Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adrian Durham v Chris Sutton this afternoon

Anybody else listen this afternoon. Top class argument. Sutton accused Durham several times of lying. It was on about 16.15 and lasted 15-20 minutes.

Comments

• Any clues as to what the argument was about?
  • Yes sutton tweeted that had a scottish club lost 10-2 on aggregate Durham would be saying how bad rthe scottish club was, durham tweeted that Sutton was saying that he was by that tweet comparing the scots league with the premier league which he wasn't. Plus other things.
  • Thanks karim.
  • it's a painful listen. Adrian just keeps turning the volume down so he can keep talking and doing a paxman style questioning as soon as Sutton tries to explain anything.
  • get to the last ten minutes and finally it becomes a bit more sensible
  • Heard on my way home.

Petty children.
  • Chris Sutton is such a prick and that's coming from someone who has always though Durham is a prick an all
  • Yes both are but i have heard Durham several times slag off celtic as he is and wonrt admit hes a rangers fan. Sutton obviously has celtic connections.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see anything wrong with any commercial radio presenters being pro are anti any club, as long as they're prepared to take the flack that comes with it
  • 2 motormouths on the wrong side of the road ..
    BUT the raison d'etre of talksport (and increasingly on BBC pundit 'chats' with |Mark Chapman) is to emulate two or more geezers arguing over a pint or six dahn the battle cruiser ..
    so expect to see Sutton alongside Alan Brazil or Jim White sometime soon ((:>)
  • Thought Sutton was fair enough to say Durham was talking bollocks. He basically tried to make his tweet sound like something completely different.

At no point can it be claimed Sutton thinks the Prem and Scots Prem are the same. He just said if a Scottish team got battered like that you would never hear the end of it.
  • Thought Sutton was fair enough to say Durham was talking bollocks. He basically tried to make his tweet sound like something completely different.

At no point can it be claimed Sutton thinks the Prem and Scots Prem are the same. He just said if a Scottish team got battered like that you would never hear the end of it.

As we ain't with the Arsenal. There's been loads about it
  • That'll be the Norwich droan
  • Sutton is an absolutely woeful pundit and co-commentator.

Durham is just a dickhead.
  • Chris Sutton is actually a very intelligent bloke, which is seen as odd in the football community. He's opening his mouth a bit now to get a gig on tv or radio which is slightly disappointing.

Throughout history if a footballer has a GCSE they would get called 'the professor' and Sutton has always struggled to fit in by all accounts largely down to having the intelligence to shut some of the great banter merchants of our time up. That and being fucking huge. Adrian Durham is a prat mind you and suits Talksport down to the ground doing his radio WWF bit with Darren Gough every afternoon.
  • Chris Sutton is a miserable bastard. he's one of an increasing number of pundits who just seem to hate football.
  • I quite like Adrian Durham
  • Sponsored links:

• I do hate chat shows these days. They are like listening to a big mouth in a pub where everyone around them has to agree or risk the volume being turned up and the same nonsense repeated over and over until big mouth moves on to the next rant.
  • Yes both are but i have heard Durham several times slag off celtic as he is and wonrt admit hes a rangers fan. Sutton obviously has celtic connections.

Durham's just gone up in my opinion !
  • #TeamSutton
  • Durham's just a mouthpiece (in the main to attract callers to make money for the awful station). No matter who phones in, whenever they start to get the better of him (which is quite often) he simply resorts to shouting them down and ultimately cutting them off. Gough is nothing more than his subservient side kick with nothing of any substance whatsoever to add to any discussion. Something akin to the stereotypical groupy of the school bully.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Sutton is an intelligent bloke who would simply run rings around Der-Ham if Der-Ham afforded him the opportunity to (hence cutting him off).
  • Adrian Durham having a pop at Arsenal....fancy that
  • Swisdom said:

Adrian Durham having a pop at Arsenal....fancy that

As much as I think he is a div, the daily Arsenal he used to do always made me grin. Not necessarily the content but the fact that it existed. A daily segment to analyse what the club and their fans had been up to and rip it to shreds
  • Why is this in General Charlton?
  • Had to laugh at the bit when Durham threatens to sue him for calling him a liar... Berk.
  • With Durham arguing with guests or Darren Gough it's no wonder the nickname for the channel is Talkshite. I stopped listening some months ago because they flog the same topics to death for days on end.

If I am out and about during the day I will have a listen to Hawksby and Jacobs which in my opinion is by far the best show on Talkshite
  • Danny Kelly does a good programme