Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PC Keith Palmer.Remember him at the next home match.

Comments

• Options
    MKinpeace said:

The MK supporters are saddened by the news about Keith Palmer. Those of us who are travelling to the game on Tuesday wish to honour him, and I am certain that we will join with you in what ever way you chose to remember him.

We would like to add a scarf to show our solidarity with you against this disgusting act of terrorism. I guess that other teams to visit you will want to do something similar. It would be wrong to add it to the lone scarf on his seat, but will there be any other place where we can hang it?

The Jimmy Seed stand as the away stand and there is a pillar there.

Maybe it would be an idea for those away fans who wish to pay their respects to tie their club's scarf to the pillar?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I suspect the club will announce a place where flowers and scarves should be left. I think there is an obvious place.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Not sure if the tribute will be MK or Southend game, but either way, can I suggest that an amazing gesture from CAFC fans would be that on the walk from the station or the lib or wherever, every police officer you pass on the way to the ground, you stop, thank them and shake their hand.
    A simple but huge show of respect and backing if everyone did it.

I think this is a great gesture
  • Options

Having his photo on the front page of the program against MK could be a small mark of respect.

And on the scoreboard throughout the game.
  • Options
    great idea, i'm going for the first game this season just to show respect.
  • Options
    I posted on Fb page yesterday that it'd be a nice guesture for his seat to be retired and replaced with a plaque. Be great for the club to do something long term for this.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but why was the OP flagged?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who flagged it. I can never tell from my phone
  • Options

@Off_it must be an over active digit finger.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@Off_it must be an over active digit finger.
    Hopefully he will remove it
  • Options
    Iv'e re-arranged my route back down from Peterborough and the Peak District, I was going to go via Tewksbury and Oxford back down to Kent, but Ive cancelled them to get back for the Franchise game, I just have to work out the best route from Bearsted up to the valley minus my Motorhome.
  • Options

great idea, i'm going for the first game this season just to show respect.

Same here. My late Dad was also both a Gunner and in the Met. So this, along with the Charlton connection
    makes me suspend my boycott, and make a very small gesture compared to PC Palmer's final act on this earth. Judging from comments and suggestions on this thread I'm confident that the Valley will host a moving tribute.
  • Options

He probably meant to "like" instead of "flag" - it's happened to me six times.
  • Options
    Would make sense if the club made a donation towards Keiths fund from people purchasing tickets for the Mk dons game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

There is a just giving fund set up, currently at £681,000.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Keith-palmer
  • Options
    I like the idea of a small number of seats (5 or 6) bearig his name/number being made available to police officers free of charge at every game.
  • Options
    Ffs - I just clicked on it by mistake and now there's 5 more. I was trying to do some moderation investigation but please bear with me in my early days. @i_b_b_o_r_g is gonna have a field day when he sees this

Apologies @WhenIwasLittleBoy
  • Options
    Will be breaking the boycott for this to pay respects to PC Palmer. Hope all that can go do the same
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Two of us breaking the boycott for this one as well. We should invite London to come and pay tribute. Come on Evening Standard - advertise it on your website, Betdaq - sponsor it on your gaming site.
  • Options

Two of us breaking the boycott for this one as well. We should invite London to come and pay tribute. Come on Evening Standard - advertise it on your website, Betdaq - sponsor it on your gaming site.

Once Charlton announce their plans get it on social media everywhere.
  • Options
    This is the perfect opportunity for both sides to "come together" for the evening

Boycotters, to fill the stands and give him a fitting Valley send off
    The club, to not profit from the extra tickets sold, and pass the extra revenue to his family.

That game will be a high profile event, let's do Keith proud.
  • Options
    What a wonderful tribute to try and fill the ground. I will try and get my family who have stopped going to attend this game. It would mean a lot to respect one of our own who died defending our democracy against that evil fanatic.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!