Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options
    No way will Mayweather throw it, he wants the 50-0
  • Options

bobmunro said:

I think there's a good chance that the fight will be set up for McGregor to win and then there will be a couple of astronomically lucrative rematches. If the odds justify it I'll bet accordingly.

Agreed . It's basically WWE so wouldn't think it beyond the possibility. Although this is a real legacy tarnisher. Not sure even Floyd would sell his legacy but you never know.
    50 and 0 means more to Mayweather than that - I can't for a second believe he would 'sell' that for a 49 and 1 record!
    Except the story would eventually come out that he'd set up a $200-500m payday by throwing a Mickey mouse fight at the end of his career. His fame would be enhanced to the point that people would still be talking about Floyd Mayweather and the McGregor fight in a 100 years time.
    Oh yes they would still be talking about it - but along the lines of Mayweather the phoney/cheat as against Mayweather one of the best PfP in history.

Still I suppose he wouldn't worry too much about what people may say in 100 years.
  • Options
    Haven't posted on here for this very reason but McGregor fan boys are beyond help. Floyd will be toying with him in the ring and you'll still be going on about how his unorthodox styles will win him it. Honestly I can't stand either of them but Mayweather is one of the best of all time whereas McGregor is the PR machine of a 'fairly' new and upcoming UFC scene that'll be forgotten in 10 years when the next bloke comes along.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

100% this. A proper fight

Most definitely - a proper fight.

Would have been there but it's come too early for my youngest to travel that far - my boxing buddies are going (gits!). We're planning to be in Vegas next May so hopefully the rematch!!

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Would have been there but it's come too early for my youngest to travel that far - my boxing buddies are going (gits!). We're planning to be in Vegas next May so hopefully the rematch!!

Hard enough getting Canelo in there once, you are optimistic.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Hard enough getting Canelo in there once, you are optimistic.
    More likely if GGG wins!
  • Options

Haven't posted on here for this very reason but McGregor fan boys are beyond help. Floyd will be toying with him in the ring and you'll still be going on about how his unorthodox styles will win him it. Honestly I can't stand either of them but Mayweather is one of the best of all time whereas McGregor is the PR machine of a 'fairly' new and upcoming UFC scene that'll be forgotten in 10 years when the next bloke comes along.

Spot on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we're going to have to hear sky try and claim this is a competitive fight for 3 weeks. :neutral:
  • Options
    I just don't get the excitement for this. The best boxer in the world, facing a guy who has never had a pro fight. Anyone paying £20 to watch this needs their head tested in my opinion
  • Options

I just don't get the excitement for this. The best boxer in the world, facing a guy who has never had a pro fight. Anyone paying £20 to watch this needs their head tested in my opinion

I'll be paying.

Wibble!

• Options
    It's not as if there's even a decent undercard. Latest rumoured fight is Mayweather's protege Gervonta Davis v Roman Martinez, a guy who's way past his best and has only won 5 of his last 10 fights.
  • Options
    like him or hate him mcgregor can set himself up for life with this, in that respect hes done well as ive driven through where he comes from and its not a great place, so to be making millions on the big screen is a good thing.
  • Options

It's not as if there's even a decent undercard. Latest rumoured fight is Mayweather's protege Gervonta Davis v Roman Martinez, a guy who's way past his best and has only won 5 of his last 10 fights.

Promising boxers padding out their record by fighting bums. Never!
  • Options
    Have to laugh at these McGreggor will set himself up for life comments. You clearly haven't been following his career and seen how much money he spends. He has even stated himself that he has an unhealthy obsession with spending money.
  • Options

Have to laugh at these McGreggor will set himself up for life comments. You clearly haven't been following his career and seen how much money he spends. He has even stated himself that he has an unhealthy obsession with spending money.

He'll make more from this 'fight' than he's done in his entire career so far, so yes it's probably fair to say it'll set him up very nicely.
  • Options
    It's going to be nonsense- but I'll still watch it !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ha ha
  • Options

It's has been agreed that they will use 8 oz gloves for the fight

Wow are we gonna see some children sparring?
  • Options
    Night night Floyd.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Night night Floyd.

Because?
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Night night Floyd.

Because?
    He's getting ktfo.
  • Options

8 ounce gloves is right up floyds street his speed will now destroy Connor this is even worse for McGregor

Agree. Surely FM has used 8oz for most of his career?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Night night Floyd.

Because?
    He's getting ktfo.
    Fancy a bet?