Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Branded Pair Of Trainers You Owned

Comments

• Options
    I don't care because trainers, like bicycles, are for children.
  • Options
    I wanted a pair of Nike air max 90s (they were a new style at this point). My parents would only get me a pair of Hi-Tec :-(
  • Options

These bad boys!

Likewise. Although an earlier version I think.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I don't care because trainers, like bicycles, are for children.

You should have commented on the maturity thread instead mate
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Diadora Golds topped off with a Fila BJ (shorts not longlegs), Benetton green jumper underneath, gold chain and a wedge. Circa 2002

• Options

Riscardo said:

Don't wear trainers

Plimsols?

Bumpers?
    Either crocs or sliders
  • Options
    A pair of Power Tunis. Not because they were any cop but just because my mate was selling them brand new for 4 quid. His parents weren't happy about it .
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nike All Court in 1980. The brand was so little known here then that kids at school were taking the piss out of me for wearing Tesco Bombers, while they were wearing Golas or Inter. (Inter eventually became Hi-Tech.) Then the self-appointed coolest kid in the class exclaimed, 'Whoah, nice Nikes!' and my credibility immediately soared.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    hawksmoor said:

Nike All Court in 1980. The brand was so little known here then that kids at school were taking the piss out of me for wearing Tesco Bombers, while they were wearing Golas or Inter. (Inter eventually became Hi-Tech.) Then the self-appointed coolest kid in the class exclaimed, 'Whoah, nice Nikes!' and my credibility immediately soared.

Tesco Bombers........great blast from the past.

Had a pair of Inter Jonah Barrington now I come to think of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

hawksmoor said:

Tesco Bombers........great blast from the past.

Had a pair of Inter Jonah Barrington now I come to think of it now.
    As an aside, I wore my O/G Kegler Supers the other day, and you forget how heavy they are. They weigh a ton.
  • Options
    Whizz kids,adidas four stripe and tesco Terry's were all the rage in the seventies. I can recall having a pair of adidas kick trainers which cost £9 at the time. Before them a pair of black Stamfords or plimsolls were common place. A trip to pollards in Peckham and you could get a pair for 49p. Those were the good old days. You thought you looked the bollox if you matched them up with a pair of four button hi waist band Lionel's and a bastard round collar shirt.
  • Options
    Winfield plimsoles from Woolworths....circa 1955.
  • Options
    I've still got mine.

• Options
    Gola Cobra's, black with a yellow stripe, some time back in the 1970's.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I've still got mine.

They look like my first pair.
  • Options
    Kangaroos. They had pockets in the tongues. Proper class.
  • Options
    I had a pair of British Knights when I was a young un which I loved to bits. Primarily a Vans and Converse wearer back then though.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

I've still got mine.

They look like my first pair.
    They might be - I got them second hand.
  • Options
    Adidas kick or adidas samba.

Then Pony Linebackers- I had the orange and pale blue ones a la Miami dolphins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nike Wally Waffle.
  • Options

Following on from a pub discussion (as this is a football forum, I'm sure there will be some trainer afficiandos on here) - what was the first branded pair of trainers you ever owned?

Mine were Adidas Kick - saved up for 6 months to get them and performed a variety of surgeries over the year or so I had them to keep them going.

yep - Adidas Kick from the shoe shop in Charlton Village (Bowes?)
  • Options
    Adidas. 1968. Bought on holiday in Spain.
  • Options
    I wasn't really allowed nice shoes when I was a kid so probably either a pair of Nicks or Gola.
  • Options
    Puma Paris then Adidas Gazelle (blue)
  • Options
    IIRC it was a pair of white Cica trainers. Promoted by none other than Kriss Akabusi.

I am pretty sure by this point I had never had anything brand made and I needed a new pair. I was at a friends house and the mother showed up and told me she had bought me some new trainers. Cue mega excitement.

"What make are they mum?"

"Cica"

"eeermm, did you just make that up?"

What followed was a massive sulk as I'd told my friends I thought i'd be getting a pair of Adidas/Nike trainers.

Ungrateful little...

• Options
    I think I had a pair of Pony for AstroTurf football

First Ines I really chose were Black diadora with bright green laces and trim

I was the Dobermans undercarriage in these

I wore them to a mates house thinking I was billy big bollocks and his friend saw them and said " I had a pair of them, then my dad got a job!"

After that it was Ewing from a geezer at school (named after NBA star Patrick Ewing), some British Knights and Troop Cobra from Gentry Sports in Welling after I spotted an advert in the local paper

Nowadays it's whatever looks alright with my "Dad jeans"

• Options

Nike Wally Waffle.

i had those had totally forgot about them for 30 years
  • Options
    not trainers but remember me and my mate went to Lewisham and both came back to deepest kent with red kickers
    that night went out in them thinking they were the b##locks as they hadnt reached kent yet only to be shot down that night with "why the f**k have you 2 got clowns boots on !"
  • Options

not trainers but remember me and my mate went to Lewisham and both came back to deepest kent with red kickers
    that night went out in them thinking they were the b##locks as they hadnt reached kent yet only to be shot down that night with "why the f**k have you 2 got clowns boots on !"

I still wear kickers now , would never have bought the red Ronald McDonald ones though.