Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have the new £5 notes been counterfeited already ?

When buying a pint at the Valley yesterday the young lad behind the counter ran a marker pen over the new style £5 note I handed him before putting it in the till. Has Charlton got caught out with a load of dodgy new fivers already ?

Comments

• Options
    No, just old habits die hard
  • Options
    Don't think the pen will work on the new notes as they're not paper.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    Knowing what the staff are like at The Valley it was more likely a crayon and the geezer fancied doing some colouring in
  • Options

Dodgy customer more like.
    And why do you buy anything in the ground ?

Surely buying with snide notes is ok? That's the policy I've been operating on all season.
  • Options
    Some Roland £50m, can we use those in the ground now?
  • Options

Dodgy customer more like.
    And why do you buy anything in the ground ?

Obviously I can't speak the the thousands of others that are buying drinks etc in the ground but in my case it's probably something to do with fancying a drink and the club selling them I suspect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

Don't think the pen will work on the new notes as they're not paper.

Technically, the old ones weren't either. They were made from a blend of cotton fibre and linen rag, not wood pulp. Notes made of paper would last no time at all. I understand that the forgeries of the new notes copy the design but are actually printed on paper, so they should be rather easy to spot.
  • Options
    How many do you want? two quid each.
  • Options
    Yeah, as @Covered End points out - they were faked fairly quickly.

Not really a fault with the notes though, more likely it's simply the prime time to fake a currency. When a currency just enters circulation people aren't used to dealing with them, and thus lack familiarity.
  • Options
    I hope they have been counterfeited and that we can go back to the old fivers. Can't stand the new plastic ones!
  • Options

It's me. I've made some tallow-free ones

Well done.
  • Options
    Hoping the tenners are pork chop flavour.