Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Martin McGuiness dead

13»

Comments

• I don't often speak ill of the dead but I'll make an exception in this case. The murdering bastard should have died in prison.
  • It's a tough one. A friend of the family was seriously injured during the troubles. A bomb in a pub in London. I didn't know that person but my nan did. My dad spent hours trying to get her to understand that we have to talk to him and his party to try and establish peace. She like some on here would want him to rot in hell. Personally I find it difficult that he should even of been involved in the peace process.
  • Condolences to his family, but as he never apologised or showed remorse he can rot in hell.

and dont tell me the ISA handed over all their weapons after the 1998 peace agreement. I bet their are a few fields in The Republic that have a few guns, ammo, etc buried in them.

Also, ever noticed there are no waste paper bins at London train stations, They were removed in the 80's as the IRA used to put parcel bombs in them. Never forget that as I worked in the City during that time. Don't know why they haven't been replaced now - maybe think other terrorist groups will do the same but it still rankles with me when I travel up to town & cant find a bin on the concourse - even outside McDonald's at Victoria Station

• Will those who have complained about Martin McGuinness say the same about Prince Charles or the Queen as commanders of an army that has blasted its way through history, invaded other countries, and murdered thousands of people in their own lands? You probably won't. As long as 'our glorious boys' are wearing their uniform in foreign countries that they don't belong in they are heroes. Anybody who resists them is a murderer.
  • *gets the popcorn*
  • edited March 2017
    centurion said:

Will those who have complained about Martin McGuinness say the same about Prince Charles or the Queen as commanders of an army that has blasted its way through history, invaded other countries, and murdered thousands of people in their own lands? You probably won't. As long as 'our glorious boys' are wearing their uniform in foreign countries that they don't belong in they are heroes. Anybody who resists them is a murderer.

May I be the first to say.....fuck off.
  • Another one who thinks the Queen can say, "Can you send round one of my soldiers and chop his head orf"
  • was a terrorist/freedom fighter whatever you wanna call it, the ira weren't far from being closed down so he went along the peace line to keep himself out of jail, you cant can hate like that, people may argue about there would be no ira without british troops over there, without people like mcguinness involved peace would of been achieved by both sides a lot earlier, come from a irish background and believe no tears would be shed by any of my relations murdering bastard and the likes of shane duffy and james mcclean ( Who should look up the birmingham pub bombings) hailing him a hero is a joke aswell.
  • edited March 2017
    another thing that does annoy me of times like this is the common misconception that anyone irish/catholic is pro ira/mcguinness which is also laughable.

• Sponsored links: