Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Walsall - Post Match Views

From a distance that sounded a bit 'meh' and with an end of season feel to it.

Look forward to the thoughts of those there. Seems a few question marks of Robinson's selection / tactics again

Comments

• Offside trap didn't work, Page is rubbish, as is Crofts, Ulvestad is a surprisingly good centre back
  • 11 matches without a clean sheet.
  • They will be unhappy with a draw so I guess we should be happy with a point. Better 2nd half as we were woeful first. Their no 2 was superb.
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 points clear as you have to assume Vale will at least get to 40 points from their 3 games in hand.

The amount of teams between us will probably make us safe but could still get squeaky, as I can't see us winning Tues.

MK Dons at home will be key I think.
  • Watched it on Facebook

So sad to see the ground a quarter full

Basically you would only want Rudd, Holmes, Konsa and Aribo, the rest are meh

Sell the club
  • Mediocre can't wait for Tuesday
  • edited March 2017
    Ulvestad was the best CB we've had in 2 seasons today . Clever footballer who doesn't just hoof it like Tex. class
  • edited March 2017
    Why did Karl Knobinson go back to 4231 after we beat Scunthorpe playing 442? And as soon as we changed to 442 in the second half we equalised.
  • Considering early reports suggested Holmes wasn't starting he had a good game.

We were awful for most of the first half, gave them so much space out wide. I thought their goal was offside but couldn't say that with any certainty.

Looked quite a lot better second half and thought if we had nicked a goal they wouldn't have been able to complain. Etheridge made some good saves to keep it to 1-1.

Watt took his goal well.

1 point nearer to safety
  • Sponsored links:

• Dire - why was that formation chosen at the start and what was going on with the substitutes and the formation changes as a result of that? At least Ulvestad showed he can play at centre back if needed. Why totally change a system and a style that worked Tuesday night, even though Magennis was injured?
  • Blimey, lot of negativity on here. Considering the injuries we have and then the loss of Konsa I thought under the circumstances we played some good attacking football and other than the first 20 minutes in the first half bossed the game; just don't have anyone to finish. Have to agree with the comment about Watt. Don't think it's got anything to do with fitness, he's just a lazy sod. Holmes put a good shift in as did JJ when he came on.
  • Is there even 1000 in that stand ?
  • cafc4life said:

Ulvestad was the best CB we've had in 2 seasons today . Clever footballer who doesn't just hoof it like Tex. class

Not as good as diarra, but can see your point he was very impressive.
  • Poor performance, ulvestad did well when required to play centre back , stick him there every week .
  • edited March 2017
    Before I start I must say that the officials were atrocious. Byrne getting booked for a 50/50 challenge and Holmes getting hacked down at least twice without the ref giving a card to the opposition for far worse indiscretions. I must have been the only one in the ground to see the pass back in the first half that the keeper picked up. Robinson once again choses the 1 up front when we are at home for god sake. We got torn a new one down the left and Byrne was struggling but as soon as he changed it to 2 up front we started to put pressure on them. Great goal by Watt and if it wasn't for some wasteful finishing by Walsall it would have been a small consolation. JJ once again breaking things up when he came on and Novak also putting in a shift to hassle the back four. Holmes man of the match for me for another gut busting performance.
  • Really doubt relegation is likely but 3 below won today including Port Vale with 3 games in hand. If they win one of them then the gap to bottom 4 is 6 (but goal difference in reality means 7). Should be safe...