Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Depeche Mode

2»

Comments

• Thanks for that. I meant to put a reminder up the other day.
  • Saw the gig in Prague last Wednesday - excellent!! And what a top city Prague is by the way!!

If you've got a ticket for Saturday at London Stadium you're in for a treat! See you there.
  • Im there Saturday with my Daughter .
  • I'll be there.
  • Gonna be there proper live band
    Gonna be superb .
  • Saw the gig in Prague last Wednesday - excellent!! And what a top city Prague is by the way!!

If you've got a ticket for Saturday at London Stadium you're in for a treat! See you there.

Just down the road from their native, Basildon. I bet they don't take their synths home on the train like they used to.
  • Playing at Parken in Copenhagen tomorrow night. My wife and I have tickets. Looking forward to it.
  • Will be there - crap venue but amazing band.
  • Will be there - crap venue but amazing band.

You also Cph based then?
  • No London Stadium! :-)

Bringing my binoculars
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm there Saturday.
  • Sorry to bump this old thread but I just want to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how good their latest album 'Memento Mori' is. I've been listening to it this week and absolutely love it. Thanks @RedRedRoosta and @fadgadget for mentioning it on another thread a month ago. I do think they're back to their best. There is no filler on the album - I got bored listening to their previous three albums and never got further than the first few tracks of each. This one is brilliant from start to finish. The last track 'Speak To Me' is magnificent. I feel sad listening to the album (especially this track) as its theme is about death and can't help but think of Fletch's shocking passing.  :'(

They are on tour in Europe and the US at the moment. Has anyone on here seen them live recently?Hopefully they'll release a DVD/Blu-ray for their live performances on this tour.
  • edited May 2023
    Jessie said:
    Sorry to bump this old thread but I just want to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how good their latest album 'Memento Mori' is. I've been listening to it this week and absolutely love it. Thanks @RedRedRoosta and @fadgadget for mentioning it on another thread a month ago. I do think they're back to their best. There is no filler on the album - I got bored listening to their previous three albums and never got further than the first few tracks of each. This one is brilliant from start to finish. The last track 'Speak To Me' is magnificent. I feel sad listening to the album (especially this track) as its theme is about death and can't help but think of Fletch's shocking passing.  :'(

They are on tour in Europe and the US at the moment. Has anyone on here seen them live recently?Hopefully they'll release a DVD/Blu-ray for their live performances on this tour.
    Memento Mori is definitely them back to their best work and My Cosmos is mine and Speak to me are incredible openers and closers. The only track I'm still a little unsure of is Always You and I absolutely adore Never Let Me Go, Before We Drown, Wagging Tongue and My Favourite Stranger.

My wife and I use a new tour as an excuse for a city break and have seen them in Hamburg (Exciter Tour), Barcelona (Playing The Angel Tour), Rome and Barcelona (Touring The Universe Tour) and NY Madison Square Garden (Spirit Tour) in 2017. Off to see them in Berlin in July. You'll have a great time and their current stage setup and setlist (No spoilers) has at least 4 tracks off MM and all the hits that you'll know and love. Only slight downer I found was that the crowd in the UK tend to be a little unenthusiastic and treat it as a casual night out - they certainly were at the London Stadium in 2017. Still definitely got it live though.

Memento Mori is a great tribute to Fletch.
  • Jessie said:
    Sorry to bump this old thread but I just want to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how good their latest album 'Memento Mori' is. I've been listening to it this week and absolutely love it. Thanks @RedRedRoosta and @fadgadget for mentioning it on another thread a month ago. I do think they're back to their best. There is no filler on the album - I got bored listening to their previous three albums and never got further than the first few tracks of each. This one is brilliant from start to finish. The last track 'Speak To Me' is magnificent. I feel sad listening to the album (especially this track) as its theme is about death and can't help but think of Fletch's shocking passing.  :'(

Memento Mori is definitely them back to their best work and My Cosmos is mine and Speak to me are incredible openers and closers. The only track I'm still a little unsure of is Always You and I absolutely adore Never Let Me Go, Before We Drown, Wagging Tongue and My Favourite Stranger.

My wife and I use a new tour as an excuse for a city break and have seen them in Hamburg (Exciter Tour), Barcelona (Playing The Angel Tour), Rome and Barcelona (Touring The Universe Tour) and NY Madison Square Garden (Spirit Tour) in 2017. Off to see them in Berlin in July. You'll have a great time and their current stage setup and setlist (No spoilers) has at least 4 tracks off MM and all the hits that you'll know and love. Only slight downer I found was that the crowd in the UK tend to be a little unenthusiastic and treat it as a casual night out - they certainly were at the London Stadium in 2017. Still definitely got it live though.

It's weird that such an iconic band is loved more in foreign countries than their homeland...

And I so envy you for having been to so many live shows of theirs!
  • Jessie said:
    Jessie said:

It's weird that such an iconic band is loved more in foreign countries than their homeland...

I Give you MESH ( From Bristol) , Saw them last night , first time in the UK for 6 years , they did not dissapoint , i can honestly say they have never put a Bum Album out , massive in Europe , relativley unknown in the UK despite having a 20 year career , i would go asfar for me being favourite above DM .
    I Will be there at Twickenham though . even though the london stadium did put me off , in all the Gigs over the years i have never come across such a concentration of Arseh**es in a small space that spoiled the day . 

• fadgadget said:
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:

I Give you MESH ( From Bristol) , Saw them last night , first time in the UK for 6 years , they did not dissapoint , i can honestly say they have never put a Bum Album out , massive in Europe , relativley unknown in the UK despite having a 20 year career , i would go asfar for me being favourite above DM .
    I Will be there at Twickenham though . even though the london stadium did put me off , in all the Gigs over the years i have never come across such a concentration of Arseh**es in a small space that spoiled the day . 

I was also at the MESH gig last night, first time I have seen them live as only got into them around 2016 and Looking Skywards album and was really impressed, tight set and good sound in a smallish venue, good night all round.
  • fadgadget said:
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:

I was also at the MESH gig last night, first time I have seen them live as only got into them around 2016 and Looking Skywards album and was really impressed, tight set and good sound in a smallish venue, good night all round.
    Vaughn George on Keyboards was only called into play a month ago , thought he done a great job