Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Belgian 20 at it again!

Comments

• It's possible Duchatelet got Varney mixed up with someone else but this does not excuse his statement.

Good luck to him with that defence!
    Are you going to be making Mr Varney aware of the comments?
  • It's Roland who has stolen the club from us.
  • I think Roly's lost it.
  • Good work, folks.
  • Really does have the whiff of the death of the regime, but I don't trust my senses anymore as the last three years have destroyed all my hope.
  • It's possible Duchatelet got Varney mixed up with someone else but this does not excuse his statement.

Have done so.
    F*ck me I love you airman, every post you make brings a smile to my face.
  • Well done to the B20 yet again. Absolute legends .
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm all for annoying rolly, but throwing pretend money at him is assault. He seemed to react with great dignity.

So far this week one fan has been convicted of punching an eagle and another group have attacked a septuagenarian.

We need to up our game or risk it all backfiring.

Think you forgot the smiley...
  • I'm all for annoying rolly, but throwing pretend money at him is assault. He seemed to react with great dignity.

So far this week one fan has been convicted of punching an eagle and another group have attacked a septuagenarian.

Think you forgot the smiley...
    Here you go Canters :wink:
  • Have to admit it's disappointing.

I want Varney to take over the club again. Along with his investors.

The fact that lies are being spread and that Roland is suggesting Varney stole money from the club....very heavily decreases the chances of the 2 parties coming into contact and trying to negotiate a deal.

Even if, for example. Roland was not lying.

What and where is that source of evidence? Stealing money is a criminal offence.

Roland will say absolutely anything as a temporary deflector. A mad liar. Just makes him look worse.

Katrien has inherited a trait from her employer.
    She probably thinks, if he does it then I can.
    Not the greatest example in the world, is Roland.

• Perhaps PV was funding Terrorism :-) all makes sense now!!

This is obviously a joke and not at all serious in case anyone wets themselves!

Too late, Roland is emailing the media team with a new statement already.
  • I spent some considerable time tonight talking with Duchatelet. When asked if he is selling the club he didn't deny it but only deflected the conversation to Peter Varney's approach, saying that it involved the Kuwaitis, who wanted to move the club to Ebbsfleet.

Without prompting he referred to the sacking of SCP and justified it by saying we would have been relegated if he'd stayed. I disagreed and pointed out that Riga used the same players as SCP and not the network players. He insisted that Riga had used the network players that SCP had rejected. After which we argued the point until I called him a liar and he stormed off.

The impression I got is that he is definitely ready to sell. Beyond this he only demonstrated his readiness to lie in order to deflect criticism and to get away from any awkward situation.

99 likes looks slightly agitating, have a 100th my man. Centurion.
  • Well done BiB.

NB considering RD & Meire refused to talk to Varney. I fail to understand how RD claims to know the plans of Varney's investor's.

He doesn't know the investors he's lying again.

Have done so.
    Grass :lol:
  • seth plum said:

<

Arsentatters might agree with me, but when on the taxi trip i was struck by how easily and readily Roland acolytes were prepared to tell barefaced lies. Either at Melixis where they denied Rolands connection with the business at their factory gates, or at the ground where they said the half empty hotel was full, or we couldn't park across the road because they owned the independent restaurant land there, or incredibly even stating they owned the bloody pavement and we were not allowed to walk on it. There were more lies, readily told when i spoke to a Roland employee hassling me and arsentatters outside the Lidl attached to the ground.
    I accept that the instinct to tell instant lies is about self protection, but the readiness and relish that seemed to be mixed in with the lying made an impression on me. It seemed almost cultural, not to Belgians in general, but to those close to the Duchatelet empire.

I agree Seth. They were so bloody convincing too- if I hadn't known the truth I'd have believed them. Makes you wonder if it's part of their training.
    They seem like the Rank Rolandians ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

Oh, get real pal......this ain't a Womens Institute tea party going on here!

Then again, you may be being ironic.......and I'm about to get a Whoooosh.
  • The suggestion that Varney stole money is much, much more serious and if that is put in the public domain would certainly end up in a slander action. It is total bollocks.
    please tell me that someone has him on tape saying such...
  • From what I've heard, I can sort of understand why he might have the mistaken idea that money may have been taken out of the club under the previous ownership that shouldn't have been. But, he is making a very serious accusation with a firm grasp on the wrong end of the stick. He certainly shouldn't be throwing stuff like this about to total strangers while he's out on the beers. He might be a millionaire, but he really is a fool.

Yes he did. He meant Roger Johnson!
  • Nice one guys.
  • Keep it up
  • Where is that? Inside Stayen?