Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield United v Charlton 2017 post match views

Comments

• Options
    Sounded like we were good just lacking that bit of quality at both ends.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

And the bits in between!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I just watched the goals on the Sky site. Pathetic goals given away.

The first goal, Konsa didn't even make the slightest attempt to stop the cross coming in. He couldn't even be arsed to hang his leg out to attempt a block, God forbid he should have attempted a proper block.
    The striker then headed in the ball unchallenged.

The second goal, Chicksen did little better than Konsa. No attempt to block the cross, although he was further away.

Rudd then spills the ball again, so that's 3 recent games he's literally given a goal to the opposition.

I'm very disappointed with Rudd's handling of late.
  • Options

The first goal, I'm pretty sure it's Aribo, who didn't even make the slightest attempt to stop the cross coming in. He couldn't even be arsed to hang his leg out to attempt a block, God forbid he should have attempted a proper block.

The second goal, Chicksen did little better than Aribo, no attempt to block the cross, although he was further away.

Rudd then spills the ball again, so that's 3 recent games he's literally given a goal to the opposition.

Aribo wasn't playing, so likely to be Konsa or possibly Byrne that you are talking about.
  • Options
    Just checked - Konsa.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    All joking aside, we could get relegated.
  • Options

If Robinson gets to build a squad in the close season he will be the first to have been given a chance to do so since this shower arrived. I don't much like the look of the table though. Could be preparing for League 2 in August. Thanks Roly.

If the club's sold he will be gone with the "deadwood." If we aren't, he will see anyone we can sell flogged off and anyone big wage earners we can lose, lost. He will get a fraction of the proceeds and savings with which to bring in a load more League One/Two players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

The first goal, I'm pretty sure it's Aribo, who didn't even make the slightest attempt to stop the cross coming in. He couldn't even be arsed to hang his leg out to attempt a block, God forbid he should have attempted a proper block.

The second goal, Chicksen did little better than Aribo, no attempt to block the cross, although he was further away.

Aribo wasn't playing, so likely to be Konsa or possibly Byrne that you are talking about.
    Yes, thanks. I thought it looked like Konsa, but had a number 30 something on his back, so thought it must have been Aribo. I'll correct my post. I'm well behind, as I only got back from Cheltenham early afternoon.
  • Options
    If the club's sold he will be gone with the "deadwood." If we aren't, he will see anyone we can sell flogged off and anyone big wage earners we can lose, lost. He will get a fraction of the proceeds and savings with which to bring in a load more League One/Two players.
    Flag Quote · 1Like LOL

sAD, BUT TRUE.
  • Options
    Or, sad but true.
  • Options

Never seen so few post match comments by 6pm, thanks Roland, you are the ultimate vinegar pisser.

This. It's not as if there was a big rugby match on the tv to distract everybody's attention...
  • Options

Never seen so few post match comments by 6pm, thanks Roland, you are the ultimate vinegar pisser.

This. It's not as if there was a big rugby match on the tv to distract everybody's attention...
    Are you trying to become the No 1 Apologist on CL ?

You're certainly putting in a great effort.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Everybody's attention?! Some of us have taste

I take it you hail from one of the lesser rugby home nations then...
  • Options

PARAS (Posting After Reading All Submissions) (Coz I can without letting other posts influence me!!).

Good first half; not so good second half. Token gesture by that manager type character, in his MacLean white 'look at me' trainers and ill fitting training top, to attempt to thank fans at end.

That's it really. All very depressing. However, Depeche Mode's new album will cheer you up.

Amazingly, I am listening to it right now. I don't know about cheer you up. They sound as angry as we are. Good though, and I have never been a fan.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

cfgs said:

And the bits in between!
    True. I should accept reality and stop trying to be positive.
  • Options

If RD is still here next season Robinson won't be allowed to put together a squad for promotion, if RD isn't here next season then neither will Robinson be.

Exactly. He'll get half a squad as usual and we'll be missing decent players in key positions, just as every season prior.
  • Options
    We're not going down. More of the same next season.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Agree. Sheffield top of the league; what did anyone expect today? We won't go down. Next year is a different proposition. If Douchebag is still here, like many Lifers, I genuinely fear for the future. KR want's Rudd to stay but it is not up to him. If Norwich decide to sell I doubt whether the Belgian loon will pay the asking price - and besides, if a Championship side comes calling and you were in Rudd's position, what would you do?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    We are nowhere near safe. Most of the teams below us have 8 games left to our 7. Port vale have 10 left. Those teams get an average of 1 point for their games in hand and we are 3 points above relegation.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Redskin said:

Agree. Sheffield top of the league; what did anyone expect today? We won't go down. Next year is a different proposition. If Douchebag is still here, like many Lifers, I genuinely fear for the future. KR want's Rudd to stay but it is not up to him. If Norwich decide to sell I doubt whether the Belgian loon will pay the asking price - and besides, if a Championship side comes calling and you were in Rudd's position, what would you do?

I think Rudd's a free agent at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Kids were bored senseless but enjoyed Annie's song. United fans complimentary after the game. Shows you what garbage this league is.
  • Options
    My bet on us to go down has a cash out value once again.
  • Options
    WSS said:

SDAddick said:

WSS said:

Played bloody well in my opinion. Better side.

Played bloody well and got no bloody points.
    With a couple additions and getting players fit I think we should be decent next season.
    Is this a comment from 2013, 2014, 2015 or last year?
    Unless RD sells, next season...