Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Options
    I think this happens, new UFC owners need to make a lot of money to pay the interest on their loans to buy the company. I reckon Conor will kick or elbow mayweather at some point or some kind of illegal in boxing but not mma technique
  • Options

Load of bollox it ain't gonna happen.
    Each would destroy the other in their own form of fighting.
    Plus niether would be stupid enough to challenge the other at his form of fighting

This is where I disagree, i think one of them is stupid enough!
    Not that stupid when you take into account the money involved.
  • Options
    PPV they can foxtrot oscar #notapennymore
  • Options
    Joke fight. As a boxer McGregor would struggle to win a southern area title
  • Options

He would get nowhere near an area title to have a chance.
  • Options

Based on?
  • Options
    He's a decent boxer. Not world level but I don't see how you could say he would struggle for a regional title.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

He's a decent boxer. Not world level but I don't see how you could say he would struggle for a regional title.

Simple because he is not as good a boxer or anywhere near as decent as regional title contender boxers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8kTW1ofejM
  • Options
    I remember Chris Eubanks Jr getting the better of Carl Froch in a sparring video...
  • Options

I remember Chris Eubanks Jr getting the better of Carl Froch in a sparring video...

Perhaps, but neither of them were as utterly appalling boxers as McGregor in that video. If his footwook, stance and generally pretty much everything in terms of boxing technique were as poor as that so recently he would not have got near an area title in boxing.

McGregor would struggle at top amateur boxing level and pretty much all boxers wouldn't fare too well in a top flight mma contest. Horses for courses. The whole notion of these bouts are almost as silly as the ensuing fanboy arguments about whether a dog would beat a shark at swimming and a wasp at catching sticks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Farce of a fight. The fact it will earn so much money just tells us how many absolute divs there are in the world.
  • Options

Perhaps, but neither of them were as utterly appalling boxers as McGregor in that video. If his footwook, stance and generally pretty much everything in terms of boxing technique were as poor as that so recently he would not have got near an area title in boxing.

McGregor would struggle at top amateur boxing level and pretty much all boxers wouldn't fare too well in a top flight mma contest. Horses for courses. The whole notion of these bouts are almost as silly as the ensuing fanboy arguments about whether a dog would beat a shark at swimming and a wasp at catching sticks.
    Ha, very true! Footwork is a lot different in MMA. I don't think anyone sane is suggestibg that McGregor has a chance of beating Mayweather in the square circle.
  • Options
    The funny thing is McGregor's footwork and 'ring/octagon craft' are some of his strongest tool. Just look at the Eddie Alvarez fight, the way he managed the distance between both of them was nothing short of perfection.

However his front on stance and use of movement just wont translate to a pure boxing match where there is never that worry that someone is going to shoot for the take down.
  • Options
    LOL - anyone who takes this seriously, do yourselves a favour and look - literally - at the very first frame of that YouTube video. The one that is frozen when you first look at the video. He looks like one of those drunk Russians you see on YouTube that have picked a fight with a local boxer and are just on the verge of getting tuned up. Obviously, the rest of the video is hilarious too, I just thought it was extra funny that the very first frame shows him looking like some bow-legged piss-artist about to get nighty-nighted.
  • Options

Plus niether would be stupid enough to challenge the other at his form of fighting

McGregor would make more in one night than he probably would in 2-3 years in the UFC one PPV's are taken into account.
    Mayweather picks up a lot of money for an expected easy victory.
  • Options

McGregor would make more in one night than he probably would in 2-3 years in the UFC one PPV's are taken into account.
    Mayweather picks up a lot of money for an expected easy victory.
    Unlikely. He will make a lot of money from this though.
  • Options
    The fight is a great one from a financial standpoint. Mayweather is burning through his money and for Connor it would set him up more than 10mma fights would.

As a boxing match it is a joke fight.
  • Options
    You guys can snort in a derisory fashion all you like at the prospect, but I don't know anybody who didn't enjoy this exhibition fight between two masters of their own domains.

https://youtu.be/e1_uCeBCYtU
  • Options

The fight is a great one from a financial standpoint. Mayweather is burning through his money and for Connor it would set him up more than 10mma fights would.

He made $10m in his last fight, he won't be getting $100m for the Mayweather fight.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

He made $10m in his last fight, he won't be getting $100m for the Mayweather fight.
    Don't think he will be far off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Based on?
    Based on my opinion
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Mayweather received $100m from the Manny fight.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

That's not what was challenged though, McGreedyGregor won't get 100m was his point I think
  • Options
    This just reminds me of when the GAA & Aussie Rules get together. The Irish lads stuff the Aussieswhen their play GAA with the round ball, the Aussies stuff the Irish playing with the oval ball and it comes to the International rules which is a combination of both games, no fooker has a clue what's going on.
  • Options
    A complete farce but I can't help but like the idea of anything that involves Conor McGregor getting really really hurt.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

That was his guaranteed purse - he received another $120-150m from his share of PPV - total gross earnings around $220-250m. Lifetime earnings c$700m.

He shouldn't need the money!!
  • Options
    Ahem, can someone explain who Mcgregor is ?
  • Options
    What a massive turd he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQeISn7ttek
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

colthe3rd said:

That's not what was challenged though, McGreedyGregor won't get 100m was his point I think
    Exactly. I'd imagine this fight happens if Mayweather gets his 100m. Mcgregor will obviously get quite a bit less but will take it as it's more than he's ever had for a single fight.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Turd is a lighter word than what I would use.

This just reminds me of when the GAA & Aussie Rules get together. The Irish lads stuff the Aussieswhen their play GAA with the round ball, the Aussies stuff the Irish playing with the oval ball and it comes to the International rules which is a combination of both games, no fooker has a clue what's going on.

Thought the Aussies win the international rules due to being full time professionals?

Conor won't get $100m but it will be a lot closer to that than his last fight.