Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Germany v England

124»

Comments

• Options

Ward Prowse is a great little player. Glad to see he's already decidedly not good enough after 15 minutes.

Agree, whilst i don't remember him touching the ball I wouldn't say he's not good enough at all.
  • Options

Ward Prowse is a great little player. Glad to see he's already decidedly not good enough after 15 minutes.

I remember him giving the ball away twice in two touches and somebody struggling to get in the Southampton side, is not going to become an England regular. Despite his age. He is not quick enough and not technically good enough to play International football.

IMHO. Not just from 15 minutes, but plenty of Under 21 games and plenty of Match of the Day highlights too.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    supaclive said:

I remember him giving the ball away twice in two touches and somebody struggling to get in the Southampton side, is not going to become an England regular. Despite his age. He is not quick enough and not technically good enough to play International football.

IMHO. Not just from 15 minutes, but plenty of Under 21 games and plenty of Match of the Day highlights too.
    He's missed eight games all season? - Thats from their whole League / FA Cup / League Cup / Europa League campaign.

Thats not someone struggling to get into a side!!

Plus how can you judge someone from Match of the Day Highlights...? - Really does baffle me especially when it was mentioned (as he was coming on) that he was Southgate's Captain for the U21's during the Toulon Tournament last summer.

So based on all that its no surprise he's been called up to the Senior Squad.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Not technically good enough? his range of passing is excellent.

Started 24 of the 34 games he's appeared in this season.

And he's been consistently good for England U21, so we must watch a different game.
  • Options

supaclive said:

Not technically good enough? his range of passing is excellent.

Started 24 of the 34 games he's appeared in this season.

And he's been consistently good for England U21, so we must watch a different game.
    Started just 2/3 of the games he's appeared in. Many players captained the U21s and didn't make it in the full squad.

IMHO he's not good enough.

• Options

So which one is the organiser is it Chris or the chap who's name escapes me with the beard ?

Neither - I know them chaps as was with them at times but I'm not one of them.
  • Options
    What were England singing?

Was is just 10 German bombers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39370763

Is that your flag @MillwallFan :wink:

• Options

Nah, my mates brother. Took his boy out there.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

Tbh there was only one redinition of the bombers song before their goal. Up until then it was all about going to Moscow. After the goal the atmosphere changed and turned towards those types of songs. Sore losers.
  • Options

Tbh there was only one redinition of the bombers song before their goal. Up until then it was all about going to Moscow. After the goal the atmosphere changed and turned towards those types of songs. Sore losers.
    Fair enough, I had it on the tv and the only song that REALLY came across was don't take me home
  • Options
    Just got in. Fantastic trip. Stayed in Düsseldorf, great place.
  • Options
    Thought England were alright. A friendly 15 months out from a tournament against a big side is a great time to try out new players and a new formation. Think 3-4-3 could work well given that Rose and Walker really need space to run into (especially Walker) to be effective in an attacking sense. Lallana and Dele behind a forward is quite exciting, especially if that forward is an in form Harry Kane.

Livermore and Keane were decent. In an ideal world, for me, it'd be Chalobah and Joe Gomez getting their first England starts, as both are younger and have far bigger upsides. But that's not how international football works out.

Replace Keane with Stones, Henderson for Livermore, Rose for Bertrand (who was very solid), and Kane for Vardy and I think you have a decent side.

Lastly, on JWP, he's 22. It oftentimes feels like English players peak in their early '20s (in part due to the physical nature of the English game), but as a central/holding midfielder, he still has a lot of time to learn. And he is technically very decent, with a good range of passing. He's a player I would really like to see play abroad at some point in his career. Like Carrick and Huddlestone before him, I think his range of passing and vision would stand him in good stead, and I think it would help improve him tactically and his reading of the game.
  • Options

Leave off.
  • Options
    Interesting stuff re the chants/sings and it will always divide opinion.

To some, it will be just 'bants' and a bit of harmless fun.

To others, it will be just another example of that English football mob mentality, where a large minority believe that the acceptable behaviour is to take over a European town/city, start drinking alcohol (that they can't handle) at stupid o'clock in the morning coz 'they can' and 'we're English', fight amongst each other, then move on to the ground and sing archaic songs celebrating events in which millions either lost their lives or were persecuted!

New track by Depeche Mode on their new album 'Spirit' called 'Going Backwards' kind of sums it up for me. But then I guess I just don't do 'bants'!!

We are not there yet
    We have not evolved
    We have no respect
    We have lost control
  • Options

the Irish sing - james mcclean he told the north go fuck yourself, and he hates the queen - passed up as a bit of craic.

the scottish - were on the piss in Trafalgar square at 7am left a mess and flashing there cocks and asses all day, boo during the english national anthem.

mainly eastern european teams - make monkey noises and throw bananas on the pitch when black players play.

granted england away does attract some knobheads, but singing 10 german bombers is not offensive to me neither would i be embarassed by it not a chance - both my grandads fought in world war 2 and 2 of my great uncles died in it.

I see that song as a credit to the RAF who defended Britain at its most desperate hour... Am sorry but if that offends other Nations then should we stop all future Memorial Events that happen in memory of the fallen in case that offends the Nations we fought too?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I do wonder whether people will moan about wembley being like a library on Sunday due to having no atmosphere and 10 minutes of Mexican's waves.

My favorite observation was down to the lack of songs about individual players. Would everyone be much happier to hear generic songs about Jamie Vardy scoring when he wants?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I do wonder whether people will moan about wembley being like a library on Sunday die to having no atmosphere and 10 minutes of Mexican's waves.

My favorite observation was down to the lack of songs about individual players. Would everyone be much happier to hear generic songs about Jamie Vardy scoring when he wants?

I always get the impression that modern day Wembley is how a lot of people want Football to be... Its a shame because I fell in love with the game partly due to the passion and atmosphere at games yet there are people out there who are sucking this from the Sport!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I think @Palarsehater hit the nail on the head though...

I know our FA dont have any control over the Associations of other countries but why again is it a British Association (same with the Poppy almost) getting moaned at for its fan behaviour when there are other Nations (especially the one that has got the next World Cup) out there that are getting away with racist actions which are 100x worse than a few history lesson songs
  • Options

Typical media bullshit didn't have much negativity to say about the players so moved onto the fans. Most of them weren't even out there. A couple of renditions of fuck the Ira and one ten German bombers. Every German I spoke to was joining in with the ten German bombers.

Had a great sing along with 5 German guys in Lille during the Euro's to that. All in great spirits and they loved it, even stood and had a beer with them for a while.
  • Options
    @Ormiston Addick whats so funny??
  • Options
    Germans have proper personality and bants , something we could all learn from .
    Having the ability to laugh at ones self is a diminishing act in today's angry society .
  • Options
    I would of thought that with all that has been going on lately that football supporters singing silly songs would be way down the list of things to moan about.