reckon the sum total of Charlton's scouting on Ajose was to look at the 2015/16 League One goal-scoring chart. There hadn't been any planning for relegation. I doubt Ajose had been targeted until the off-season and had never been seriously watched by Charlton scouts. They just figured they could sign the League's top scorer and that would be job done.

"Ooh, look! 24 goals!" said Driessen. Roland got the cheque book out and Daisy giggled her way through giving Ajose a big, fat contract the club can't afford. The rest is history (repeating itself).

I have to laugh otherwise I will cry.
  • Options
    They cant even manage to do 'due diligence' on the player they have effectively spunked the transfer budget on.
    You have learned nothing!!!

Unless they go expect a repeat of the previous summers in relation to assembling the squad.

Please sell
  • Options

They cant even manage to do 'due diligence' on the player they have effectively spunked the transfer budget on.
    You have learned nothing!!!

Unless they go expect a repeat of the previous summers in relation to assembling the squad.

Please sell

And the way things are going brace yourself for another season of struggle to avoid dropping into the National League.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I reckon the sum total of Charlton's scouting on Ajose was to look at the 2015/16 League One goal-scoring chart. There hadn't been any planning for relegation. I doubt Ajose had been targeted until the off-season and had never been seriously watched by Charlton scouts. They just figured they could sign the League's top scorer and that would be job done.

"Ooh, look! 24 goals!" said Driessen. Roland got the cheque book out and Daisy giggled her way through giving Ajose a big, fat contract the club can't afford. The rest is history (repeating itself).

Completely agree with this and thought it at the time. I expect it was also the extent of their research when trying to hire Wider.
  • Options

Missed It said:

Completely agree with this and thought it at the time. I expect it was also the extent of their research when trying to hire Wider.
    It's all just so ridiculously simple minded and stupid. Even if they'd only checked his profile on Wikipedia they should have noticed that his goal tally of 2015/16 was a total anomaly alongside the rest of his record. Do they not even stop for a moment to think - what are Swindon doing to turn a career 1-in-5 striker into a complete goal machine for one season and perhaps employing the same tactics.

Like I said, if I actually went to one of their pointless meetings I'd just get thrown out for ranting at the chief moron.
  • Options

Yet when Nugent was in charge we played an attacking 442 and Ajose started and scored.

I love the "we're not for sale but Roland doesn't tell me anything" remark.

So not only are we for sale but Katrien has finally learnt that making a statement of fact based on what Uncle is or isn't going to do is a bad idea so she's hedging her bets.

Good news though. We are for sale.

Careful. She didn't say that exactly. Wyn did. As Duncan says above the best we can read of the line is she doesn't apparently deny a sale process is underway.
    Wyn said- Asked whether the club was for sale, she said, 'We're her for the long term', but Roland may not necessarily tell her what is going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She knows what is going on
  • Options
    Judging collectively from comments in this thread.

When someone directly asked her what her best achievements are at the club.

She suggests 3 things that are not really that impressive or challenging, not her decision making, and not her actual direct actions.
    It depends how long she had to answer the question. Maybe those things were said on a whim and that she has in fact made significant improvements in some department of the club.
    She had to dig deep.
    Maybe she was just taking the piss and her answer was purposely a joke, as she didn't want to honestly answer the question.
    Maybe she's influenced something, a particular aspect at the club that people hold in high regard

Just. It's doubtful.

Contradicting. Cheap season tickets...that people still do not want.
    She is not the decision maker on ticket prices. She can say she is but no one would trust her with that responsibility of a decision on her shoulders.
    She would need advise.

Says it all. It's actually quite sad to be honest. I'm being serious. Not moaning about her.

I'm sad to say that she is just a pretty face and is just a puppet. Nothing more nothing less.
    Has absolutely no credentials for this job, other then relentless inaccurate time wasting self belief that she is.

Please do yourself a favour and find a good job with a much better boss that respects hard work and normal deserving reward from hard, smart work.

Katrien. I hope you join the real world. For your own sake. The real world always wins, in the end.

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Missed It said:

I have to laugh otherwise I will cry.
    Same process with Novak.
  • Options
    The story will be complete if/ when Ajose plays against us.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

The story will be complete if/ when Ajose plays against us.

I think that's against the rules these days. It certainly is in the Premier League.
  • Options
    The football village has been pissing itself laughing at Charlton for at least 2 years minimum.

On the player front:

Sell kermogant, buy who? Sell Stephens, buy who? Give away Morrison...

As the picture here says, Alnwick, wiggins, Wilson, lookman, fox, Stephens, Gomez, thd, cousins, Pope, Harriot, jbg, Henderson.....

• Options
    If Meire really has got a bun in the oven, surely Uncle Roly will sell. No point keeping the club if she's going on maternity leave. If she hasn't, then he'd be well advised to sell any way. Stress related obesity is a real bugger.
  • Options
    And the flipside....

Piotr, Reza, Johnson twice, tucudean, lepoint, sarr, ceballos, bergdich, mcaleny, ba, koc, Thuram, nego.

Well done. And the non- playing staff even worse. I'm thinking of you Keohane by the way.

I've met some fairly useless and irritating people in my life but you are right at the top mate.

• Options
    Stig said:

If Meire really has got a bun in the oven, surely Uncle Roly will sell. No point keeping the club if she's going on maternity leave. If she hasn't, then he'd be well advised to sell any way. Stress related obesity is a real bugger.

If she has, at least we know somebody has done to her what she has done to us!