Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

City Addick's reforming?

Comments

• Options
    come on chaps and chapesses... also any suggestions for meetings?
  • Options
    Liverpool Street - Dirty Dicks?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    The Boot and Flogger just off Southwark Street. Right near London Bridge for easy access home for most and has a basement I assume could be reserved for a group just not sure of size/layout but a decent little boozer (assuming you meant suggestions of venues).
  • Options
    @Norman_Smith can get you a venue in the city but might be too high class
  • Options
    The Lamb in Leadenhall has quite a good upstairs area. Or the Ship in Hart Street (near Fenchurch St) has a good upstairs room with its own bar
  • Options
    I think venues ok I meant the shape of events..
  • Options
    Still more fb likes needed pls
  • Options
    razil said:

I think venues ok I meant the shape of events..

Oops haha
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Grateful for all ideas though of course (including venue) :)
    First act Sue Parkes and the Morris dancers?
  • Options

The Boot and Flogger just off Southwark Street. Right near London Bridge for easy access home for most and has a basement I assume could be reserved for a group just not sure of size/layout but a decent little boozer (assuming you meant suggestions of venues).

I had lunch there on Monday. I've always liked that place.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    Back to working in London again after a couple of years in the wilds of Sidcup, so count me in.
  • Options
    Garry Nelson was moaning that he hadn't been invited to a City Addicks for a while the other day.
  • Options
    ill drop him a line
  • Options
    London Bridge!

Any chance of finding a venue next door to my flat?

Let me know the date, I may be interested.
  • Options
    Can you keep me updated about this Barnie, I would like to come along if ok
  • Options
    Yep,I'm in :)
  • Options
    definitely interested in this, however the 18th Oct is the Bexley Grammar open evening where I'll be with my eldest
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Can you keep me updated about this Barnie, I would like to come along if ok

it's City Addicks for a reason, clue in the title mate ;-))

• Options
    edited September 2017
    sorry @LargeAddick will go back to plouging my field, looks like @Bedsaddick and our sisters/cousins will have to arrange our own meeting and then march on the city, pitchforks ablaze!!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

sorry @LargeAddick will go back to plouging my field, looks like @Bedsaddick and our sisters/cousins will have to arrange our own meeting and then march on the city, pitchforks ablaze!!

actually would be good to have a brief chat about our next trip to the WW1 Battlefields
  • Options
    revision: the 18th hasn't worked out, new date likely to be 10th October, in the Grapes Leadenhall market

Will confirm asap
  • Options
    razil said:

revision: the 18th hasn't worked out, new date likely to be 10th October, in the Grapes Leadenhall market

Will confirm asap

Landlord is a Charlton nut

• Options
    Swisdom said:

razil said:

Will confirm asap

Landlord is a Charlton nut

So I hear.

Coincidence to find a venue in the city who's landlord is an Addick
  • Options
    Marvellous, my local.

Mick the guvnor is a Charlton fan
  • Options
    not sure if it has been mentioned but, I believe the landlord has a softspot for Charlton
  • Options

not sure if it has been mentioned but, I believe the landlord has a softspot for Charlton

Where did you hear that?
  • Options

Don't believe it. If he was proper Charlton he'd have renamed the pub to the Railway Tavern or the Train Shed.