Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best long songs on the jukebox.

I have a few I put on to block stuff from people who's music I don't like.

Grapevine by Creedence
Matty Groves by the Fairports
Achilles last stand by Zep
Move on up by Curtis Mayfield
Papa was a rolling stone by the Temps

Are some. Any recommendations for more?

Comments

• Slightly off topic but me and my mates used to live in a townhouse in Euston and back in 94 it was weekend of rugby challenge cup final. Our local pub Mabel's was packed with Leeds rugby league fans who were staying down in London for the night. No music was on the jukebox so my mate went over and put in a selection of tunes. However he put the wrong code in for the first song and out of the musical silence blasted the Man Utd cup final record Come on you Reds. The Leeds fans thought we were taking the piss especially as they were were playing Wigan In the final. They felt like a VERY long song as we tried to explain it was a genuine mistake.
  • Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • Sympathy for the Devil by Rolling Stones. Great song!
    Hey Jude by Beatles
    Bohemian rapsody by Queen

There was also a fad for bands recording extended versions of hits but can't recall any.
  • Seeing as free bird is taken, Voodoo Chile by Hendrix
  • Got To Give It Up Part 2 - Marvin Gaye
  • A quick one while he's away (cello cello cello cello cello cello)
  • Paradise by the dashboard lights - meatloaf
  • Estranged - Guns N' Roses
  • Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
    Guns n Roses - November Rain
    Phil Collins - Colours
    I Can See Clearly Now - Hothouse Flowers

Also a lot of Rush and Meat Loaf songs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Paranoid Android - Radiohead
  • If you used to put first track of Prince's "Lovesexy" album on, the whole album played...you'd obviously need to like Prince...a lot!! :wink:
  • Kashmir.....Led Zepp.
    Summer Breeze.....Isley Bros.....album version (which includes that amazing guitar solo by Ernie).
  • Close to the Edge - Yes
  • Won't Get Fooled Again (Full length version) - The Who

8 minutes of brilliance!

• Forty Five Hundred Times by Quo
    18 minutes of greatness!
  • Sister Ray.
    The Velvets.

• Champagne Supernova - OASIS
  • iainment said:

I have a few I put on to block stuff from people who's music I don't like.

Grapevine by Creedence
    Matty Groves by the Fairports
    Achilles last stand by Zep
    Move on up by Curtis Mayfield
    Papa was a rolling stone by the Temps

Are some. Any recommendations for more?

So to block out music that you don't like, you'll pay to maybe put on music that they won't like?

Everyone has a choice of music mate, but trying to get a list of long songs is something else. In pubs I've been in, a majority will turn down the music if the song is too long or people are complaining. They don't care as they don't own the machines.
  • edited March 2017
    The Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a song but an album.

Wish You Were Here 5 songs for a quid - perfect
  • I'm campaigning to have free jukebox Sunday revoked in my boozer.

It's just an excuse for a few people who are too tight to pay during the rest of the week to hog the jukebox and put on a dozen shit songs one after another.
  • Free jukebox only works if it's by tokens rather than completely free access.
    Or if you're the first on.
  • Alton Edwards- I just wanna
  • I'm campaigning to have free jukebox Sunday revoked in my boozer.

It's just an excuse for a few people who are too tight to pay during the rest of the week to hog the jukebox and put on a dozen shit songs one after another.

Can't they just listen to Radio 1 for the same effect?
  • The last time I played a jukebox it was "House of the Rising Sun".
  • The End - The Doors
  • A few months ago I was in a pub and someone in my group went and stuck Barbie Girl by Aqua on the Jukebox.
    One of the old regulars in the pub objected to it and came and had a word with us but still had to listen to the rest of it.

We then went back to the Jukebox and paid enough to put it on 5 times in a row and left.

Still wonder what his reaction would've been when it came on for the 4th, 5th and 6th time.
  • A few months ago I was in a pub and someone in my group went and stuck Barbie Girl by Aqua on the Jukebox.
    One of the old regulars in the pub objected to it and came and had a word with us but still had to listen to the rest of it.

We then went back to the Jukebox and paid enough to put it on 5 times in a row and left.

Still wonder what his reaction would've been when it came on for the 4th, 5th and 6th time.

I was camping in the New Forest with a couple of friends a few years ago. We went into a pub in Brockenhurst that was full of bikers. My mate went to the jukebox and put Wannabe by the Spice Girls on 5 times in a row.
  • Rocky Mountain Way .. Joe Walsh