Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"I am dying Egypt, dying..."

OK, it's not often I quote the 'immortal bard' but the line from Antony and Cleopatra seems apt after Tuesday night's game. Looking around at the '9,000' attendance (Yeah Daisy, in your dreams) it became patently obvious - despite a spirited and committed performance on the pitch - that, like the legendary Egyptian queen if not dying, then as a 'cloob' we are fading fast. To put it bluntly, things have to change or we will be playing in front of gates of 5,000 - or lower on a regular basis. I, along with MOST Addicks, are praying for a change of ownership but it has to happen this summer or I feel it will only be a matter of time before the 'Final Curtain' falls on our beloved club. Someone contradict me please!

Comments

• Well, de cloob is not for sale and Roland's in this for the long term. ;-)

I actually think Daisy's finally been broken and she's told her daddy that she can't do it no more and she'll be off in the summer, hence the recent activity.

And as i always said ' She goes.He goes'
  • This was my first home game for 13 months and whilst I was pleasantly surprised with the second half performance,I agree a continuation of the current status quo is not sustainable. I looked around the area I was sitting and did not recognise one face from those sitting around me.