Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tonight's Crossbar Challenge

13»

Comments

• Joshuk87 said:

Last game of the season and time for a final Crossbars challenge!

See if you can get served a pint in there that doesn't taste of piss?
    I've only been in around 3 times and I wouldn't have won. Even the strongbow tasted like piss.
    Solution to that is to get absolutely ruined. Not even piss tastes like piss when your 7 pints and half a bottle of rum down.
    How much is half a bottle of rum in crossbars?

• Joshuk87 said:

Last game of the season and time for a final Crossbars challenge!

See if you can get served a pint in there that doesn't taste of piss?
    I've only been in around 3 times and I wouldn't have won. Even the strongbow tasted like piss.
    Solution to that is to get absolutely ruined. Not even piss tastes like piss when your 7 pints and half a bottle of rum down.
    How much is half a bottle of rum in crossbars?

Didnt say anything about crossbars!
  • We could maybe do the SCP crossbar challenge...loads of us "hanging" about in front of covered end at various "cough cough" points during the game/protests...that will keep up the stoppages...!!!

• Old fella who said he hadn't a chance in hell of hitting it scuttled it along the ground .... a rather tame effort which was apt for the way this season went
  • It's embarrassing
  • Recs it was the 1st time he has scored in awhile tho...;-)...good on the ole boy tho...:-)
  • Saw him warming up! A mate offered me £100 if he got it. Not even close.
  • Ha ha, I know John who was doing it today, he was asked if he had trainers or boots, didn't have either but had his gardening shoes! Wanted to get tickets for a box, got a signed football! Said he had been practicing down at otford cricket nets to save him going after the ball!
  • Put away really well, has made it onto the top scorers list, anyway put the dosh in the upbeats pot.
  • Old fella who said he hadn't a chance in hell of hitting it scuttled it along the ground .... a rather tame effort which was apt for the way this season went

I was worried there was the danger he'd croak it on the run up...
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep it going........it's the only thing that brings a smile to my face at the Valley these days.
  • vffvff
    edited May 2017
    Great to be able to score a goal at the Covered End but as a competition the Crossbar challenge is rubbish. No one has got close. It will not be a surprise if no one managed it the whole of next season as well. The guy yesterday enjoyed it knowing he didn't have a hope in hell. He got a good response from the crowd. The whole challenge is symbolic of Charlton's chances of success under Duchatelet & Meire.
  • vff said:

Great to be able to score a goal at the Covered End but as a competition the Crossbar challenge is rubbish. No one has got close. It will not be a surprise if no one managed it the whole of next season as well. The guy yesterday enjoyed it knowing he didn't have a hope in hell. He got a good response from the crowd. The whole challenge is symbolic of Charlton's chances of success under Duchatelet & Meire.

It's just a bit of fun, other clubs do weirder things, was it Oxford where people have to catch footballs in wheelie bins?
  • Three people have come incredibly close. A woman about three games in (just under bar), a bloke about two months ago (just over bar) and a kid about two games ago (just under bar)
  • edited May 2017
    vff said:

I bet if they pinned a picture of Squirrel Face to the crossbar there would be a few more direct hits.
  • Think it's great entertainment, the more rubbish they are the better. Was worried the poor blokes teeth were going to fall out yesterday
  • vff said:

Yawn, it's a bit of fun FFS, and if you're going to mindlessly slag it off at least get your facts straight, people have got very close to it already
  • vffvff
    edited May 2017
    Leuth said:

Three people have come incredibly close. A woman about three games in (just under bar), a bloke about two months ago (just over bar) and a kid about two games ago (just under bar)

Not been to every home game this season. Every time, I have seen it, no one been close or has shanked the ball wide of the goal.I think that people not having the right footwear and being non footballers should be given a couple of chances.

The old bloke yesterday giving it a go was entertaining though. I was glad to see that he got a first team signed football for his trouble.