Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton announce £13.5m loss

edited March 2017 in General Charlton
https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/21735/charlton-announce-13-5million-loss-2015-16-season/

Dunno if this has been discussed already. Mods, please sink if it has.

Comments

• Options
    Ha de fucking ha!
  • Options
    ...AND tough titties!
  • Options
    How much was spent on players who were not good enough and either let go or sent out on loan?
  • Options
    Thought it would be closer to £25m rather than £15m.
  • Options
    WSS said:

"Increased football costs of nearly £4.0m spent primarily on player salaries and transfers as the club spent money in January to try and maintain Championship status"

Lots of rumours about Texeira's big wages...but come on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmm, these failures appear to be mounting up.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    WSS said:

We lost £13.5m attempting to organise a night of alcoholic intoxication in a beer manufacturing establishment but without success.

I'm sure there's a more pithy way of saying this but just can't work out how to phrase it.
    We lost £13.5m unsuccessfully attempting to organise a night of alcoholic intoxication in a beer manufacturing establishment.

Is that better?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Didn't Sue say Roland was putting £1m a month into the club, how we laughed.
  • Options
    I can take the loss given all we have achieved on the field this season.

Oh ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go now
  • Options
    perhaps time to call for the seed of the seed of Jimmy Seed ... we need another rebirth from ragamuffin to premier status ..

But seriously, over £250,000 a week is serious money .. let's hope that the Duchi is writing off the losses here against any profits from his other enterprises
  • Options

Good luck getting your money back after two seasons in League One, Roland.

Now cut your losses and sell the club before you lose any more money.

Hasn't he got it back in player sales since end of last season?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    According to note 21 it would appear that none of the Harriott, Pope, Cousins and Gudmundson transfer fees were included in these latest financials and of course the Lookman and Fox fees definitely won't be until the current years financials are prepared on 30/6/17.

Whether these windfalls will have offset the ongoing monthly losses this season against the backdrop of lower gate receipts, TV money and sponsorship remains to be seen.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I never thought that the day would come that if my club lost £13.5M it would make me happy.

Well that day has come, and that, Rat Man is failure. I hope it hurts!

Sadly this sums me us as well, my first thought when I saw the figure was "I wish it was more", sad times indeed.