Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KR knows how to solve injury problems

Comments

• Options
    So basically what every other professional club does. Hopefully, he will have all the new signings in place before pre season begins.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    makes sense .. players are well paid during the summer and should keep fit .. e.g. woe betide players going back to Chelsea or Man U having put on holiday weight .. successful teams always seem to get few injuries, players are too scared of losing their place and a fit 'state of mind' is vital ..
    Curbishley's sides suffered few injuries from memory, the worst probably being Sir Clive Mendonca's career ending one
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie. When I saw this I thought it was going to include a bit about some scouser Eileen drury type character he knows from the Wirral
  • Options

That sounds like something every normal club does.

You know, setting a date for the players to come back, giving each player a fitness programme especially the injured ones.

So just what Katrien "we've learnt from our mistakes, we're aiming for promotion" Meire didn't bother checking was in place when she sacked Riga.

Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery let alone a pre-season at a football club.

So basically what every other professional club does. Hopefully, he will have all the new signings in place before pre season begins.

@SouthWest_Addicks Don't copy Henry, he's a little sensitive about it
  • Options
    cabbles said:

That sounds like something every normal club does.

You know, setting a date for the players to come back, giving each player a fitness programme especially the injured ones.

So just what Katrien "we've learnt from our mistakes, we're aiming for promotion" Meire didn't bother checking was in place when she sacked Riga.

Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery let alone a pre-season at a football club.

@SouthWest_Addicks Don't copy Henry, he's a little sensitive about it
    posted

We posted at the same time so no one was copying.

Not that either of us would be bothered as we're not infantile
  • Options
    I just don't want anyone else copying you
  • Options
    I hope he is keeping an eye on every other club's pre-season dates to make sure he really does have them back 2 weeks before everyone else
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the last two seasons I've had questions about the players' fitness. I remember them looking absolutely knackered before Jose turned up last year and had them doing two-a-days in January. This year, given how many late goals we've conceded I've long wondered about the players' fitness. Add to that the number of injuries we've picked up, as KR points out, particularly the niggles (for example, Josh's first injury at least, or Pearce's or Kashi's probably aren't down to fitness).
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I just don't want anyone else copying you

Well, that's your OCD issue.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest
  • Options
    It may be words, but at least it's sending the right message, as our fitness record is pathetic, both in terms of physical fitness, and in terms of injury problems
  • Options
    Brilliant.
    That, coupled with the new table cloths in place for the whole of the summer must mean we are favourites for the title.
  • Options
    Start pre-season earlier and work them harder than anyone else. Money on us to be top at Christmas then as fatigue injuries kick in our unbalanced squad will win only 4 games in 2018 and end up 2 points outside the playoffs.

What we need is a balanced squad with real depth so that we don't need to rush players back from injury. For example, we could do with Jason Pearce back, but given this season is pretty much petering out I'm a bit concerned that KR seems to want him back sooner than the medical staff do, or least he intimated as much in his presser yesterday.
  • Options
    The answer is to have a balanced squad that can allow for proper rotation of players. Not 6 CBs and one RB, not 2.5 wingers and 3 CMs. Not relying on untested youth to start games before they're ready as you don't have any competition in the squad, then being surprised and "unlucky" when they get injured. Not sending out one of your four strikers on loan and then reverting to 442 as you realised (too late) that you don't have a balanced squad to play the formation that you like.

A balanced squad with stable management and an owner who lets managers ... manage ... is the key.

But these guys learn from their mistakes so I'm sure it'll be different next year...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I can't fault KR. I agree. Our last 2 pre seasons have been beyond pathetic and it's no wonder we got off to a poor start.

Premier League stadium and non-league CEO and owner.
  • Options
    Wonder if anyone has caught up with Kashi who has gone AWOL on a decent salary and must be over his injury now. Reports suggest the club couldn't contact him but he would be a huge boost in our run-in. Down to the CEO I'd guess!!!!
  • Options
    Don't buy/loan cheap crocked/unfit non starting players in the 1st place,that would be a start
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beardface said:

The answer is to have a balanced squad that can allow for proper rotation of players. Not 6 CBs and one RB, not 2.5 wingers and 3 CMs. Not relying on untested youth to start games before they're ready as you don't have any competition in the squad, then being surprised and "unlucky" when they get injured. Not sending out one of your four strikers on loan and then reverting to 442 as you realised (too late) that you don't have a balanced squad to play the formation that you like.

A balanced squad with stable management and an owner who lets managers ... manage ... is the key.

But these guys learn from their mistakes so I'm sure it'll be different next year...

To be fair, having 5 CBs missing is pretty extraordinary and it's not as if they're all untried youth players or players signed from Driesen's spreadsheet last summer

Do teams in L1 and below "rotate" players much? The majority of clubs in this division have small squads, and rely heavily on certain key players. I imagine the Lincoln players, performing heroics this season, will cope with playing twice a week for 3 months
  • Options
    This pre-season in Belgium nonsense has hampered our preparation in the past.

Get back out to Spain to play Cardiff/Villa/ (or whoever), as previously, in a proper test against sides above you in the league.

Also, maybe KR should have a read of "Left Foot Forward" by GN and see how a proper footballer prepared to come back from injury for a new season.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Agent to player.
    'I can get you a fantastic four year deal at Charlton on £10k a week'.
    Player to agent.
    'Yeah but I heard that Robinson wants his players in a fortnight early to run them ragged chasing some such thing as fitness, that's a drag man, I am a footballer not a racehorse'.
    Agent to player.
    'Book your holiday son, I can drag out the negotiations until the day before the first match'.
    Player to agent.
    'OK man, when shall I take the first eight weeks off then? Due to a fractured eyelash?'
    Agent to player.
    'Mid September, then again in mid December so you can have Christmas in Dubai'.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Ha ha. Does he expect to be here when they get back?

Even if he is, most of them won't.

If that fat scouse gobshite is still in post in mid June I can't see any players turning up for pre-season training nor any reasons that they should. He's as bad for players' careers as the regime is for the club as a whole.
  • Options

This pre-season in Belgium nonsense has hampered our preparation in the past.

Get back out to Spain to play Cardiff/Villa/ (or whoever), as previously, in a proper test against sides above you in the league.

Also, maybe KR should have a read of "Left Foot Forward" by GN and see how a proper footballer prepared to come back from injury for a new season.

We were in Austria this year!
  • Options

It may be words, but at least it's sending the right message, as our fitness record is pathetic, both in terms of physical fitness, and in terms of injury problems

Used to be fantastic under Powell. Pritchard et al.