Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield United v Charlton Athletic. Saturday 18th March 2017, 3pm KO. MATCH THREAD

Good afternoon everybody.
RedMidland is globetrotting, PaddyP17 is away lost in music.
So that leaves me, and I very much hope JiMMy85. to get things going.
The idea is that JiMMy85 reports from our perspective, and is the mainstay. I report the action as described by the Blades lot, including their comments on us. The ideal outcome is that our updates compliment each-other, but lagging, and other instant sources, and certainly my slowness, makes it rather hit and miss.
Look on Jimmy and me as a new pairing up front, with Jimmy in the Derek Hales role.
Anybody who can stick the teams up, go ahead.

Comments

• Options

Good work, Seth and JiMMy85.

I'll be following from damp, grey and gloomy Cornwall, me loverrrrr.

• Options
    Callumcafc as ever a star, well for me anyway as I don't have twitter, oops facebook...twitter or facebook!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Callumcafc as ever a star, well for me anyway as I don't have twitter, oops facebook...twitter or facebook!

Nothing in comparison to the mammoth job you guys do relaying the comms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pleased that it seems we are going with two up top
  • Options
    If Sheffield United score early I fear for our chances of avoiding a thrashing.
  • Options
    Muggins over here overslept by an hour and a half...only to wake up and realize that because we set our clocks forward last weekend kick-off is at 8am not 7am! Get.In.

I think before anyone asks, it's safe to assume the skipper cannot play twice in 3-4 days.

Decent team. Very good to have Konsa and JFC back in midfield. Think the season might have gone differently had we had them there more often.

Could be a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 diamond
    Rudd
    Byrne Bauer Tex Chicksen
    ..........Ulves....Konsa
    Holmes.....JFC....Watt
    ................Novak
    or
    Rudd
    Byrne Buaer Tex Chicks
    ..........Konsa
    .....Ulvs..........JFC
    .........Holmes
    ..Novak.........Watt

Is Aribo injured?
  • Options
    Logging in at 19.45 here in Delhi from my phone in restaurant. Need 3 points, but sadly cant see it. RD to sell soon I hope.
  • Options
    I assume Joe Aribo is injured.
  • Options

4-4-2 diamond according to KR

----------Rudd

Byrne Teixeira Bauer Chicksen

---------Ulvestad

------Konsa-----JFC

----------Holmes

--------Novak Watt

Really like to look and athleticism of that side.

Surprised Konsa isn't the one sitting with Ulvestad and Forster-Caskey on the right and left.

Easily adaptable to a nice, fluid 3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2

Rudd
    Bauer Konsa Tex
    Byrne Ulvestad Forster-Caskey Chicksen
    Holmes
    Watt Novak

A positive team, hopefully they have the discipline and defensive nous to contain Sheffield United.

Feeling really positive so going for an entertaining 2-1 victory.
  • Options
    Quite like that team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gonna be another entertaining evening watching Arsenal Fan TV....
  • Options
    KR isn't always the most honest on the talks describing the team. I could see Konsa sitting and Ulvestad on the right. Or JFC sitting and Konsa or Ulvestad on the left. Would be surprised if it's Ulvestad sitting, but we'll see. Good, athletic, and talented midfield though.
  • Options
    Konsa when he plays in midfield, seems to play more of a Jordan Cousins role, than a sitting role in front of the back 4. Maybe it's because KR wants to make the most of his energy?
  • Options
    I hate all this diamond formation /41212 stuff - someone tell KR that its not like netball where you are only allowed to go in certain areas - football is a fluid game & players move around
  • Options
    Good afternoon all. With the whiff of change in the air giving us all a (tentative) lift, it'll be interesting to see if that hope leads to a more positive Charlton experience, on the match thread as much as anywhere, over the next few hours....

• Options
    Dear Karl
    Please get someone to deny Duffy the space that he craves.
    If you need any more advice please don't hesitate to get in touch.
  • Options
    Player for player I don't see how they're any better than us. So it's all about organisation. KR, let's see it
  • Options
    My fear is fannying around at the back, especially early on, if in doubt put it out, or if under pressure boot it long to Novak.
    Mind you Basham is a really good central defender, and he likes a trademark surge forward too. Novak will have to be up for a battle today.
    Holmes is our hope of doing any damage, although i would like to think Watt might 'come good', especially at Sheffield United!
  • Options
    442 diamond again

A lot on Ulvested's shoulder but confident we can win

2 - 1 Addicks
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!