Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options

It was more a circus act than a proper boxing match, they even had a made up belt, ffs.

Can't see it happening again.

You can't see someone replicating the fight which made the most money in history? :smiley:
    No, I can't, cos it won't raise that much money again, imo.
    https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/news/mayweather-v-mcgregor-ppv-sales-destroyed-mayweather-v-pacquiao-record-dana-white-claims/news-story/986047fd45e1ac4e8c98b9ecd2080eb3

6.5m ppv sales. Pretty sure boxing promoter's will want to book Mcgregor again.
    According to Dana White. The man lies for a living.

Wait for the official numbers, anything the UFC releases is always false.
  • Options
    Just seen it for the first time on Sky.

I only watched from round 4......but Floyd may as well have been fighting me.

As said numerous times in this thread.....McG had zero power in those punches. They barely counted as arm punches.

Let's hope there are no more like this.
  • Options

Just seen it for the first time on Sky.

I only watched from round 4......but Floyd may as well have been fighting me.

As said numerous times in this thread.....McG had zero power in those punches. They barely counted as arm punches.

Let's hope there are no more like this.

It was fantastic! For proof look at the PPV numbers not the actual dogshit fight.
  • Options
    What does all this mean for McGregor's UFC career? I don't follow the sport so was just wondering. I mean I know he has no need to ever fight again given the payday, but will he retire now
  • Options
    cabbles said:

What does all this mean for McGregor's UFC career? I don't follow the sport so was just wondering. I mean I know he has no need to ever fight again given the payday, but will he retire now

If I'd just banked what he has, no way would I be looking to get kicked or elbowed in the jaw again any time soon
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    cabbles said:

He won't retire, there's no such thing as too much

Talking of money, as bad as the right was it made loads of it and when the likes of Tyson unbelievably claim it was an early stoppage you expect more of the same.

• Options
    cabbles said:

I honestly don't believe he is all about the money. He wants the fame more than that. Rumours are that the third Diaz fight is next to be announced but the hold up is Nate is wanting a huge payday, rightly so imo. For years these guys haven't been getting what they're worth so if anything McGregor has shown them what they can get paid in the sport.

There are still a few fights for him in MMA left. Unless someone new comes along I can't see him doing another 4 or 5 though.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Exactly. There's no end of flash wankers that I can listen to for free if that's what I want.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ego for many of the mugs who will have forked out for it.

Same as the Joshua and other such "events" at Wembley and O2...full of skinny jeaned only way is Essex types who would have no interest in local shows or ones at York Hall or most of the undercard (where you can actually get some cracking bouts) but will remortgage their house to be able to whack a poorly shot mobile phone video up on their social media with tags like "It's time! #bringit!" and other such guff as George Groves rides in on a double decker bus behind the latest grime artist whining on about the hardships of growing up in suburban Croydon.

Went to a Joshua fight a couple of years ago and Malinagi was fighting for his European title and there were about 5 of us watching him, a real good pedigreed boxer and likeable man (who ironically would probably now sell out the O2 for another McGregor circus after the recent months' pantomime) yet fast forward to the main events with the household names like Campbell at Joshua and the arena was mobbed with fake tanned quiffed morons cackling and clambering over each other to get a "selfie" with the ring 100 feet away.

Any miniscule doubt held by even the most deluded creationist that we evolved from apes would surely be annihilated after an evening spent in the millennium dome on big fight night.

In a nutshell essentially these are the cunts who will shell out hundreds to get the ego boost of the momentary awe and envy of their equally vacuous, gurning peers before heading off to marbs or dubai for a fortnight of insipid tweeting and venereal disease.

