Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

April 1st 2001 v April 1st 2017

On April 1st 2001 I was part of a full house at The Valley to see Charlton beat Leicester 2-0 in The Premiership with goals from Andy Todd and Shaun Bartlett.

There were many great moments that season including of course John Robinson spinning away like a man possessed after scoring THAT equaliser against Manchester United in the 3-3 at The Valley.

On April 1st 2017 I was not at Peterborough to see the 0-2 League One defeat and I can't bring myself to watch the Goal Rush programme later.

Instead, what I will remember this April 1st is going onto this site about 30 minutes ago and pressing a link in the North Korea reaches SE7 Valiants thread which has led me to this new posting and I apologise for not posting over there but I can't face going back.

There is something very fundamentally warped with the body language and actions of Sue Parkes filmed at the end of today's game and I defy anyone viewing it not to feel that somehow a new definition of the word low has been reached, exceeded whatever at this Club.
The woman is a friend of Katrien Meire and the wife of the Club Secretary.....there are no more words. I am sure others will find them.

Mention of Leicester - at an away game there Paolo Di Canio scored for us and raced towards us all packed into the away corner, joy unbounded and pounding his chest.

Its moments like that I want to remember in years to come about being a Charlton fan, not the ludicrously inappropriate and grossly insulting posturing of a late middle-aged women who really should know better when she is acting as an ambassador for the Club albeit in some questionable capacity.