Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paypal

2»

Comments

• Options
    Problem with that example is you still have to remember the 4 words in the right order, and if you used the think bubble in the final panel as your memnomic you'd be typing "horse battery staple correct" and lock yourself out of your account.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    aliwibble said:

Problem with that example is you still have to remember the 4 words in the right order, and if you used the think bubble in the final panel as your memnomic you'd be typing "horse battery staple correct" and lock yourself out of your account.

Choose a mnemonic you would remember then as opposed to someone else's then.

parkerdebutburydraw

For example.
  • Options
    password1
  • Options
    PayPal username? This an official PayPal question, I am looking to verify your account details as I hear a server in Luxembourg has hacked your account.
  • Options
    Does your phone now auto save those details and ask to fill them in?

Username: I'm a sad prick
    Password: whogiv3sashit7£&

• Options

Does your phone now auto save those details and ask to fill them in?

Username: I'm a sad prick
    Password: whogiv3sashit7£&

Yeah, you should see my new driving license.
  • Options
    Whenever I use my Paypal account, I've got it set up to text me, telling me that a transaction has gone through with the amount. It usually with seconds, so I know if anyone else has been using it.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

After receiving today what seems to be my almost bi-monthly warning to say that someone has either hacked my account or attempted to hack my account with Paypal (which has zero in it, and has always had zero in it) - this doesnt fill me with confidence about ever using Paypal.

Get them weekly ... not genuine
    The thing is, i dont get phishing emails purporting to be from my bank to say my account has been hacked - why only from Paypal?
    You've been very lucky then.
  • Options

pickwick said:

Really; I have never had a warning from PayPal about attempted hacking, do you have easy to replicate passwords?

This.

Out of curiosity, what is your password?
    No response, clever man. Must come from good stock....What's your mother's maiden name?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep getting emails from Paypal asking me to confirm my mob no., deleted, never had a Paypal account
  • Options
    HMRC one was bloody convincing
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

HMRC one was bloody convincing

The giveaway in that case is that it is coming as an email. Going by how slow the HMRC seems to operate, I'm pretty sure they still do everything using pen and paper and typewriter.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

After receiving today what seems to be my almost bi-monthly warning to say that someone has either hacked my account or attempted to hack my account with Paypal (which has zero in it, and has always had zero in it) - this doesnt fill me with confidence about ever using Paypal.

Get them weekly ... not genuine
    The thing is, i dont get phishing emails purporting to be from my bank to say my account has been hacked - why only from Paypal?

No, the thing is: The email isn't from Paypal. As others have mentioned the wouldbe hacker hopes you have a Paypal account and will respond. Choosing a Bank will cut off probably 80% of possible respondents immediately as they bank with institutes. Banks wouldn't send out emails like this as it would scare customers to even consider someone is rinsing their account.
  • Options
    Oh phishing scammers pretend to be Banks as well. I've had emails purporting to be from Natwest, Barclays and Lloyds before now (the most entertaining one was the one that couldn't spell Lloyds in the message subject), but as paypal use has grown they're probably a bigger market to try to tap into.
  • Options
    iainment said:

vff said:

Never had a problem with PayPal. I do have a long & complicated password though. Maybe that helps.

If I am not sure about any contact from a company, I don't use the email link but make sure of the official address & type in the exact address in the search address title space at top of page. Not an expert at all.

My email collects lots of spam claiming to be from PayPal though, along with notices about Barclays, NatWest, Amazon & lots of other accounts I don't have. It is a bit of Phising.

Passwords. What is the best way to set one. Totally random letters and figures. So you have to write it down or store it on an email.
    Or something you can remember that isn't too obvious.
    Think of your favourite song, book poem or whatever, take individual letters/numbers and/or shuffle them around. etc. Capitalize some or change to numbers A/4 for example. Works for me.

Also try and associate the password with the application, but not too obvious.

• Options
    iainment said:

vff said:

Never had a problem with PayPal. I do have a long & complicated password though. Maybe that helps.

If I am not sure about any contact from a company, I don't use the email link but make sure of the official address & type in the exact address in the search address title space at top of page. Not an expert at all.

My email collects lots of spam claiming to be from PayPal though, along with notices about Barclays, NatWest, Amazon & lots of other accounts I don't have. It is a bit of Phising.

Passwords. What is the best way to set one. Totally random letters and figures. So you have to write it down or store it on an email.
    Im using something called 1Password.

It's an App that's fully encrypted with a master password (or finger print) where I keep all of my passwords and anything else I want to keep secure (bank cards and pins etc).

You can get it to generate a totally random password for you to use (if you wish) for each account.

It's a bit of a pain to set up.....but once done it's really handy to have all login info etc secure and available in your phone.
  • Options

Im using something called 1Password.

It's an App that's fully encrypted with a master password (or finger print) where I keep all of my passwords and anything else I want to keep secure (bank cards and pins etc).

You can get it to generate a totally random password for you to use (if you wish) for each account.

It's a bit of a pain to set up.....but once done it's really handy to have all login info etc secure and available in your phone.

Until one day, when the app has a million users, the geek behind setting it up fleeces you all!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The amount of times I have seen people unlock their phones with a numerical four digit password and wonder if that's their debit card PIN number
  • Options

iainment said:

vff said:

Think of your favourite song, book poem or whatever, take individual letters/numbers and/or shuffle them around. etc. Capitalize some or change to numbers A/4 for example. Works for me.

That's what's I do, I use Valley flyod road as my password. But what catches everyone out is, it has to be typed in at the correct speed. No one has got it right yet. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T.C.E said:

iainment said:

vff said:

That's what's I do, I use Valley flyod road as my password. But what catches everyone out is, it has to be typed in at the correct speed. No one has got it right yet. ;)
    Or spelt correctly.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

With or without the typo? :-)
  • Options
    Can't remember which film it was where they got the password right, but failed because the (i think bad guy) always made sure to type it in wrong the first time.

It's bugging me now. Can anyone help before I spend time on Google looking for it?
  • Options

T.C.E said:

iainment said:

vff said:

Or spelt correctly.
    aliwibble said:

T.C.E said:

With or without the typo? :-)
    Hummble appollogies tooo you both, fatt ffinggers. ;)