Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
In the interview at the end of last year, where the owner called us and Powell stupid, he told some blatant lies and it frustates me that he has not been challenged for those lies.

Presenter: Last month you were 70 – belated congratulations – also an age to look back on things. But your sporting activities are still topical. Emails have recently come to light in the media in England that you sent a while ago to the former coach of Charlton, your club there. We have a few extracts from them (shows the Thuram email and the tactics one). Do you still support the sending of those emails?

RD Yes, of course, that was just after we had bought Charlton. That involved an awful lot of money – buying such a club in England. We had of course thoroughly investigated everything with our scouts beforehand, screened all the players one by one, what they were good at it, what they were not good at, the kind of mistakes they made etc. Our scouts knew them much better, I think, than the coach who was there. Then we also brought in half a dozen players whom we knew and the coach didn’t know and we tried to help the man, while the team were more or less last in the division.
Then Jose Riga came in and with all the other players that the other coach had said were bad players, got 1.5 points per match and saved the club, then it all stopped.

So Powell said the players being brought in were not at the required level - apart of course for Ajdarevic who he clearly wanted - so if what Ducahetelet said had an ounce of truth it would be expected that the players who were really good enough and not bad as Powell said should have played their part under Riga. I thought of a game - the one we beat Blackpool 3-0 away in with an Harriot Hat-trick, then thought I would google the team to see how many of these 'bad' players Riga picked! The answer is below and provide the cold hard facts that the owner is a liar. We know he is anyway, but these are simple facts that show it to anybody who doesn't!

Charlton

1Hamer (Pre Regime)
23Wilson (Pre Regime)
36Fox (Pre Regime)
39Poyet (Pre Regime)
5Morrison (Pre Regime)
6Dervite (Pre Regime)
24Cousins (Pre Regime)
4Jackson (Pre Regime)
10Sordell(Pre Regime)
42Ajdarevic (Post regime - but Powell saw the player list and immediately wanted him)
11Harriott (Pre Regime)

Substitutes

9Church
12Obika
13Phillips
15Wood
18Petrucci
31Lennon
35Pigott

This man is a complete and total liar and looking at the above, it isn't possible to even debate the fact!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have never been given the reason why Riga was not kept on! Maybe it is in the above somewhere!

Comments

• Options
    And you're missing Ghoochannejhad who played quite a few times that season.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Not well though - he did score one goal - which was not a great return, but it was admittedly an important one away to Leeds. I wonder how many Kermogant would have got? I picked a game randomly and googled the side. In the interest of fairness, let's look at the side against Leeds....

Charlton

1Hamer (Pre Regime)
    23Wilson (Pre Regime)
    16Wiggins (Pre Regime)
    39Poyet (Pre Regime)
    5Morrison (Pre Regime)
    6Dervite (Pre Regime)
    8Ghoochanneijhad (Post Regime)
    24Cousins (Pre Regime)
    35Pigott (Pre regime)
    4Jackson (Pre Regime)
    42Ajdarevic (Post regime but wanted by Powell)

This I think is the best post regime representation under Riga!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    We know it, so he runs away. But he will carry on lying to those who don't. The facts are there - he can't debate with people who know them. I'd like him challenged in an interview that he can't run away from how the names above can be classed as his players.

I wish Riga would let us know why he thinks he wasn't kept on. I think Powell had a record of playing more network players than he did. He clearly got agreement that his management would not be interferred with, and I would imagine Duchatelet wasn't willing for that to continue!

Well done for confronting him by the way.
  • Options

Not well though - he did score one goal - which was not a great return, but it was admittedly an important one away to Leeds. I wonder how many Kermogant would have got? I picked a game randomly and googled the side. In the interest of fairness, let's look at the side against Leeds....

Charlton

1Hamer (Pre Regime)
    23Wilson (Pre Regime)
    16Wiggins (Pre Regime)
    39Poyet (Pre Regime)
    5Morrison (Pre Regime)
    6Dervite (Pre Regime)
    24Cousins (Pre Regime)
    35Pigott (Pre regime)
    4Jackson (Pre Regime)

Would love that side tonight. Better with Yann for Reza, of course.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    To be honest, I'd put Yann in for Piggot - we might have won it 2-0 then! The thing is - because Duchatelet is such a small minded man, he probably believes Powell didn't play the network players on purpose. But then the fact that Riga didn't play them either is overlooked and actually the facts changed to suit his agenda shows what a dishonest person he is.

I had as much problem with the idiot sacking Riga as I had with him sacking Powell! In fact I recall getting into an argument about it that resulted in me leaving this site for a few months over it!
  • Options
    Am sure he didn't keep Riga on because he wouldn't play the network players either. Guess he thought Peeters would be easier to control.
  • Options
    Oh I don't disagree for the most part! Riga and Powell I actually think would have been a semi decent mana

Charlton

1Hamer (Pre Regime)
    23Wilson (Pre Regime)
    16Wiggins (Pre Regime)
    39Poyet (Pre Regime)
    5Morrison (Pre Regime)
    6Dervite (Pre Regime)
    24Cousins (Pre Regime)
    35Pigott (Pre regime)
    4Jackson (Pre Regime)

Would love that side tonight. Better with Yann for Reza, of course.
    Yann for Piggott surely :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    But Peeters was a decent manager so he wasn't. I believe our first three managers under this regime were decent - Powell, Riga and Peeters. They just needed backing which the idiot owner wasn't willing to give.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

And you're missing Ghoochannejhad who played quite a few times that season.

Badly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That day has to come sooner, rather than later before our club is totally destroyed!