Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England U21's last night

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Great result last night, 2-0 away to Germany, with Scott Carson keeping another clean sheet.

Also saw part of why Theo Walcott was taken to the World Cup - came on as sub with about 13 mins to go, and scored the 2 England goals. Both well taken goals, full of composure and confidence. Dont want to jump on the bandwagon, but there's something very Thierry Henry about him.....

Comments

• Options
    BANDWAGON -Nonsense you say what you like He was electric, impressive the lot.
  • Options
    Why didn't Sven play him?????
  • Options
    Scott's handling looked suspect all night in my opinion
  • Options
    [cite] Arfur:[/cite]BANDWAGON -Nonsense you say what you like He was electric, impressive the lot.

I just think saying he's the new Thierry Henry is taking things a bit far Arf..... do you agree? He was very impressive last night but how many minutes has he played at that level or for Arsenal's first 11? Need to see more of him, but I'm sure we won't have to wait long for that......
  • Options
    Disturbing reports of racial abuse of our players not by German Fans but by German players. What is going on with football these days.
  • Options
    [cite] WestStandSinger:[/cite]Scott's handling looked suspect all night in my opinion

Don't know what he was doing..... routine stops when he was grounded, but spilt most of them - however, the spill was only a few inches in front of him every time so he had no issues recovering it. It happened so often it was almost like he was doing it deliberately!

One thing that can't be moaned about was his distribution and kicking, especially under pressure.
  • Options
    [cite] Ketman:[/cite]Disturbing reports of racial abuse of our players not by German Fans but by German players. What is going on with football these days.

That has no place in football these days. Fair play to our players subjected to the abuse though, kept their heads and rose above it. These days, I more enjoy watching the U21's than the seniors. More confidence, better tactics, more passion...... All that despite having the head stripey nigel as their manager ;-)

Looking forward to the U21's European Championship in the summer.
  • Options
    Medders - he looked the mutts nuts mate. And you won't be the last likening him to Henry
  • Options
    In the first leg he was annonymous as the Germans didn't have to push forward leaving miles of space at the back for the ball to get put over the top... Two very impressive goals, really well taken but the game was fragmented and ideal for anyone with pace to go through. Reo Coker missed two 1 on 1's at the same stage as did Young. If he does it in other games i might start to sit up and get excited but he still has a lot of learning to do.