(Of course there are also fight fans who are just minted so it's a no brainer but I like to block out my mind to these bastards as I travel on a crowded train sipping 4th rate tepid coffee and banging out a rant on my shitty Samsung J3 who's antiquated auto correct seems to be a fucking conspiracy to ensure I arrive at work like a properly wound up Stressed Eric . The ducking aunts.).
    That's well said

And also the reason I have no interest in going to one of these shows

York Hall has been the stage for some great nights and seen some really good boxers there . for about 40 quid you get your moneys worth
  • Options

Same as the Joshua and other such "events" at Wembley and O2...full of skinny jeaned only way is Essex types who would have no interest in local shows or ones at York Hall or most of the undercard (where you can actually get some cracking bouts) but will remortgage their house to be able to whack a poorly shot mobile phone video up on their social media with tags like "It's time! #bringit!" and other such guff as George Groves rides in on a double decker bus behind the latest grime artist whining on about the hardships of growing up in suburban Croydon.

Went to a Joshua fight a couple of years ago and Malinagi was fighting for his European title and there were about 5 of us watching him, a real good pedigreed boxer and likeable man (who ironically would probably now sell out the O2 for another McGregor circus after the recent months' pantomime) yet fast forward to the main events with the household names like Campbell at Joshua and the arena was mobbed with fake tanned quiffed morons cackling and clambering over each other to get a "selfie" with the ring 100 feet away.

Any miniscule doubt held by even the most deluded creationist that we evolved from apes would surely be annihilated after an evening spent in the millennium dome on big fight night.

In a nutshell essentially these are the cunts who will shell out hundreds to get the ego boost of the momentary awe and envy of their equally vacuous, gurning peers before heading off to marbs or dubai for a fortnight of insipid tweeting and venereal disease.

(Of course there are also fight fans who are just minted so it's a no brainer but I like to block out my mind to these bastards as I travel on a crowded train sipping 4th rate tepid coffee and banging out a rant on my shitty Samsung J3 who's antiquated auto correct seems to be a fucking conspiracy to ensure I arrive at work like a properly wound up Stressed Eric . The ducking aunts.).
    At the UFC this year we had two women comfortably into their 60s and comfortably middle class drinking prosecco and politely applauding good take downs and strikes. One of the most bizarre things I've encountered!

Although people like McGregor may be good for the sport I would prefer it to be a niche sport to avoid the pond life that him and boxing attract. The ducking aunts.
  • Options

This is the best and most accruate post I have ever read on this site.
  • Options

Quality post and full of absolute truths.

That said, I go to many of the big events (and the small ones) but have never worn skinny jeans in my entire life!!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

This is the best and most accruate post I have ever read on this site.
    I have failed to find any errors in this post post of the decade
  • Options
    You'll love this...

Apparently the McGregor Hardy interview is going to be on....

Pay per a View! :smiley:
  • Options
    I'm going to this one.

Maybe I should get skinnier jeans.

#BringIt!!!!!!!
  • Options
    FFS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5”6 Mayweather vs 6”2 you tuber 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Turning the sport into a circus
  • Options
    Logan Paul is the guy who twice couldn't even beat another youtuber KSI.

Got zero fucking chance of even laying a glove on Mayweather.
  • Options
    It was more a circus act than a proper boxing match, they even had a made up belt, ffs. Can't see it happening again.
    You can't see someone replicating the fight which made the most money in history? :smiley:
    Worth bumping this thread as it was this fight that started the circus. Hopefully people will ignore it and it'll go away.
  • Options

Mayweather will play with him and make it look competitive so that he can have another one of these. If he KOs him in the first round, which he could easily do, it takes away any interest in further fights against YouTubers.
  • Options

Hes got as much chance as mcgregor, as thisl be a draw too.
  • Options
    I can't understand why anyone would pay for these types of fight.

Sadly they will though.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Hes got as much chance as mcgregor, as thisl be a draw too.
    The McGregor fight was a "professional" bout which Mayweather won.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Sadly they will though.
    Probably be the same type of people that Florentino Perez was thinking of for the ESL. The organisers thinking normal football/boxing doesn't hold their attention anymore
  • Options

Sadly they will though.
    Probably be the same type of people that Florentino Perez was thinking of for the ESL. The organisers thinking normal football/boxing doesn't hold their attention anymore
    Or aren't interested in boxing in the first place.