Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Twiglets

Comments

• Options
    Have I made this up or was there a Mr Bean Xmas special where he painted Marmite onto actual twigs?
  • Options
    I could sit and happily eat myself to death on either twiglets, honey roasted peanuts or Bombay mix.
  • Options
    Shitlets
  • Options

Back in the day, a feast of Guinness was all that was needed.

Isn't it time you changed your name to "dietcokeaddick" G?? :wink:
  • Options
    Not a fan of twiglets at all, best pub snacks are pork scratchings and salted peanuts imo.

Do like pubs that put out cheese and crackers (has to be ritz crackers) and roast potatoes on a a Sunday and of course a QUALITY sea food stall/traveling fish man adds a great deal to a public house
  • Options
    Numbers said:

Shitlets

Perpetual parody thread possibility.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Have I made this up or was there a Mr Bean Xmas special where he painted Marmite onto actual twigs?

No, that happened
  • Options
    I love Marmite but don't like Twiglets.
  • Options
    Can't stand them.

My top 5 would be:

Pork scratchings
    Cheddar cheese cubes
    Decent cocktail sausages (not drowned in honey or mustard or god forbid both)
    Roast potatoes
    Those little triangular potato things

http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20091222/Potato-Triangle-Snacks-1415860.jpg
  • Options

Same here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not a fan of twiglets at all, best pub snacks are pork scratchings and salted peanuts imo.

Do like pubs that put out cheese and crackers (has to be ritz crackers) and roast potatoes on a a Sunday and of course a QUALITY sea food stall/traveling fish man adds a great deal to a public house

They reckon that on an average lump of bar cheese, there's about 8 different specimens of piss on it (depending on how many people are in the boozer I spose).

• Options

Same here.
    Just dip them in Marmite. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Loved it when Peter use to put all the seafood out in The Horse on a Sunday afternoon, meant you couldn't taste everyone's piss that had contaminated it.
  • Options

Horrible disgusting pieces of dry synthetic flavoured shredded hardboard that have been soaked in camel piss and vinegar.

I'm intrigued as to how you know what hardboard soaked in camel piss tastes like.
    Simple really......by eating twiglets!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Get twigs, dip in Marmite. Who would know?
  • Options

They reckon that on an average lump of bar cheese, there's about 8 different specimens of piss on it (depending on how many people are in the boozer I spose).

In France maybe, I've yet to come across any pub in Thamesmead or Abbey Wood with free cheese and crackers at the bar
  • Options
    Eggs pickled in cloves chilli and garlic. Always finish off a beer festival with one. Lethal.
  • Options

You have to be there when they are put out, NEVER walk into a pub that has it all out at the bar already and dig in.
  • Options
    Same must go for those bowls of bombay mix in indian takeaways.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Get yourself down The Millers - a few of the woman have legs that look a bit like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Back in the day, a feast of Guinness was all that was needed.

Isn't it time you changed your name to "dietcokeaddick" G?? :wink:

I used to live in Guinness buildings.
  • Options

Horrible disgusting pieces of dry synthetic flavoured shredded hardboard that have been soaked in camel piss and vinegar.

Is that camel piss and camel vinegar, or camel piss and ordinary vinegar :smile:
  • Options

I could sit and happily eat myself to death on either twiglets, honey roasted peanuts or Bombay mix.

Bombay mix. Now you're talking.
  • Options

I hate Marmite but like Twiglets
  • Options
    kimbo said:

I hate Marmite but like Twiglets
    Weirdo!
  • Options

It's years since I've had a dish of prawns with pepper and vinegar alongside a pint. Are there any SE London pubs where the fish man still comes round?
  • Options

It's years since I've had a dish of prawns with pepper and vinegar alongside a pint. Are there any SE London pubs where the fish man still comes round?
    Not sure about SE London, but there's a couple of pubs near me that have a seafood being sold outside
  • Options

I'm intrigued as to how you know what hardboard soaked in camel piss tastes like.
    Simple really......by eating twiglets!
    Fallacious reasoning, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Eggs pickled in cloves chilli and garlic. Always finish off a beer festival with one. Lethal.

Especially for everyone sharing your enclosed mode of transport!!!
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Never seen one of those in a pub?
    The Bird in Hand in N13 has a kebab shop inside the pub.