Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Branded Pair Of Trainers You Owned

Comments

• Options
    I had numerous pairs of Gola and Niks (not Nikes) from Makro, which is where my dad insisted we bought all our shoes. Always black too because “they hide the dirt”. 

First pair I bought with my own money were white Puma hexalite. 
  • Options
    puma disk only i sent my mum in with a list three pairs of trainers. I wrote them down quickly and wrote down Puma Dik. After  a bit of brief confusion she did come home with a pair of Puma Disks.
  • Options
    If it ain't Adidas then you may as well not bother.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Not my first pair but the first pair I bought with my allowance in the 80's - diadora golds ( Farahs / Lyle and Scott roll neck and a yellow Pringle jumper ; with a snide Fila jacket)
  • Options
    Adidas Kick from Bowes in Charlton Village

• Options
    Thinned out my trainer collection of late via Ebay
    Sold beckenbauers and gazelles some real rare colour combos
    And a pair of rare purple Adidas Jean's which I believe were a sample 'acquired' via gentrys
    Bit gutted realy but some have been sat in boxes for 20 years!
  • Options
    Golas..white with a single red flash from KG sports sangley road ..loved em 
  • Options
    Would have been Bukta or Umbro.....circa 1961/62.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Although I’m 100% Adidas now - my first branded pair were probably Gola.....and probably from Showell’s in Eltham. 
  • Options
    Adidas gazelle in red and white - from what I remember started off a bit of an obsession and am now the proud owner of 63 pairs of Adidas trainers, got some pretty rare ones, rarest probably being a Adidas and Barbour collaboration or a pair of Noel Gallagher 72s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel I've posted this on another discussion but first ones were Adidas Kick from Bowes in the village. 
    They had to last a whole school year. 
    Snap, same trainers same shop
  • Options
    Winfield!
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Winfield!
    I had a pair of their football boots. I thought they looked like Adidas with the stripes,(4 not 3). I had the pee ripped out of me playing for the school team. That was back in 1974, even then 10 year olds had better taste than me.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    How about their range of Stereo speakers.....I remember seeing a pair of 10 inch Winfields once in someone’s house!
    Embarrassing or what!
  • Options
    Do pony count as a brand. 
    Course, I always wanted the blue cloth with white stripe, mum could never afford them. 
  • Options
    Do pony count as a brand. 
    I had their NFL shoes when I was a kid
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Winfield!
    I had a pair of their football boots. I thought they looked like Adidas with the stripes,(4 not 3). I had the pee ripped out of me playing for the school team. That was back in 1974, even then 10 year olds had better taste than me.
    I can remember having the piss ripped out of me 'cos my boots had moulded studs, all the cool kids had screw-ins. Obviously I wanted screw-ins too. With hindsight though moulded were far better apart from the lack of coolness, because at that age you grow out of boots far quicker than you wear the studs out. And half the kids had missing studs anyway where they never checked them properly.  Blimey, I sound like the Mark Corrigan of U12 football.
  • Options
    A tidy haul - especially the SL72s!
  • Options
    Mine were a pair of navy Nike Roadrunner's, circa 1984. I think I was the second kid in my school year to get a pair. Still to this day don't quite know how I managed to convince my mum to buy them for me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adidas Kick, got through loads of pairs. Also had a pair of Adidas la galaxy.
  • Options
    Mine were a pair of navy Nike Roadrunner's, circa 1984. I think I was the second kid in my school year to get a pair. Still to this day don't quite know how I managed to convince my mum to buy them for me!
    Somehow I also got my mum to buy me these
    These probably were my first real branded pair probaby 82ish though
  • Options
    Probably worthy of a new thread but Yeezy's.  Anyone own a pair?  My daughter tells me these are the must have's now.  Had never heard of them until a couple of weeks ago but looking at the prices, christ almighty!
  • Options
    Adidas Kick from Stuarts (I think that was the name) in Bexley Village
  • Options
    I had a pair of Gola that were, in my opinion, the coolest things ever made.  I went to my friends house and we played football.  His mate came over and said to me "I had a pair of those once...and then my Dad got a job"

After that my next branded ones were either Troop or British Knights purchased from the sports shop on Welling high street as they had a special offer.  I've forgotten the name of the shop now but they often had crazy shoe sales on
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Probably worthy of a new thread but Yeezy's.  Anyone own a pair?  My daughter tells me these are the must have's now.  Had never heard of them until a couple of weeks ago but looking at the prices, christ almighty!
    People were going apeshit for them at Laces Out a couple of weeks ago. Most sellers had sold out within an hour of the convention opening.

Personally think they are abominations and all pairs should be burnt.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    People were going apeshit for them at Laces Out a couple of weeks ago. Most sellers had sold out within an hour of the convention opening.

Personally think they are abominations and all pairs should be burnt.
    Bang on....utter bilge......

Who wants a pair of knitted trainers FFS? They would have disappeared into the shite bins at JD sports if Kanye hadn't picked up on them.
  • Options
    Adidas Kick were also one of my first branded trainers. Mum bought them from Makro. I also remember having a black/orange pair of Mitre trainers and a pair of Patrick Stabilo. 
    Nike Wimbledon and Dia Dora’s were popular during the BMob days😬
    very much an Adidas convert since the 90s
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Hideous trainer. Amazing what people want just because a celeb wears them!

Balenciaga and Alexander Mcqueen making some shocking creps but they're worn by everyone.