Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car roof boxes

2»

Comments

• Options
    got the branded rails (have to with LR), bought Thule aero bars and LR roof box (which is probably a badged Thule - but they gave me a discount so it evened out cost wise) trouble is bough Alu bars, and now have a completely black car with black rails black box and silver coloured bars.. doh! first world problems eh
  • Options
    razil said:

got the branded rails (have to with LR), bought Thule aero bars and LR roof box (which is probably a badged Thule - but they gave me a discount so it evened out cost wise) trouble is bough Alu bars, and now have a completely black car with black rails black box and silver coloured bars.. doh! first world problems eh

Out of interest, are you a 'Boycotter' by any chance ?, somebody that's got a big void in their life to fill ?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Yes, I think the Princess was a fantastic design with many parts like the front wipers revolutionary. The reason not to give it a hatchback was an executive one. As with the Allegro - the managers decided they did not want to compete with cars they sold still on the market! They got these great designs and if they set out to ruin them they couldn't have done better! Of course they created an us and them atmosphere that resulted in the worse excesses of trade unionism. The cars became secondary. I think we should all be very angry, but it started at the top.
  • Options

Yes, I think the Princess was a fantastic design with many parts like the front wipers revolutionary. The reason not to give it a hatchback was an executive one. As with the Allegro - the managers decided they did not want to compete with cars they sold still on the market! They got these great designs and if they set out to ruin them they couldn't have done better! Of course they created an us and them atmosphere that resulted in the worse excesses of trade unionism. The cars became secondary. I think we should all be very angry, but it started at the top.

He also designed the TR7
  • Options
    What the Allegro should have looked like:

• Options
    markmc68 said:

If you'd like to borrow mine. No problem. Pm me.

You could set up a CL roof box swap club, with meets and viewing days, the main events could take place a week or two before school holidays for max impact.
  • Options
    Must be a myth but I read once the Allegro was more aerodynamic in reverse!!
  • Options

razil said:

Out of interest, are you a 'Boycotter' by any chance ?, somebody that's got a big void in their life to fill ?
    ha ha I thought I was but I seem to be coming as much as when I had a season ticket

• Options
    razil said:

razil said:

ha ha I thought I was but I seem to be coming as much as when I had a season ticket

You filthy swine!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    MrOneLung said:

Actually, most cars with grills are more aerodynamic in reverse. I think the Allegro had many faults, but it was no more of a brick than its competitors of the time. I think it was above average in fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Actually, most cars with grills are more aerodynamic in reverse. I think the Allegro had many faults, but it was no more of a brick than its competitors of the time. I think it was above average in fact.
    Muttley......would you be kind enough to PM me the number of your dealer.....cheers!