Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Your Club's Worst Player" - FourFourTwo magazine

Charlton (Yohann Thuram-Ulien)

By Matias Grez (@matias_grez)

The name alone is enough to send a shiver down spines – Thuram-Ulien quickly proved that he and cousin Lillian don't share a single strand of footballing DNA.
Thuram-Ulien quickly proved that he and cousin Lillian don't share a single strand of footballing DNA
He isn’t just named here for his inability to even slightly resemble a competent professional goalkeeper, but for what he symbolises under the current Roland Duchatelet regime too. According to reports, former manager Chris Powell was ordered to play him (by Duchatelet, of course) ahead of Ben Hamer for four matches (results: L3 D1). After that he went AWOL, refusing to travel to a game at Leeds in a huff at not being played regularly.
In truth, any number of signings from Duchatelet's European network could have taken the crown. But for his sheer incompetence it has to be Thuram-Ulien – not even Powell’s replacement, the Duchatelet yes man Jose Riga, thought he was good enough.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/your-clubs-worst-player-ever-voted-fans?page=0,5#Ro9rSFOAf0tSwROc.99

Comments

• Nice.
    Although, we beat QPR with him in goal. (not draw as above)
  • He played the 1-0 win against QPR tbf
  • Probably not our worst player ever but has become the poster boy for the "better players" signed that January.
  • I would put Lepoint ahead of him.
  • This is the joy of the Duchatelet reign, there are just so many to choose from. Mine would probably be Christophe LePoint, you didn’t realise how bad he was until he was pushed up front towards the end of a few games, and he got even worse. And what about Relegation Rog, summoned from a beach in Goa for an eighteen month contract. I just hope a few years down the line we’ll be all laughing at this, I’m not now, and with Mowgli still uncovering the likes of Romuald Lacazette maybe a few more contenders are still on their way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine Lepoint going one on one with Thuram...
  • Leuth said:

He played the 1-0 win against QPR tbf

His only regret in his time with us
  • Ross said:

Leon Cort voted Burnley's.

What was their loss was definitely our gain.

That is crazy.
  • For his "performance" alone away at Middlesbrough he deserves this award.........unbelievable that he was ever picked again after that nonsense.
  • Clearly you've all mentally managed to block out Danny Seabiscuit.
  • Amdy Faye. It isn't even close.
  • I'd like to know who gave their opinions for some of these.

i.e. How can Crystal Palace fans feel that one of their Premier League players is the worst... At least with Amdy Faye and the Blackpool choice they got their respective clubs relegated!!
  • RJ - don't like him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shows how bad we are when Ralph Milne isn't even considered...
  • dizzee said:

RJ - don't like him.

Actually I'll go with this. The bloke is not only a shit player but he comes across as a shit human being.

This
  • Personally, while the signing of Thuram was nonsense, there's others who stand out more for me, such as Lepoint, Polish Pete and Sarr...

Indeed, as he was introduced as effectively the replacement for Yann, that surely must elevate PP!
  • Djimi Traore - Champions league to Champion Duffer. No he's not the worst ever but the medal hid a very poor defender.

The fella was probably not born when Ralphy wore a Charlton shirt.
  • edited March 2017
    Martin Cranie gets my vote ; Seabourne up there
  • surely Pouso must get a mention - 20 mins on the pitch & never touched the ball. A sunday league player would have done better.
  • Djimi Traore - Champions league to Champion Duffer. No he's not the worst ever but the medal hid a very poor defender.

When we signed him i was in Spain on holiday.
    I looked at the Liverpool website for some information on him and guess what.
    He was voted their worse ever signing.
    Almost fcud up me holiday
  • Thuram only appeared 4 times. At least pick someone who played over 20 games if you want to have a decent argument

Good examples

Simon Francis
    Barry Endean
    Ralph Milne
    Amdy Faye