Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lowest point ever?

Comments

• Options
    Terrible match, awful day.

• Options
    Well, they say the darkest hour is just before dawn.

I saw in the news that a company has invented a substance even darker than black. Roland is spending all of next year's transfer budget on it just to make sure it gets properly, impossibly dark before he goes.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

It's the lowest I've felt. Not my club any more. I took a long look before I left as I can't honestly say whether I'll be back or not. Horrible experience tonight. I've been through the anger and vitriol. It's now just an emptiness.

A horrible post to 'like', but I couldn't relate to this any more. I'm fully done now, really hope it's only temporary.

Stayed to watch them get boo-ed off at the end... hoping that the next crop of players, manager and owner I see (or don't in the owner's case) are absolutely nothing like this one.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I've almost given up getting my son to come to matches. Keen to keep the family connection with the club, but looks like it might end with me the way it's going.
    He will come to the Swindon match, and then we'll see. It's not like he's a glory hunter. It's just the lack of atmosphere at the ground and the lack of effort on the pitch I think.
  • Options
    Never felt this low about the club! League 2 fills me with the prospect of no return to the CAFC we knew before this lot arrived. Searching for a glimmer of hope for the future... let me know if anyone finds it under a rock or somewhere in SE London.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I've almost given up getting my son to come to matches. Keen to keep the family connection with the club, but looks like it might end with me thecwsus it's going.
    He will come to the Swindon match, and then we'll see. It's not like he's a glory hunter. It's just the lack of atmosphere at the ground and the lack of effort on the pitch I think.

And only 1 win in 14 matches.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Did anyone notice the half time birthdays? This was a half term game and all those read out over the tannoy were for 50 and 60 year olds. We are dying as a club. Tried to get my 10 year old and 8 year old to come on their season tickets but had to give it up as a lost cause.

We need a "crying" reaction as well as "like" and "lol" :(
  • Options

I suspended my boycott for this game and bought a ticket for my old seat. Sat next to the bloke I've sat next to for many years. He's not a great fan of the protests and although we used to meet every home game and talk about our lives outside football, tonight was hard work. I tried to initiate conversation and make conversation but I got the feeling our friendship wasn't the same. So a very low point for me. When they feck off where will I sit? I don't feel welcome there any more. Very sad.

It beggars believe that there are still some who don't get the protests. I sit be between a couple of pros (yes yes I know), and a couple of antis. Both good sorts. The antis are still grateful to Roland for 'saving' the club.
  • Options
    The only glimmer of hope is that things might be in stasis mode at the moment because we will soon get new owners, as it's a completely rudderless ship at the moment

Indeed that's probably the only thing keeping KR in a job at the moment
  • Options
    Wait, so you guys don't think we've got promotion locked in? Am I missing something?
  • Options

We have a fan murdered in the line of duty, and at the match where he was honoured, the owner still can't be nothered to come.

That is because the owner does not care we have a fan killed doing job. Nor does Katrien Meire for that matter.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

https://youtu.be/hOMvs_1UFCk

After he sells obviously

Christ I'd forgotten about those terrible 90's shorts.
  • Options
    Just borrowed this from a Facebook friend -

He's a Brighton fan.........
  • Options
    Just waiting for my £500 win on us to go down comes in. Would probably fund an entire first 11 next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just waiting for my £500 win on us to go down comes in. Would probably fund an entire first 11 next season.

Or one day's use of a rental boiler
  • Options

As much as I absolutely detest the regime for how they have ripped the heart and soul out of OUR great club, I reserve a special hatred in my heart for the Cardiff fan and his fawning acolytes (though they are probably figments of his warped imagination) who would rather see OUR great club die than admit they are wrong.

To be fair I think the message is starting to sink in over there.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

It's almost as if Duchatalet has realised his experiment has failed and is now operating a scorched earth policy to make sure there's nothing left when he finally departs, to teach the vinegar pissers a lesson. I can't see any other explanation for what has happened this season ...

Duchatelet is on record somewhere (and I saw it recently albeit in translation) as saying that if something is going wrong he would prefer to let it 'capsize' (translation word) but I think he was saying sink....so that he can build it up again.

As I write this I just caught a glimpse of a post above - what has happened to us?
    After over 55 years of supporting the club and privileged to have been at the St Andrews and Wembley play-off games and the first game 'back' I no longer have any real desire to attend The Valley.
    It isn't Charlton at the moment.

• Options

Wait, so you guys don't think we've got promotion locked in? Am I missing something?

You my friend, are living in an upside down world.
  • Options
    last night was truly shocking....only surprise is that I lasted until the 75th minute in the ground
  • Options
    I wasn't there last night, as I am boycotting (not a penny more) and had cricket coaching. I did have pangs about going, and but for the coaching might have gone along, but...

The main thing was that as I waited to get into the school where we do the coaching, there were four of us chatting about Charlton - all fans. None of us were going to the game. All of us agreeing that it was toxic and no fun. All of us want Roland to sell. Later when the seniors arrived for their nets, three more were long standing Charlton fans arrived; again, all had chosen cricket nets to watching this pile of doggy do. The pain is there in us all, and we will all be back when Roland has long gone, but the damage he is doing is akin to rape! We have said no, but he continues...

Just sell the club!
  • Options

last night was truly shocking....only surprise is that I lasted until the 75th minute in the ground

You lasted longer than me I left at half time.
    I only went last night to pay my respects to pc.Palmer after that i really didn't want to be there.
    When I left at half time there was at least 20 others who walked out as well.
    God knows what sort of attendances we will get next season if Roland doesn't sell.
    Sad sad times for our club.