Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Pick For Next Manager Under New Owner (Must be available)

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
If you could hire any manager after this season ends, assuming new ownership, who would it be?

The caveat is they must be actually available, and not working elsewhere, or retired.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks, will add "new owner" to the question. Otherwise many will answer like that.
  • Options
    Glenn Hoddle
  • Options
    Just to play devil's advocate....

Is the choice of Powell more a case of wishing to bring back the past rather than him really being the best choice? A kind of compensation against how bad current ownership feels to us rather than the most qualified?

• Options
    Of course, Chris Powell.
  • Options
    As an aside, does this line of reasoning also mean that bringing back Varney as director of football or CEO would also be the smart move?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In all seriousness, Curbs please
  • Options
    Euell
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Has the track record. Should be on a short list.
  • Options

Is the choice of Powell more a case of wishing to bring back the past rather than him really being the best choice? A kind of compensation against how bad current ownership feels to us rather than the most qualified?

We need a Charlton man here.
  • Options
    Chris Powell. Easy choice. However he would also need a similar player recruitment team to his last stint at manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Disagree.

We need a good manager, a good coach, a good motivator, someone with a good eye for a player.

If they have been at Charlton before then fine but it's not essential.

• Options
    Chris Powell, he had not finished the project
  • Options

Disagree.

We need a good manager, a good coach, a good motivator, someone with a good eye for a player.

If they have been at Charlton before then fine but it's not essential.

That is a fair comment, Powell would fit the bill with what you have said though.
  • Options
    Owner / Manager

David Beckham
  • Options
    We do need a Charlton man. When was the last time we were remotely successful without one? Sir Chris Powell please.
  • Options
    If Chris comes back, I will come back not seen a game since he went
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    If I could pick anyone and they would willingly come and take on the job, then I'd vote Curbs. I don't care that he has been out of management for some time, he could still come and do an excellent job. He knows how to build a team, he knows how to manage a team, he knows what the club means to the fans and as much as I love Chrissie Powell, Curbs was a much better manager. Maybe CP could come as his No 2 :smile:

Let's hope there will be a takeover and whoever gets the managers job is competent and is backed 100% by the new owner.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Would like to see someone connected to Charlton in the hot seat , so I'd like a management team of :
    - Jackson & euell as a curbs/gritt type duo (Jackson player manager)

With someone like Lennie Lawrence/curbs/peacock as DOF/Managerial adviser

would be good to bring In Either Shaun Bartlett or Herman Hreiðarsson (Even a certain Jorge costa!) to form the rest of the managerial side. Give them a chance to get propper English management under their belt as well as bringing an 'charlton viewpoint' with them , all three having managerial experience
  • Options
    SCP