Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons game off. (25th March)

Comments

• Options

Garden of England is something that got lost in translation over time.
    It started as guardian of England because of the Kent coastline.
    Just saying

It's got green bits, flowers, insects, slugs faffing about all over it, rubbish strewn accross it, a homeless man once kipped in it and somewhere lost in the grass is a rusty wheelbarrow and broken child's trike.

Sounds like a garden to me.

• Options

All eyes on Port Vale v Shrewsbury on Friday night then as the mighty Valiants aim to cut the deficit to six points. Vale then go to Coventry on Tuesday and Walsall on the 25th. If we lose on Saturday and they pick up five or six points things will suddenly look much more dicey. On that basis you can see a case for calling off MK, although it's pathetic we're in this situation in the first place.

Walsall v Port Vale has been postponed according to BBC.
    Yes, just seen that. Wouldn't be hugely surprised if they beat Shrews and Coventry though. They have MK on the 28th.

The good news is they have Sheff United, Bolton and Fleetwood to play in their last four matches.

I actually think we will be fine, but it could close up alarmingly before we go to Posh on April 1st.
    I think we'll be fine to, but let's not be complacent.

My mind goes back to 1971/2 when our last eight games went LLLDLLD, and we had some resemblance to a normal football club back then.
  • Options
    My mind goes back to 1971/2 when our last eight games went LLLDLLD, and we had some resemblance to a normal football club back then.

Opps! last game lost 0-5 at Blackpool as well
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I assume Konsa will not play in all of these games.

Thu 23/03/17 TU4 England U20 15 : 00 Portugal U20
    Sat 25/03/17 TU4 France U20 17 : 00 England U20
    Tue 28/03/17 TU4 Senegal U20 14 : 30 England U20
  • Options
    Sorry, but that season still rankles with me to this day.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

MK....KM dons

Roland really should have just bought that club.

Well he wouldn't have had to sack Robinson...saving the dismissal of about 8 managers.

They could have done the experiment with little backlash from the fans as they are a not a proud club.

They probably would have welcomed Roland.

Roland and that club were a marriage made in heaven. I even think Sue Parkes would have got a season Ticket.

They have no history, that would please KM
  • Options
    Aaah, now I understand the DaSilva signing...
  • Options

Please stop reminding me of that particular day
    Always wondered about your name....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well at least the evening game is during the kids half term. Still rankles that we didn't have the Swindon away game postponed as well.............I bet Slade does too !!!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Aaah, now I understand the DaSilva signing...

Has DaSilva played any games for the Chelsea U19s since he joined us, as all he's played for us is 2 cameo sub appearances? He'll be glad to actually play a match again!
  • Options

All eyes on Port Vale v Shrewsbury on Friday night then as the mighty Valiants aim to cut the deficit to six points. Vale then go to Coventry on Tuesday and Walsall on the 25th. If we lose on Saturday and they pick up five or six points things will suddenly look much more dicey. On that basis you can see a case for calling off MK, although it's pathetic we're in this situation in the first place.

Charlton's goal difference is superior to the clubs in the relegation places. Always said to be worth an extra point.
  • Options

Nothing wrong with Faversham, Whitstable Town at home that day too. They do a great burger and more than 14 chips. Romantic dinner?

I never thought you'd ask.
  • Options

The origin of a lifer's username is always quite interesting to me @blackpool72 - now I think I know.

I was born in 1982 so didn't get to sample the delights of what my dad calls 'the free fall years'

He said we had some great players in the 70s, but like mistrollingin points out above, we had a few seasons where we looked relatively comfortable in mid table of our respective division, only to have some catastrophic implosion on the run in and either be relegated, or stay up by the skin of our teeth
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The origin of a lifer's username is always quite interesting to me @blackpool72 - now I think I know.

I was born in 1982 so didn't get to sample the delights of what my dad calls 'the free fall years'

He said we had some great players in the 70s, but like mistrollingin points out above, we had a few seasons where we looked relatively comfortable in mid table of our respective division, only to have some catastrophic implosion on the run in and either be relegated, or stay up by the skin of our teeth
    cabbles said:

What your dad told you cabbles is correct. Being disappointed and being a Charlton fan goes hand in hand sometimes.
    But this is the first time in fifty years of supporting Charlton that we have ever had an owner with absolutely no ambition for the club.
    But fingers crossed: )
  • Options
    edited March 2017

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

What your dad told you cabbles is correct. Being disappointed and being a Charlton fan goes hand in hand sometimes.
    But this is the first time in fifty years of supporting Charlton that we have ever had an owner with absolutely no ambition for the club.
    That's debatable, when you look at the Michael Gliksten period!
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Don't remind me either, cried my eyes out after that result. First relegation for me and I was an emotional teenager.
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

That's debatable, when you look at the Michael Gliksten period!
    I'd take him over this lot all day long.
    At least we had a united fanbase and were all pulling in the same direction
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Leuth said:

Faversham autocorrects to Diversify btw

How ironic

*Edit - Thought you said diversity
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

I can still remember coming out of the ground after a win in our 8th last game of the season. Stupidly I thought "that's us safe". If we'd got 3 points from the last 7 matches we would have been - we got 2 points.
  • Options
    Hex said:

cabbles said:

I can still remember coming out of the ground after a win in our 8th last game of the season. Stupidly I thought "that's us safe". If we'd got 3 points from the last 7 matches we would have been - we got 2 points.
    Well at least we can't be accused of being glory hunters
  • Options

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Awesome. As said elsewhere, taking Charlton Aesthetic (dormant) to Faversham for her birthday weekend so this means I won't miss our rousing run-in. Faversham autocorrects to Diversify btw

Faversham??? Why????????

Leuth said:

Awesome. As said elsewhere, taking Charlton Aesthetic (dormant) to Faversham for her birthday weekend so this means I won't miss our rousing run-in. Faversham autocorrects to Diversify btw

Faversham??? Why????????
    Garden of England mate
    Garden of England is something that got lost in translation over time.
    It started as guardian of England because of the Kent coastline.
    Just saying
    Eh? Where's that from? Granted, the motto 'Invicta' means Unconquered or similar, but it's generally accepted that the Garden of England term relates to Henry VIII after eating some cherries. Thereafter, due to the abundance of fruit and hops grown, the term stuck through the ages.

• Options
    POSTPONED | We can confirm that our fixture against @MKDonsFC on March 25th has been called off due to international call-ups. #cafc
  • Options
    Thought we'd had the last Tuesday night game this season...bastards.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    cafc-west said:

REARRANGED | Our fixture against @MKDonsFC at The Valley will be contested on Tuesday, April 4th (7.45pm) http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-mk-dons-rearranged-international-call-ups-3628926.aspx … #cafc
    Double bastards as its half term week and will be away! Unlike many I try not to miss any home games!
  • Options

POSTPONED | We can confirm that our fixture against @MKDonsFC on March 25th has been called off due to international call-ups. #cafc

International call ups. You'd never think we are a struggling League 1 side.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

I don't understand this. You'd rather we played with 4 first team squad players out, and lose, rather than have a full squad (including a fit Magennis, rather than an injured one), and possibly win?

I don't get some fans. (If that's your attitude, you can't be a "supporter"...)
  • Options
    Hopefully, not to many fans will be out of pocket due to this match being rearranged.
  • Options
    Bugger I just booked a campsite in Tewkesbury for the 4th