Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Strangest fans you've seen at Charlton?

Remembered about my one season sitting in the North Lower earlier today (this was many years back). There was this absolute nutter old guy that would walk around all game shouting at our players (had his specific few he particularly hated - can't remember who after all these years though). Remember a Tuesday night game in which he moaned every second of the game, went berserk and cheered as if we had scored when our opponents took the lead, and proceeded to shout "does anyone want my season ticket" **silence** "I couldn't even give it away!". Always hated that guy, really ruined that season for me, but that specific game luckily left me with a funny memory of that season.

Anyone else got any funny or strange stories about Charlton "fans" over the years?

Comments

• Most of the upper north :):):)

(I sit block J)
  • edited March 2017
    I saw my old maths teacher at a game once. He was odd.
  • edited March 2017
    bellz2002 said:

I've met a Charlton fan who is in Katrien's inner circle. Well at least that's what he thinks. She probably just thinks he's round her little finger.

John thinks he's important but he's not
  • There was a bald guy with glasses, all leather, and stab proof vest on, see him in the north stand and the lib
  • _nam11 said:

There was a bald guy with glasses, all leather, and stab proof vest on, see him in the north stand and the lib

Is he always drunk and on his own? There's a fella matching that description who bowls about in the north upper at the moment. Shouting all the time.
  • Yeah that's the one, calls everyone a communist or something
  • Sponsored links:

• Knew it was one of them!
  • Sounds like a plod
  • Palace fans are pretty strange.

• Haven't been to a game in a while but regularly have seen an alcoholic bloke who hangs around the North lower concourse before the game and at half time. Waits for people to go to their seats and finishes the dregs of beer they leave. Quite a sad sight really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

For many years I sat in front of a lady who just said "kick it" virtually all game.

Woman behind me at the Sheffield Utd FA cup game spent the whole match shouting "CENTRALLY DEFEND".

Now think about it every time we concede a goal through the middle.
    I remember a guy behind me used to shout "TAKE HIS LEGS OUT" constantly. I wonder what he thought of that famous Sam Sodje sending off...
  • a goal scored by us
  • DRAddick said:

Haven't been to a game in a while but regularly have seen an alcoholic bloke who hangs around the North lower concourse before the game and at half time. Waits for people to go to their seats and finishes the dregs of beer they leave. Quite a sad sight really.

He's not giving any money to the regime though. The beer is poor so he probably reaps the benefit of a bit of backwash added in.
  • Oxford.

This. But strange wasn't strong enough, imo. There used to be someone on here that defended him, which I could never quite believe. Definitely a personality disorder or two going on there.
  • _nam11 said:

Yeah that's the one, calls everyone a communist or something

Goonerhater who posts on here sometimes? Surprised you're allowed into football wearing a stab vest ranting about communists, unless he was private security

• bellz2002 said:

I saw my old maths teacher at a game once. He was odd.

My old maths teacher goes to games, Mr. Peck. He is far from odd.
  • Bloke used to sit behind me and called us Charlton. Kept telling him the T is silent but he wouldn't av it.

Not when I drink it